the thread about nothing...

EF7qyDY-BRz3z-XRoTlQ_brsCZK9NgX-_nQMKznw_TM.png

I truly don't mean to come off as if the father has no right to be upset...he truly does.

But as an outside observer I can't imagine how you don't see the woman's point of view in this isolated incident. You really not gonna give a **** about those kids? You're not the father lol...it wasn't your money...

And I agree...a consistent situation is unacceptable.
Well life isn't fair. If two strippers work the same shift and one makes more money that the other because the patrons gravitate toward her, is the one who makes more obligated to share? Whenever kids are involved people want to be sympathetic, but they have to learn the harsh realities of life sooner or later. The kids themselves should be involved in pushing their fathers who are not pulling their weight.

Last edited:
Well life isn't fair. If two strippers work the same shift and one makes more money that the other because the patrons gravitate toward her, is the one who makes more obligated to share? Whenever kids are involved people want to be sympathetic, but they have to learn the harsh realities of life sooner or later. The kids themselves should be involved in pushing their fathers who are not pulling their weight.

Agreed.

So let's change the role of the mother to a teacher or something. If there were an upcoming field trip and only some kids got the money to go from their parents, would you change the trip to something cheaper to accomodate the kids whose parents did not put forth the money?

Though like people were saying the mother's actions make sense, but that doesn't make it right.

The kids themselves should be involved in pushing their fathers who are not pulling their weight.
Yeah folks get sympathetic when kids are involved...they're ******* kids. Kids shouldnt have to learn life isn't fair by way of not having school supplies while there other brother/sister does. Come on man.

It's the kids job to push the father to be in their lives...wow man...kids? Do you think these guys are headed to college or some ****?

No kids chooses to have a P.O.S as a parent dude. Start there and I think you will find the sympathy you are lacking.

Last edited:
You're out of your mind or discussing something you've never actually have come close to dealing with personally bro.

Yeah folks get sympathetic when kids are involved...they're ****ing kids. Kids shouldnt have to learn life isn't fair by way of both having school supplies. Come on man.

It's the kids job to push the father to be in their lives...wow man...kids? Do you think these guys are headed to college or some ****?

No kids chooses to have a P.O.S as a parent dude. Start there and I think you will find the sympathy you are lacking.

I mean I'm sympathetic but like you said, it's unaccetpable if this is a consistent thing. Where is the line drawn? If the father gives the mother money to have a dope *** birthday for his kid is the mother then justified in splitting that money to throw equal birthday celebrations for the other two?

I get that school supplies are essential, but from the sounds of it it seems like the money was split equally between the 3 children. If the father is throwing money to have his kid have premium stuff, isn't it unfair to that kid to get lower quality things because his half-siblings parents aren't putting the money forward?

I agree it shouldn't be on the kids to get their fathers to be more involved though.

I mean I'm sympathetic but like you said, it's unaccetpable if this is a consistent thing. Where is the line drawn? If the father gives the mother money to have a dope *** birthday for his kid is the mother than justified in splitting that money to throw equal birthday celebrations for the other two?

I get that school supplies are essential, but from the sounds of it it seems like the money was split equally between the 3 children.
I honestly cannot tell you where the line is. For your hypothetical I would not side with the mother at all. A party doesn't compare to school supplies.

I can only say for the situation originally posed I wouldn't consider the emotions of either parent wrong and I can't really truly say the mother did wrong either. I could understand the argument of why someone feels she did wrong...but not sure I'd call the actions wrong.

Life is ****** like that sometimes. I'd rather treat PEOPLE with love as opposed to treating them like animals.

ugh went to see my ophthalmologist today since im a glaucoma suspect.

long story short, i need to come back in 3 weeks then again in 4 months to see if theres any changes in my eyes that indicate that I have glacuoma. and even if I dont I still need to come in consistently to check my eyes for the rest of my life.

freaking sucks man. I dont wanna go blind.

ugh went to see my ophthalmologist today since im a glaucoma suspect.

long story short, i need to come back in 3 weeks then again in 4 months to see if theres any changes in my eyes that indicate that I have glacuoma. and even if I dont I still need to come in consistently to check my eyes for the rest of my life.

freaking sucks man. I dont wanna go blind.

Is it because you have thin nerves? I'm also at risk of glaucoma and have to take a test once a year, I hope nothing happens to you

You're out of your mind or discussing something you've never actually have come close to dealing with personally bro.

Yeah folks get sympathetic when kids are involved...they're ****ing kids. Kids shouldnt have to learn life isn't fair by way of not having school supplies while there other brother/sister does. Come on man.

Just because you see me in the Adidas Boost thread, it is easy for you to assume my life has been sunshine and rainbows. I grew up on public assistance and until I was able to get my own, my shoes had a lifespan of 2.5 years. Meanwhile, most of my extended family members were well off and the kids (my cousins) had all the latest gear. I know first hand how it feels to be deprived. However, objectively the father has the right to be upset. He breaks his back to provide for his seed. To see it split with two other kids who are not his responsibility, thereby diluting the resources that his own child was supposed to get is unsettling.

Like I said if I'm the Father in the situation that the story described, I would let it slide as long as the money was put to good use. If me giving to a kid eliminates the creation of a potential scumbag in this world, then I'm all for it. I've told a couple stories that involved me giving treats to kids, and it was not to toot my own horn. I think the last one was to impart that babies under 1 year old should not eat ice cream. If you think I was suggesting that kids should be deprived to teach them a lesson on inequality, then you misunderstood me. My point was even though they are kids, they will eventually have to learn the harsh realities of life one way or another. Sometimes there is no way to sugar coat it. If the news is showing a school shooting, and you turn off the TV you might delay their exposure to it. But they will at some point find out about it through other avenues. Everyone is dealt a different hand in life, and unfortunately some will get the shorter end of the stick. That doesn't make it right to grab from someone else's plate.

Just because you see me in the Adidas Boost thread, it is easy for you to assume my life has been sunshine and rainbows.
You're right. That's my bad. I did remove that portion of the post. Bad look on my move to assume.

I still find your take heartless, but each man has their own opinion.

Again, I don't find fault in the father's feelings. But I don't find fault in the mother's actions either. If you don't think buying all of the kids school supplies isn't going to be apart of the greater good, then I think you're missing the point.

You're right. That's my bad. I did remove that portion of the post. Bad look on my move to assume.

I still find your take heartless, but each man has their own opinion.

Again, I don't find fault in the father's feelings. But I don't find fault in the mother's actions either. If you don't think buying all of the kids school supplies isn't going to be apart of the greater good, then I think you're missing the point.
I said I wouldn't mind if I was in this father's shoes, for this particular situation. I will only have a gripe if the mother spends the child support for my own child on the others on a regular basis. What is heartless about what I wrote...Is it the part where I suggested the other kid's should have a talk with their own father to pull his weight? Either the mother and or the actual father of the kids should provide. How is this train of thought deemed unreasonable? I feel as if I am being painted as some sort of Ivan Drago type of villain.

Back
Top Bottom