The South Unappreciation

Nothing but pure ignorance in this thread. Once yall start living outside of your sheltered life, then let me know.

ya reading but ya not payin attention....

miami is comprable to NYC NOT just of south beach....

ya got Haitians, Dominicans, puertoricans, Dominicans, Cubans...its a big gumbo of culture under one city.

what do you think NYC is?

laugh.gif

im 100% confident that if NYC as a whole city was uprooted and placed near da equator it would be what miami is now.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by eight2one

south doesnt have much to offer towards the advancement of society.
REALLY?????????????
where are the space shuttles launched?
my dude take a tour of Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama and then tell me we have nothing to offer.
and Houston is the heart of the space program

sick.gif
eww Alabama...........I rather be in Ohio

Huntsville??? I rather be in Columbus.....i dont even know or care what redstone aresnal is
grin.gif

lol who cares about the space program??? Lets try accomplishing something on planet earth first.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

south doesnt have much to offer towards the advancement of society.
REALLY?????????????
where are the space shuttles launched?
my dude take a tour of Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama and then tell me we have nothing to offer.
and Houston is the heart of the space program

sick.gif
eww Alabama...........I rather be in Ohio

Huntsville??? I rather be in Columbus.....i dont even know or care what redstone aresnal is
grin.gif

lol who cares about the space program??? Lets try accomplishing something on planet earth first.

skip to about 1:20
laugh.gif

I could not agree with the OP any more. The south is whack, ya'll so late on everything, ya'll don't speak english, sounds like you were raised inswamps. You drive big, old ridiculous cars painted some stupid color(no shots @ cam nelson)..the list goes on...oh and the music sucks too.

I know i must be soundin like a broken record but when the East West and Mid West had all the shine the Dirty showed so much love even thou yall was differentbut now we on top and all we get is hate. so i know yall dont understand us but i think the hate is a lil unwarrented when we just sharing our culture withyall. But i guess we'll have to wipe our tears wit the money that your girl uses to buy our CD's and the money u spend to fly down here and trick offon our gurls
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mdresident

I could not agree with the OP any more. The south is whack, ya'll so late on everything, ya'll don't speak english, sounds like you were raised in swamps. You drive big, old ridiculous cars painted some stupid color(no shots @ cam nelson)..the list goes on...oh and the music sucks too.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
yea and gogo is better huh?

bruh you are from Maryland...besides the good side of PG County

MD the black boot of the EC, and AIDS captial of the USA so your thoughts dont matter.

Originally Posted by Put em up

I could not agree with the OP any more. The south is whack, ya'll so late on everything, ya'll don't speak english, sounds like you were raised in swamps. You drive big, old ridiculous cars painted some stupid color(no shots @ cam nelson)..the list goes on...oh and the music sucks too.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

bruh you are from Maryland...the black boot of the EC, and AIDS captial of the USA so your thoughts dont matter.

You're kidding right?DMV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anywherein the south. I think that's just a well known fact.

Since you want to discredit NASA....

Houston is recognized worldwide for its energy industry-particularly for oil and natural gas-as well as for biomedical research and aeronautics. Renewable energy sources-wind and solar-are also becoming populareconomic bases in Houston.[sup][76][/sup][sup][77][/sup] The ship channel is also a large part of Houston'seconomic base. Because of these strengths, Houston is designated as a beta worldcity by the Globalization and World Cities Study Group and Network.[sup][6][/sup]

Five of the six supermajor energy companies maintain a large base of operations inHouston (international headquarters of ConocoPhillips; US operationalheadquarters of Exxon-Mobil; US headquarters for internationalcompanies Shell Oil (US subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell located in The Hague,Netherlands), and BP whose international headquarters are in London, England). Specifically, theheadquarters of Shell Oil Company, the US affiliate of Royal DutchShell, is located at One Shell Plaza. While ExxonMobil maintains its small, global headquarters in Irving, Texas, its upstream and chemical divisions as well as most operational divisions, are located in Houston. Chevron has offices in Houston, having acquired a 40 story building intendedto be the headquarters of Enron.[sup][78][/sup] The company's Chevron Pipe Line Company subsidiary isheadquartered in Houston, and more divisions are being consolidated and moved to Houston each year.[sup][79][/sup] Houston is headquarters for the Marathon Oil Corporation, Apache Corporation, and Citgo and alternative energy companies such as HorizonWind Energy.[sup][80][/sup]
Greater Houston is a leading center for building oilfieldequipment

=======================

- The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex as a whole has one of the largest concentration of corporate headquarters in the United States. The city of Dallas has 12Fortune 500 companies, the 3rd most in the United States while DFW as a whole has 25

======================

- Austin is considered to be a major center for hightechnology.[sup][39][/sup] The metro area is the headquarters of twoFortune 500 companies: Dell and Whole Foods Market.[sup][11][/sup] Thousands of graduates each year from the engineering andcomputer science programs at The University of Texasat Austin provide a steady source of employees that help to fuel Austin's technology and defense industry sectors. The metro Austin area has much lowerhousing costs than Silicon Valley, but much higher housing costs than manyparts of rural Texas. As a result of the high concentration of high-tech companies in the region, Austin was strongly affected by the dot-com boom in the late 1990s and subsequent bust.[sup][39][/sup] Austin's largest employers include theAustin Independent School District, the City of Austin, Dell, the United States Federal Government, Freescale Semiconductor (spun off from Motorola in 2004), IBM, St. David'sHealthcare Partnership, Seton Healthcare Network, the State of Texas, Texas State University-San Marcos, and the University of Texas at Austin, The University of Texas.[sup][39][/sup] Other high-tech companies with operations inAustin include 3M Company, Apple Inc., Hewlett-Packard, Google, AMD, Applied Materials, Cirrus Logic, Cisco, eBay/PayPal, Hoover's, Inc., Intel, National Instruments, Samsung, SiliconLaboratories, Sun Microsystems and United Devices. The proliferation of technology companies has led to the region'snickname, "the Silicon Hills," and spurred development that greatly expanded the city.

- As Austin's official slogan is The Live Music Capital of the World, the city has a vibrant live music scene with more music venues per capita than any other U.S. city.

===============================

- Atlanta is one of eight U.S. cities classified as a "beta world city" bya 2008 study at Loughborough University,[sup][80][/sup] and ranks third in thenumber of Fortune 500 companies headquartered within city boundaries, behindNew York City and Houston.[sup][81][/sup] Several major national and international companies areheadquartered in Atlanta or its nearby suburbs, including three Fortune 100 companies: The Coca-Cola Company,Home Depot, and United Parcel Service in adjacent Sandy Springs. The headquarters of AT&T Mobility (formerly Cingular Wireless), the second largest mobile phone service provider in the United States, is located near Lenox Mall.[sup][82][/sup]Newell Rubbermaid is one of the most recent companies to relocate to the metro area; in October 2006, it announced plans to moveits headquarters to Sandy Springs.[sup][83][/sup] Other headquarters for some major companies in Atlanta andaround the metro area include Arby's, Chick-fil-A, Earthlink, Equifax, Gentiva Health Services, Georgia-Pacific, Oxford Industries, Southern Company, SunTrust Banks, Mirant, and Waffle House. In early June 2009, NCR Corporation announced that they will relocated its headquarters to the nearbysuburb of Duluth, Georgia.[sup][84][/sup] Over 75% of the Fortune 1000 companies have a presence in the Atlanta area, and the region hosts officesof about 1,250 multinational corporations. As of 2006 Atlanta Metropolitan Area ranks as the 10th largest cybercity(high-tech center) in the US, with 126,700high-tech jobs

===============================

Miami is one of the country's most important financial centers. It is a major center of commerce, finances, corporate headquarters, and boasts a stronginternational business community. According to the ranking of world cities undertaken by the Globalization and World Cities Study Group & Network (GaWC)and based on the level of presence of global corporate service organizations, Miami is considered a "beta world city".[sup]

Shall I continue??? or do you want to continue to be ignorant?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami,_FL#cite_note-GAWC-6
[/sup]

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

bruh you are from Maryland...besides the good side of PG County

MD the black boot of the EC, and AIDS captial of the USA so your thoughts dont matter.
From Wiki Answers
[table][tr][td]
qbar_q.gif
[/td] [td] [h1]What is maryland known for?[/h1]
In: History Politics and Society [Edit categories]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
rc_gray1.gif
rc_gray1b.gif

[Edit]
abar_a.gif

[h2]Answer[/h2]
Crabs

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You seriously trying to talk down on the South when halfy'all women are infested with crustaceans below the waist.
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

bruh you are from Maryland...the black boot of the EC, and AIDS captial of the USA so your thoughts dont matter.

You're kidding right? DMV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anywhere in the south. I think that's just a well known fact.

did you miss the part where i said the AIDS captial of the USA?

and really i can name a cool 5 cities better then the MD and NorVa area.

-ATL
-Miami
-Houston
-Charlotte
-Raleigh/Durham
-Dallas

I know the DMV area very well, and the older i got. The more i realized of trash that place is besides the good parts of DC.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

you guys don't think you're a lil old to be arguin about where you live every week?
Most of the guys on here are boys or grown boys. This is not the best place to look for men
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

you guys don't think you're a lil old to be arguin about where you live every week?
you know what you right. this is pointless.

people are going to rep where they're from reguardless.

I'm from the Midwest and like it better than the South but to discredit an entire region because of a few thinks is just ridiculous. Each region makes theUS unique and wouldn't be the same with each and every one.

Peace, Love, and Souuuuuuuuul
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom