the thread about nothing...

I graduated high school 20 years ago today on the 14th. Funny it doesn’t feel like it was that long ago but I think back to the clothing style, music and gas prices...yup, that confirms it :lol:

I’m gonna listen to music from that time and rock my black toe XIV’s when I work out today.
How was graduating HS in 99 bro? Em being the biggest rapper in the world, Woodstock, Y2K

How the **** am I gonna drop 200 for urgent care? Holy **** why is it soo expensive :smh: :lol:

Debating if i should do that 10k run this Sunday.

Pros:
I like running
Good workout
It’s a well organized race
They give you a lunch and a beer at the end

Cons:
Weather forecast is no bueno
I have to pay ~$50
10k means i’ll be sore the next day
I have to wake up early

Hmmm i’ll have to think about it some more :lol:

I got a verbal offer (through my recruiter) from a company I’ve interviewed with a few times on Wednesday. Had my recruiter girl send them a counter. She said they accepted the counter offer. My recruiter girl gave them the thumbs up and they said to her they’ll reach out via call to me to explain the equity portion (privacy can’t discuss with external recruiter) and send over a docusign for written offer to me directly.

That was all finished Thursday pre lunch. I let my current company know and put in my 2 weeks notice on Thursday. Now it’s 24 hours later and I still haven’t gotten a call from them or gotten a written offer email.

The anxiety is on high alert right now...hope I’m not getting screwed lol.

MAN, Leaving a company is like having a messy breakup.
SMH

It is but i’ve learned to dissociate my feelings from co-workers. If the move is better for me, then i don’t hesitate.

I’m not caring for a company that will throw me under the bus at the first chance they get.

Now if it’s a very small firm then it might be different but anything over 100 employees idgaf :lol:

Haven’t been able to do any work since lunch because the internet has been out

Edit: and right after I posted this it starts working again :lol:

How was graduating HS in 99 bro? Em being the biggest rapper in the world, Woodstock, Y2K

It was exciting knowing we were the final graduating class of the 90’s. The school year started off great with lots of perks being the new seniors and the respect and admiration that came with it. The mood was slightly changed when the Columbine shooting happened, it was talked about in class by the teachers and students but we quickly focused on finals and other typical teen stuff.

Baggy jeans with button ups or large lettered branding was the **** in that time. I thought I was “doing it” in my Eddie Bauer long sleeve or Hugo Boss :lol: Everyone on the court tried to play like Allen Iverson and I rocked his low top Questions. The rest had AJ 13’s, 14’s. Most had the Kobe Adidas or Reebok Answers because Marshall’s got a shipment of them and priced them at $40. It was funny to see so many who made their parents cop them a pair.

Eminem wasn’t huge yet but classmates did talk about “My name is” and “Guilty conscience”. The songs that got heavy airplay on the radio(hip hop wise) were...

Lauryn Hill (That thing and Ex factor)
Jay Z (Hard knock life and Money cash ****)
Tyrese (Sweet Lady)
DMX (Ruff Ryderz anthem and How’s it going down)
Faith Evans (Love like this)
Tupac (Changes)
TLC (No scrubs)
112 (Anywhere)
Fat Joe (Betcha’ man can’t)

Edit: forgot Jay Z (can I get a...) it was a huge hit.

But yeah man, it was definitely fun. No bills to pay or worries other than where the next party was going to be. Girls were plentiful and it was no problem to talk to them and get their number. You did have to deal with the parents first though :lol:

Last edited:
I got a verbal offer (through my recruiter) from a company I’ve interviewed with a few times on Wednesday. Had my recruiter girl send them a counter. She said they accepted the counter offer. My recruiter girl gave them the thumbs up and they said to her they’ll reach out via call to me to explain the equity portion (privacy can’t discuss with external recruiter) and send over a docusign for written offer to me directly.

That was all finished Thursday pre lunch. I let my current company know and put in my 2 weeks notice on Thursday. Now it’s 24 hours later and I still haven’t gotten a call from them or gotten a written offer email.

The anxiety is on high alert right now...hope I’m not getting screwed lol.
Why did you resign before getting anything in writing?

Is it rude to ask someone close to you (roommate, sister-in-law, etc.) what they theoretically might like to name their baby if it’s a boy or if it’s a girl?

Why/why not?

Back
Top Bottom