the thread about nothing...

Jeezb...people driving into a canalb in Florida thinking it's a roadb
417501_4426253215533_762582008_n.jpg

:wow:

I'm sure you guys have but dont you think its weird when people just expect you to have an opinion that conforms with the norm? I think it was middle school where I was ask who my hero outside of my parents was. Everyone else was giving the typical answers, you can think of names to fit in here, when it was my turn I said JAY-Z. I thought nothing of it cause the guy was my hero, still is, but yet when I said it I got the staredown from my classmates and my teacher just had a look of contempt on her face. 

A couple of years ago my parents asked the question in casual conversation, once again I said JAY-Z, and they got pissed. Its crazy how only certain people are allowed to be "heroes". It really isnt supposed to be a knock on any of the other people that have done great things, I just identified with the guy since I was really little and just never stopped listening. I got my first JAY-Z album when I was 7, and the music has just always been there with me, and has a reason. The first time I got cheated on by a girl I might have played song cry 500 times and that was the summer when Dear Summer came out and I might have played that 300 times. When the Big Pimpin video first came out I would flip to MTV Jams on the hour every hour. I could tell dozens of storys of how the guys music impacted my life. But yeah... 

Speaking of I really think I'm going to cry when he dies, regardless of how old I am. inb4 I'm soft

I'm sure you guys have but dont you think its weird when people just expect you to have an opinion that conforms with the norm? I think it was middle school where I was ask who my hero outside of my parents was. Everyone else was giving the typical answers, you can think of names to fit in here, when it was my turn I said JAY-Z. I thought nothing of it cause the guy was my hero, still is, but yet when I said it I got the staredown from my classmates and my teacher just had a look of contempt on her face. 

A couple of years ago my parents asked the question in casual conversation, once again I said JAY-Z, and they got pissed. Its crazy how only certain people are allowed to be "heroes". It really isnt supposed to be a knock on any of the other people that have done great things, I just identified with the guy since I was really little and just never stopped listening. I got my first JAY-Z album when I was 7, and the music has just always been there with me, and has a reason. The first time I got cheated on by a girl I might have played song cry 500 times and that was the summer when Dear Summer came out and I might have played that 300 times. When the Big Pimpin video first came out I would flip to MTV Jams on the hour every hour. I could tell dozens of storys of how the guys music impacted my life. But yeah... 

Speaking of I really think I'm going to cry when he dies, regardless of how old I am. inb4 I'm soft

What's good everybody?!!

I've been busy getting ready for another school year of university level engineering. It's gonna be tough, but I believe that it will be my most productive year to date!

My roommates and I finally got the internet working. I'm happy to be back and I've missed this place!

2060 unread posts. Oh my damn 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

truth! I got reasonable doubt when I was a young kid, and I got it late...I'm still trying to figure out half the lines on that CD. Jay-Z g.o.a.t in my opinion.

Last edited:
Why? He's not even my favorite rapper
laugh.gif
Drake is. Drake is the best ARTIST doing it in music, but that's another story for another time.
I don't see how y'all like some of the rappers y'all do man, no flair or entertainment value at all but whatever.
I listen to 90's r&b, new jack swing, and pop far more anyway. Better music.

zmjfv8.gif

But serioubsly, Hova? :nerd:

It's his popularity. When you said conform to the norm, I thought you were onto something ahead of other people, I didn't realize you just loved something very, very, very popular, a lot more than most people. If anything I'd say you conform more than most people on that one thing, because even they'd experienced dude's music, but didn't find the...devotion...that you did in it? :lol:

At least you were youb doeb.

Last edited:
someone's about to post some Kid Cudi.
I hope not

You've earned a rep from me for this. Should have seen it coming, but didnt.
I'm sure you guys have but dont you think its weird when people just expect you to have an opinion that conforms with the norm? I think it was middle school where I was ask who my hero outside of my parents was. Everyone else was giving the typical answers, you can think of names to fit in here, when it was my turn I said JAY-Z. I thought nothing of it cause the guy was my hero, still is, but yet when I said it I got the staredown from my classmates and my teacher just had a look of contempt on her face.

zmjfv8.gif

But serioubsly, Hova? 
nerd.gif

It's his popularity. When you said conform to the norm, I thought you were onto something ahead of other people, I didn't realize you just loved something very, very, very popular, a lot more than most people. If anything I'd say you conform more than most people on that one thing, because even they'd experienced dude's music, but didn't find the...devotion...that you did in it? 
laugh.gif

I dont think so, when someone says "hero" his name wouldnt be a name that typically comes out. Favorite musician? Yeah, I dont think most would take it past that though. I was like 7 though I knew nothing about this popularity, I just came to America from Jamaica and my mom and uncle put me on. The first rap album I ever heard was Its Dark and Hell Is Hot and my uncle gave me Hard Knock Life on cassette and said I would like it cause JAY-Z was just like DMX. It was just something that happened

eek.gif
That AI Clip

Last edited:
zmjfv8.gif

But serioubsly, Hova?
nerd.gif

It's his popularity. When you said conform to the norm, I thought you were onto something ahead of other people, I didn't realize you just loved something very, very, very popular, a lot more than most people. If anything I'd say you conform more than most people on that one thing, because even they'd experienced dude's music, but didn't find the...devotion...that you did in it?
laugh.gif

You say that because you probably came in on Jay-z on album 5. Contrary to popular belief dude was not always popular.

Back
Top Bottom