The South Unappreciation

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

jm2000:
Southern Hospitality >>> The rudeness up north
I was born and raised out west, so when I moved out to this part of the country, I couldn't care less who was more rude or hospitable than who.

But moving out here after being born and raised in Southern California, I've lived in TN, OH, KY, WV, and spent quite a bit of time in IN.

It didn't take me long to see that the southern hospitality thing was a flat out myth. Y'all are hospitable to your own kind, and that's it. Let someone move in from up north or out west, and you'd just as soon spit on their grave for no good reason other than knowing they were an outsider.

southern pride FTL

southern politics FTL

southern stubbornness FTL

southern loyalty FTL

Oh, and the Bible belt is a myth, too. I've certainly met my share of southern people giving the appearance of having a certain loyalty to Christ, but meeting a Southerner living the lifestyle associated with being a devoted follower of Christ? In almost 10 years of being out here, I've met 4. I've been closely associated with the church the entire time I've been out here, but I've only met 4 people that really personify the religion they are following. Everyone else is more concerned with giving the appearance of living the lifestyle than they are actually living the lifestyle.

And anyone getting ready to put me on blast, consider this: you're probably getting ready to provide evidence to my initial point, which is that y'all aren't as hospitable and congenial as the myth gives you credit for.

Everything that you stated is opinion only... simply because YOU haven't many devout Christians that means plenty don't exist in the South?
and Im assuming that a couple people in the South didn't show you love so now we are ONLY hospitable to others from the South?
Is that really logical to you? Oh and I guess since I made this rebuttal im not hospitable huh?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

da number of NYers in miami probably outnumber native residence so shhhhhhhh

that don't mean +**%....u gonna sit there and tell me that NYC is an extension of the DR and PR because a lot of those cats live up there? Florida = south...no matter how much u try to skew it.

please elaborate on what a "southern acting city" is.....

Originally Posted by DJisMe3

in all realness...most of yall are buggin

there aint no need to down where someone is from just cause you may not like it...

people love the south, and people love up north and its pretty much impossible to prove which is better since both have pros and cons, so just stop it

and im from the south....

QFT......at least someone has some sense in here

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by edwardkingjr

Oh, and the Bible belt is a myth, too. I've certainly met my share of southern people giving the appearance of having a certain loyalty to Christ, but meeting a Southerner living the lifestyle associated with being a devoted follower of Christ? In almost 10 years of being out here, I've met 4. I've been closely associated with the church the entire time I've been out here, but I've only met 4 people that really personify the religion they are following. Everyone else is more concerned with giving the appearance of living the lifestyle than they are actually living the lifestyle.

and i truly do agree with this statement. even at the christian school i went too the teachers were worse than the students.
i know that know one is perfect, but you can't call yourself a follower of Christ and still continue to do some of the things that they do

WHOA
eek.gif
now we talking bout two diffrent things we go from rap music and style to religion in one huge jump.............please clarify your statement are you saying that the north has better religous followers?
wasn't saying any region has better religious followers.
should of worded it better, but i was just stating my experiences at that school. not everyone is like that. i've been at the same church since i was born and i choose to continue to go there because of such a God fearing pastor and congregation.

you know what my dude (i dont mean to get too off topic) but as someone who grew up in the church we where taught that the world is "wicked" and weas believers will be far outnumbered so i cant believe that religon in the south is more fikle than other regions. But i do believe you experiences have ledyou to met more "pretenders"

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

da number of NYers in miami probably outnumber native residence so shhhhhhhh

that don't mean +**%....u gonna sit there and tell me that NYC is an extension of the DR and PR because a lot of those cats live up there? Florida = south...no matter how much u try to skew it.
lolz as far as anything above 155th street in manhattan and da BX yeah it is.

[h2]Resolved Question[/h2]Show me another »
[h1]Which cities and towns in the US have significant Dominican populations?[/h1]
I know Washington Heights in NYC and some areas of Boston, but where else?
  • 2 weeks ago
Report Abuse

by Bebe
topcontrib.gif

Member since: May 16, 2007 Total points: 13496 (Level 6) Badge Image:
topcontrib_id.gif
Contributing In: Puerto Rico
[h2]Best Answer - Chosen by Voters[/h2]
http://www.columbia.edu/~flr9/Dominicans...

This article tells alot. This actually says that in NYC, the largest Dominican population is in Manhattan, followed by the Bronx. Which seems strange since Brooklyn is known for having alot of Dominicans. But I think it's just that the Dominican's in Brooklyn are concentrated to Washington Heights. In Manhattan & the Bx they are probably spread out more. But then again maybe BK's population increased alot since 2000.

"The state of New York was host to
617,901 Dominicans in 2000; followed by New
Jersey, with 136,529; Florida, with 98,410;
Massachusetts, with 69,502; Rhode Island, with
24,588; Pennsylvania (13,667); and Connecticut
(12,830)"

In NJ the DR population is high in Jersey city & Paterson. In Florida, it's Miami. I live in Philadelphia in a mostly puerto rican neighborhood, but in the last few years the dominican population increased alot. I think that number from 2000 is way less than now. Now on every corner there's a dominican owned bodega or barber/beauty shop. So I think it will continue to grow. (not just in Philly, but in all these other areas outside of NYC too)
  • 2 weeks ago
100% 2 Votes

There are currently no comments for this question.

* You must be logged into Answers to add comments. Sign in or Register.

[h3]Other Answers (4)[/h3]
Show: All Answers Oldest to Newest Newest to Oldest Rated Highest to Lowest

by jayzelle... Member since: March 07, 2009 Total points: 147 (Level 1)
Just like the previous answer by Bebe, NY has the biggest Dominican population outside the DR....there's also in Miami, but as everybody knows Miami is home to a lot of Cubans. Hope this answers your question a bit!
  • 2 weeks ago

so like i said when NYCers plague miami its really not a southern acting city at all.....

I see the New York public school system has left another child behind....let me break this down as simply as I can...

Florida = South

NY'ers who go to Florida or even LIVE in Flordia are inhabiting a southern state. They can act as "gully" as they want, but at the end of theday they are STILL in the south.

Your "stats" don't mean $*!+ either....are you honestly sitting there telling me that if you're living somewhere off of Malcolm X Boulevardand you're of Dominican or PR descent, you're gonna claim you CURRENTLY live in San Pedro or San Juan? C'mon now
smh.gif

As a dude who lives in California, I love the South.

Give me waffle house and sweet tea over In N Out any day..

lol. im born and raised in the bronx but alll of my family is from south carolina. the part they live has its ups and downs i mean its boring and quiet attimes but that is what i need at times when i get tired of the hustle and bustle of NY. and i wont sit and knock anything that i havent tried i would love tovisit ATL and see what all the fuss is about. bottom line different strokes for different folks what you may hate the next man might love.

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Well, Southern women > all other women.

Nahhh. Ive seen better snowbunnys down here than I would see up north but when it comes to Latinas or redbone or anything like that.. North >>
Some southern broads be trashy.......

Fantastic4our:
we love you too ska
wink.gif
*hugs*
laugh.gif

Your sig has VA in it, though. That's not 'the south' is it? People consider that the south?

to people up north we're "the south" and to people down south we're "the north." technically we would be "thesouth" being south of the mason-dixon line (Richmond, VA was capital of the confederacy). but whatever....

these threads are stupid anyway. no one ever finishes reading them and is like "you know what? I was wrong all along, maybe the south isn't thatbad...."

is there a really an argument about Miami, Florida, the southernmost state of the continental United States being apart of the south? really?
tired.gif

Ohh.. And alot of the dudes who try to rep North down south are lames...them kinda dudes who only lived up north for a couple months or when they werebabys,etc.. But then moved down here and all that garbage.......

and i truly do agree with this statement. even at the christian school i went too the teachers were worse than the students.
i know that know one is perfect, but you can't call yourself a follower of Christ and still continue to do some of the things that they do

WHOA
eek.gif
now we talking bout two diffrent things we go from rap music and style to religion in one huge jump.............please clarify your statement are you saying that the north has better religous followers?
wasn't saying any region has better religious followers.
should of worded it better, but i was just stating my experiences at that school. not everyone is like that. i've been at the same church since i was born and i choose to continue to go there because of such a God fearing pastor and congregation.

you know what my dude (i dont mean to get too off topic) but as someone who grew up in the church we where taught that the world is "wicked" and we as believers will be far outnumbered so i cant believe that religon in the south is more fikle than other regions. But i do believe you experiences have led you to met more "pretenders"
word. it's just that the way some carry themselves and still call themselves Christians is just unbelievable and I know it's everywhereand not just in the south.
***LOL just noticed i put "know one" earlier instead of "no one" anyway I'm done with this thread. my mom is yelling at me to go takeout the trash
mad.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

As a dude who lives in California, I love the South.

Give me waffle house and sweet tea over In N Out any day..
blasphemy, in-n-out is the best ever

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

If you've been to Florida, you know the women down here in the South are the best. Hands down.
miami ain't da south and they don't claim ya
laugh.gif

da south is da marshalls of society...everything you thought died away years ago in NYC still runs rampant down there
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by fiendxxx

Ohh.. And most alot of the dudes who try to rep North down south are lames...them kinda dudes who only lived up north for a couple months or when they were babys,etc.. But then moved down here and all that garbage.......

Fixed. and your exactly right...

Im from NY and I think regional disputes are stupid. They all have there own unique things that make them all great.

Back
Top Bottom