the thread about nothing...

A friend of mine went to egypt recently and said that there were cats EVERYWHERE.

Even a bunch of dead ones

2468085B-50DA-48A6-9793-1C440C3C82E6.jpeg

Meet Coca with the safari hat

What's wrong with planet fitness?

I'm not a gym cat btw but the commercials make it seem very inviting

A lot

You cant deadlift

They have pizza night.... At a gym

They have donut night.... At a gym

You cant deadlift

From what i heard they dont even have squat racks, just smith machines.

You cant deadlift

$.68 for each egg, right? or for that many eggs? If so, which target is that. Haven't seen them that cheap.

A lot

You cant deadlift

They have pizza night.... At a gym

They have donut night.... At a gym

You cant deadlift

From what i heard they dont even have squat racks, just smith machines.

You cant deadlift
And dumbells only up to 60 lbs

What's wrong with planet fitness?

I'm not a gym cat btw but the commercials make it seem very inviting

Like with anything on the internet I think the Planet Fitness hate is blown out of proportion to the point of memehood
Though I believe some of it is justified. Let me preface this with the fact that I haven't actually looked into Planet Fitness but just read stories on the internet :lol:

They have a "Lunk Alarm" where you can't make too much noise or you'll be kicked out. So if you're exerting a huge amount of effort to lift that weight and God forbid you grunt or something, you're out of there. Also, I've heard you can't lift too heavy because that falls under "gymtimidation". I've also seen articles of members being asked to either cover up or leave because they looked too fit (also falling under "gymtimidation"). Also falling under "gymtimidation" is that their weights don't go past 60 pounds or something. Their whole platform is based around making the gym a nice and comfy zone that's "judgement free". Like ahat said they have bagels, pizza parties, free candy at the front desk, etc. which seems a bit counterproductive.

That being said there's certainly a market for it, especially for those just starting out in the gym but you should probably move on

Back
Top Bottom