The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I never even HEARD of it until today..........

I knew about Sony and Nintendos botched collab but I would of just never thought it would end up selling for 75 bucks at an auction.

Granted it was sold in 2009, before retro gaming/collecting got fully pimped out.

Im sure he could sell it for a pretty penny in todays market.

:lol: literally printed it on semi gloss stock paper, cut it with a scissor and glued it. Though sticker paper would prob be better.

Get the label from here and throw it in Microsoft word, it should be actual size when you print it out. Make sure you adjust the contrast if needed
http://n64gamemaintenance.weebly.com/game-label-images.html

Tons of labels for other systems here too:
http://www.thecoverproject.net/

A how to guide for cleaning it beforehand: http://www.instructables.com/id/Nintendo-64-Game-Maintenance-Label-Fix/

Awesome, thanks. Maybe I wont worry so much about label conditions now when purchasing cartridges.

How have I not seen this thread before? I just spent all morning catching up from page one :rofl: :smh:

I should have kept my NES and SNES classics instead of gifting them. I got the OG consoles but builtin in games and wireless controllers (3rd party) are much less cumbersome.

Launchbox + Wavebird is a great combo.

Can play Power Stone with my favorite controller.

200.gif

The Nintendo Playstation is quite interesting reminds me of the JVC X'Eye unit that combined both the Genesis/MD cartridge and CD drive into a single unit. Key difference was that JVC made money of the hardware only while Sony wanted a cut of the CD software sales on top of the hardware.

How have I not seen this thread before? I just spent all morning catching up from page one :rofl: :smh:

I should have kept my NES and SNES classics instead of gifting them. I got the OG consoles but builtin in games and wireless controllers (3rd party) are much less cumbersome.

If you're willing to do some research into RGB video output as well investing in an upscaler, you can't beat the experience of playing on the original hardware.

My man Metal Jesus, one of the best retro youtube dudes.

HCG, Gamechasers, Game Sack, Norm the Gaming Historian some other favorites.

Youre right, theres a lot of cool accessories ,attachments, games. Pretty neat to me.

Stuff before my time like the Starpath Supercharger amaze me, cassette player attachment for the Atari. Plugs in via AUX and boosts the Atari's RAM almost 50x.

My man Metal Jesus, one of the best retro youtube dudes.

HCG, Gamechasers, Game Sack, Norm the Gaming Historian some other favorites.

Youre right, theres a lot of cool accessories ,attachments, games. Pretty neat to me.

Stuff before my time like the Starpath Supercharger amaze me, cassette player attachment for the Atari. Plugs in via AUX and boosts the Atari's RAM almost 50x.

Keep getting outbid on the bay for games i want. Sometimes the bidding goes higher than buy it now listings for the same game.

Makes me think theres a lot of tomfoolery going on (bid rigging). Much more competition compared to kicks :smh:

Last edited:
Lol probably I don’t think I’ve won an auction ever on games or even shoes but I’m cheap. what are the games just curious ? 64?

Newly listed/buy it now for the deals and steals, refresh constantly. Check out pricecharting.com to see what game sells for averagely

If you have patience you can find what your looking for at a decent price at least that has been my experience.

I usually check “sold”’/“completed” listings in most recent order on eBay before I buy anything. Sometimes people will list buy it now for a low price and it gets eaten quick however.

prices will vary depending on the condition of the game, if there’s original box/case/manual included, if it’s an original version or greatest hits, you may even see some reproduction carts that go for the low, etc.

But if you’re already knowledgeable and just saying there might be some bid rigging, yea idk could be that the game is in excellent condition or something. I saw a boxed copy of Final Fantasy 6 (3 in US) go for 100+ and some listings are lower. Another thing is that sometimes you are in the heat of the moment and just trying to win the damn thing :lol:, like gambling

Last edited:
Keep getting outbid on the bay for games i want. Sometimes the bidding goes higher than buy it now listings for the same game.

Makes me think theres a lot of tomfoolery going on (bid rigging). Much more competition compared to kicks :smh:

Shill bidding is rampant. Some sellers do that kinda 'ish. I've been burned once or twice before. The sneaky ones look at your buying habits and get their homies to push up the auction for a few minutes leading up to the end of it.

Trick is to set a max and if it's no longer the max, wait till the last 5 seconds to put another offer that's only slightly higher than the new max.

On the two occasions I got burned I needlessly got carried away and kept going toe to toe with the other 'bidder'.

Awesome, thanks. Maybe I wont worry so much about label conditions now when purchasing cartridges.

Not sure what the selection is like but i went on ebay and purchased labels for Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros. 64 on ebay for like $5 each.
They are almost exactly like the actual label that comes on the cartridge, you might want to check them out.

here is a link to an example of what i got.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Part...977011?hash=item2aa93d0d33:g:c2AAAOSwKOJa-4iJ

you can even get the back label
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-6...979792?hash=item2cd01ad290:g:8ocAAOSwu-Jal3dh

Back
Top Bottom