the thread about nothing...

Finals got me like..

XLpSLPw.jpg

I'm southwest Asian.:D

far west
Africa
America
I'm black

Well TAN fan your boy is back to broke and i am not even mad. I finally decided it was more financially responsible to knock out one of my college loans then to sit on the cash. So yesterday i put 19k on my college debt. It has been really hard grinding to make more money at work while saving as much as i can while still paying $1100 a month in college loan payments. But I am about half way there and it isn't getting any easier, but i have a plan to hopefully be debt free in 6 years.

The day it is paid off i know i will feel like a new person. I have been lucky enough to not carry substantial credit card debt. My corolla is paid off and I don't have a mortgage yet so the only debt to my name is college loans. I will be a free man in 6 years (ya know unless i have a kid, buy a house, do real life things....since i will be 33 years old by then but i can hope)

Super mario world :pimp:

How much is the interest rates on the student loans? jking0821 jking0821

10% and 9.25% right now.

I am in the process of trying to apply for an independent loan at a lower interest rate. Sallie Mae stays jacking up my interest rates. I have had them at 4.75% and 5% for the last year. But they jumped back up to 9-10 for this coming year.

Dude you should totally refinance those. Try out Sofi if your credit is great and you have a high income. There's several companies out there who specialize in this thing. Refinancing my loans was extremely beneficial to me.
http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/co...nt-grads/refinancing-a-student-loan1091646352

http://www.magnifymoney.com/compare/student-loan

Check those links out.

19k on the loans props man you're crushing it.

really appreciate it fam. I actually looked into Lendkey last year before i went through the rate reduction plan for sallie mae. They said they could lock me in at 7% or give me a variable at 4.95%. Which is really good but at the time i had lower interest with sallie mae. I will be reapplying this year to see what i can get now that the principle is even lower.

Damn that's a beating.

I'm happy i don't have any student debt. School is way cheaper here so i could manage. I def pay it back in taxes though
laugh.gif
Word. Taxes here are very high.

It allows a lot more people to afford good education though so I'm fine with it.

When I was in nursing school I paid like $200 for a full semester.

A year in College or University is like $600-1000 I believe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom