THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by DAR228

I Know That Most Of Ya Might Think That I'm Crazy But I'll Take The Dunkman 7's Over Any Of The 8's, Even Over The South Beaches.

I agree with you.
Agree with all this Dunk Man VII's are better then any lebron 8 release.  Red Carpets, CTK's, Akron's, SVSM's all were great.  I think the colorways of the 8s were actually the worst because of the Version concept.  You have basically a black colorway a white/red colorway of every version of the shoe.  The only stand alone colorways are SB's, Christmas, Summits, and Dunk Mans, (and those ugly all blue V3s lol).  But seeing the same colorway on all versions i kind of felt like i was being ripped off because i wasn't seeing new colorways any more. 

I was going to say something similar. We had different colors of the 8s(south beach, christmas, entourage, all star, SLH, dunkman, blue v3, sprite) but maybe it just didn't FEEL like we did because they were spread out across 3 versions of one shoe. Personally I loved the v1 but the v2 is what I went crazy for because that's where the better colors were to me. Others I know only liked the v1/v2 only and were robbed from EVERY color because they were different shoes. I guess I say that to say we received an ok variety of colors, but at the same time we got robbed or pushed into buying different shoes to get the colors we wanted. AND because of those versions being different it made it acceptable to release a home/away based colorway in each version which robbed us again(I mean seriously, for the v1 only the SB and Vets weren't red/white/black, really?) but they pulled it off by releasing more colors of the v2 in different colors(but they were able to release another home v2 and the "black/white" away pair with them, taking away 2 more pairs we could've gotten.

and FTR, I would probably trade THE OPPORTUNITY to get any of my 8s for a pair of dunkman 7s or CTK 7s(I wouldn't actually trade them at this point, I would just buy the 7s and keep my 8s
laugh.gif
just if they were both on the shelf at the same time I would've went for those 7s)
Dunkman, Red Carpet, CTK, Akron, All Star, grey/orange(hell, the entire grey pack), black/white/gold, MTAG, even the christmas days weren't bad. Oh well though, I'm still happy with my 8s and that's that.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by DAR228

I Know That Most Of Ya Might Think That I'm Crazy But I'll Take The Dunkman 7's Over Any Of The 8's, Even Over The South Beaches.

I agree with you.
Agree with all this Dunk Man VII's are better then any lebron 8 release.  Red Carpets, CTK's, Akron's, SVSM's all were great.  I think the colorways of the 8s were actually the worst because of the Version concept.  You have basically a black colorway a white/red colorway of every version of the shoe.  The only stand alone colorways are SB's, Christmas, Summits, and Dunk Mans, (and those ugly all blue V3s lol).  But seeing the same colorway on all versions i kind of felt like i was being ripped off because i wasn't seeing new colorways any more. 

I was going to say something similar. We had different colors of the 8s(south beach, christmas, entourage, all star, SLH, dunkman, blue v3, sprite) but maybe it just didn't FEEL like we did because they were spread out across 3 versions of one shoe. Personally I loved the v1 but the v2 is what I went crazy for because that's where the better colors were to me. Others I know only liked the v1/v2 only and were robbed from EVERY color because they were different shoes. I guess I say that to say we received an ok variety of colors, but at the same time we got robbed or pushed into buying different shoes to get the colors we wanted. AND because of those versions being different it made it acceptable to release a home/away based colorway in each version which robbed us again(I mean seriously, for the v1 only the SB and Vets weren't red/white/black, really?) but they pulled it off by releasing more colors of the v2 in different colors(but they were able to release another home v2 and the "black/white" away pair with them, taking away 2 more pairs we could've gotten.

and FTR, I would probably trade THE OPPORTUNITY to get any of my 8s for a pair of dunkman 7s or CTK 7s(I wouldn't actually trade them at this point, I would just buy the 7s and keep my 8s
laugh.gif
just if they were both on the shelf at the same time I would've went for those 7s)
Dunkman, Red Carpet, CTK, Akron, All Star, grey/orange(hell, the entire grey pack), black/white/gold, MTAG, even the christmas days weren't bad. Oh well though, I'm still happy with my 8s and that's that.

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

sooo, anyone know how hard it would be to exchange a pair of shoes @ champs without that barcode sticker they use? I think they still have the dunkmans and I'm thinking I'll exchange my white home v3s I got for a pair of dunkmans if I can. I figure it shouldn't be a big deal at all, I wouldn't mind having a pair of dunkmans for the $100 I got the home v3s for, I can always get those down the line again. Anyone have any experience with this?

and...so still nothing on the finals v3 that's supposedly going to release? The further from the finals loss we get the less relevant these get. Oh well though
With normal return policies it shouldn't be hard. I have done an exchange at Footaction with a shoe that I bought at Niketown and it worked out fine. But it still depends on the store, because other people have been able to get store credit when returning a pair of shoes without a receipt but at the stores I went to, only an exchange was allowed. But according to some, it is considered return fraud if you bought the shoes somewhere else at a lower price and return it for full price. They do require an ID for returns to enter your information to keep in the system. 

sooo, anyone know how hard it would be to exchange a pair of shoes @ champs without that barcode sticker they use? I think they still have the dunkmans and I'm thinking I'll exchange my white home v3s I got for a pair of dunkmans if I can. I figure it shouldn't be a big deal at all, I wouldn't mind having a pair of dunkmans for the $100 I got the home v3s for, I can always get those down the line again. Anyone have any experience with this?

and...so still nothing on the finals v3 that's supposedly going to release? The further from the finals loss we get the less relevant these get. Oh well though
With normal return policies it shouldn't be hard. I have done an exchange at Footaction with a shoe that I bought at Niketown and it worked out fine. But it still depends on the store, because other people have been able to get store credit when returning a pair of shoes without a receipt but at the stores I went to, only an exchange was allowed. But according to some, it is considered return fraud if you bought the shoes somewhere else at a lower price and return it for full price. They do require an ID for returns to enter your information to keep in the system. 

Originally Posted by myselfonline

Ok cool, I figured it wouldn't be a big deal but I couldn't remember all the detail on those little stickers and I thought about it at work. That I guess is frowned upon and I do feel kinda bad about doing it(and would feel wayyy worse if I found out somehow that my 10.5 ended up as the only pair they RTV'd if it came to that) but I do plan on getting the white v3s again and I'll make sure to get them at champs lol.

Originally Posted by myselfonline

Ok cool, I figured it wouldn't be a big deal but I couldn't remember all the detail on those little stickers and I thought about it at work. That I guess is frowned upon and I do feel kinda bad about doing it(and would feel wayyy worse if I found out somehow that my 10.5 ended up as the only pair they RTV'd if it came to that) but I do plan on getting the white v3s again and I'll make sure to get them at champs lol.

Ed.... I'd def. rather have the Navys as a high my man... but those PS Sprites in a V1 were like whoa....

Im a proponent to whoever will listen now about the V1s and its funny cuz I still dont like many other colors other than the All Blacks...

The V2's were my fav but I rarely wear any of them cuz the All Blacks just call my feet lolol

Ed.... I'd def. rather have the Navys as a high my man... but those PS Sprites in a V1 were like whoa....

Im a proponent to whoever will listen now about the V1s and its funny cuz I still dont like many other colors other than the All Blacks...

The V2's were my fav but I rarely wear any of them cuz the All Blacks just call my feet lolol

Originally Posted by shake707

Lebron aint never gonna get that ring til he quits talkin reckless, #karma
Wait what?! 
laugh.gif

My man sit down.  The media got you to huh
grin.gif

Dude gets criticized and nitpicked for ANYTHING.

People asking him insulting questions, and you gonna sit there and be all cool about it?

the MAN is HUMAN.

Till this day, nobody in the East can stop Miami so they are going right back to the finals 
laugh.gif

Wait what?! 
laugh.gif

My man sit down.  The media got you to huh
grin.gif

Dude gets criticized and nitpicked for ANYTHING.

People asking him insulting questions, and you gonna sit there and be all cool about it?

the MAN is HUMAN.

Till this day, nobody in the East can stop Miami so they are going right back to the finals 
laugh.gif

Finally got the laces in for my Lebrons..they are definetly very long..and i think the color is slightly off...If i can get a better pair i will, if not i wont sweat it

Finally got the laces in for my Lebrons..they are definetly very long..and i think the color is slightly off...If i can get a better pair i will, if not i wont sweat it

Shut the hell up and take that sports talk to the SPORTS THREAD!!! 
f1e267465d544fa048900a1d5b2d12f929f4476e_r.gif

AND TAKE THAT TWITTER TALK WITH YOU TOO!!!

Back
Top Bottom