the thread about nothing...

I'm sure you guys have but dont you think its weird when people just expect you to have an opinion that conforms with the norm? I think it was middle school where I was ask who my hero outside of my parents was. Everyone else was giving the typical answers, you can think of names to fit in here, when it was my turn I said JAY-Z. I thought nothing of it cause the guy was my hero, still is, but yet when I said it I got the staredown from my classmates and my teacher just had a look of contempt on her face. 

A couple of years ago my parents asked the question in casual conversation, once again I said JAY-Z, and they got pissed. Its crazy how only certain people are allowed to be "heroes". It really isnt supposed to be a knock on any of the other people that have done great things, I just identified with the guy since I was really little and just never stopped listening. I got my first JAY-Z album when I was 7, and the music has just always been there with me, and has a reason. The first time I got cheated on by a girl I might have played song cry 500 times and that was the summer when Dear Summer came out and I might have played that 300 times. When the Big Pimpin video first came out I would flip to MTV Jams on the hour every hour. I could tell dozens of storys of how the guys music impacted my life. But yeah... 

Speaking of I really think I'm going to cry when he dies, regardless of how old I am. inb4 I'm soft

Did you cry when Nas dropped Ether? Serious.

I'm sure you guys have but dont you think its weird when people just expect you to have an opinion that conforms with the norm? I think it was middle school where I was ask who my hero outside of my parents was. Everyone else was giving the typical answers, you can think of names to fit in here, when it was my turn I said JAY-Z. I thought nothing of it cause the guy was my hero, still is, but yet when I said it I got the staredown from my classmates and my teacher just had a look of contempt on her face. 

A couple of years ago my parents asked the question in casual conversation, once again I said JAY-Z, and they got pissed. Its crazy how only certain people are allowed to be "heroes". It really isnt supposed to be a knock on any of the other people that have done great things, I just identified with the guy since I was really little and just never stopped listening. I got my first JAY-Z album when I was 7, and the music has just always been there with me, and has a reason. The first time I got cheated on by a girl I might have played song cry 500 times and that was the summer when Dear Summer came out and I might have played that 300 times. When the Big Pimpin video first came out I would flip to MTV Jams on the hour every hour. I could tell dozens of storys of how the guys music impacted my life. But yeah... 

Speaking of I really think I'm going to cry when he dies, regardless of how old I am. inb4 I'm soft

Ether was trash, very serious. A bunch of corny jokes and nothing of substance, that opinion isnt a result of stanship either it was just bad.

SuperUgly>Ether. 

The collection of JAYs disses> The collection of Nas' disses

I dont think so, when someone says "hero" his name wouldnt be a name that typically comes out. Favorite musician? Yeah, I dont think most would take it past that though. I was like 7 though I knew nothing about this popularity, I just came to America from Jamaica and my mom and uncle put me on. The first rap album I ever heard was Its Dark and Hell Is Hot and my uncle gave me Hard Knock Life on cassette and said I would like it cause JAY-Z was just like DMX. It was just something that happened
That's fair. I came in on Hard Knock Life too, but that was, everybody and they moms vibin to it music. I guess Americans are culturally conditioned to put down anything we all agree on? And it sounds like you got to either relate to others through him or find what his music meant to you personally, whereas I knew if I blast this right now, everyone will know the words and I'll have that 5th grader swag workin. :lol: It'd be wild to experience 90s Jay through a vacuum.

I take it your feelings on him haven't changed at all?

:lol:

i wanted to cry when B had his child :lol:

nas-kelis-3.gif

Ether was trash, very serious. A bunch of corny jokes and nothing of substance, that opinion isnt a result of stanship either it was just bad.

SuperUgly>Ether. 

Haha, you just proclaimed the man your "hero" and said you would cry when he died and you expect me to believe that you are capable of formulating an unbiased opinion? F outtaaaaaaaa here.

Sounds like you are still reeling from the 2001 diss reprocussions. I can remember the jay fans defending their fallen idol so hard back in the high school lunch room when this dropped.

I won't take any future post you make seriously. Sorry.

SuperUgly>Ether. 

SuperUgly>Ether. 

Haha, you just proclaimed the man your "hero" and said you would cry when he died and you expect me to believe that you are capable of formulating an unbiased opinion? F outtaaaaaaaa here.

Sounds like you are still reeling from the 2001 diss reprocussions. I can remember the jay fans defending their fallen idol so hard back in the high school lunch room when this dropped.

I won't take any future post you make seriously. Sorry.

well damb

ether pt.2

btw just read dude said drake has "elite level rapping ability"

i'm gona beat the hell out of my kids in the future just cuz of that post. 

interview with the Lox and Diddy
eek.gif

Diddy paper gangster! I mean that with the utmost respects...made the Lox sound like clowns.

Back
Top Bottom