The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Picked up this PS2 off Letgo after class the other night. Guy offered to lower it from 20 to 15, but when we met up he was like he wasn’t sure if it worked b/c it’s been in his garage so he just let me have it. Pretty happy. Never had one of these things but my bro did. can’t wait to cop some dope RPGs I missed out on. Retro garage station work in progress lol

2AA3669E-4E9F-4F31-974B-7CE34A10ED02.jpeg

PS2 had a cool *** design.

I remember not getting it for Xmas the year that it dropped and crying for like 2 hours :lol:.

I loved the PS2. First system to play online with.

SOCOM II, III, and MVP Baseball were the only games I had lol.

PS2 had a cool *** design.

I remember not getting it for Xmas the year that it dropped and crying for like 2 hours :lol:.

:lol::lol: but I feel you, was the same experience for me with the Sega Genesis.

I didn't get the PS2 until '02 because the PS1 was still decent and we had lots of games for it.

I never did end up getting a PS2 either :lol:. Had N64 until I got the OG Xbox for Xmas when it released, and then got Gamecube a few months later in March for my birthday :pimp:.

PS2 is the GOAT system.

The library of games :pimp:

I remember getting it day one and being offered $600 for it.

Got it with and extra controller and madden.

Turned the offer down.

(Being young and dumb) got fleeced for $400 trying to get a Ps2 at launch. Was overseas at the time and only JP versions around. Tried to get U.S version off of Ebay and the auctions were out of control ($500-$600). A "seller" told me to send him $400 through paypal and he'd send me a Ps4, I didnt know any better so went a did it. This was before Ebay and Paypal caught onto scammers and would give you your money back if it wasn't shipped, so needless to say I didn't get the PS4 (store bought) till around 3 months later when it was finally available on amazon.

Didn't get my PS2 til 06.

Same........I actually never owned a console after the N64 before 06, where I got the PS2 and eventually a Wii (which was heavily used by my "non-gaming" family members).

Str8 up PC gaming during those days, so I never bothered to PS2 game (or Gamecube game) during that generation

I regret selling my 1st Gamecube smh Can't believe the Gameboy player is worth a lot nowadays.

Is it now? I've been thinking about unloading a bunch of my retro collection. I have my Ogre Battle 64 on ebay right now currently at $70 with a day left, already bought the digital version for the Wii U for $10 which is going to look much better on any modern TV anyway. I have a platinum GameCube and 3 wavebirds, with a GBA player. I kkinda want to keep it but it's been sitting here unplugged for years so I think I should just let it go. I really have no more room for my new stuff.

(Being young and dumb) got fleeced for $400 trying to get a Ps2 at launch. Was overseas at the time and only JP versions around. Tried to get U.S version off of Ebay and the auctions were out of control ($500-$600). A "seller" told me to send him $400 through paypal and he'd send me a Ps4, I didnt know any better so went a did it. This was before Ebay and Paypal caught onto scammers and would give you your money back if it wasn't shipped, so needless to say I didn't get the PS4 (store bought) till around 3 months later when it was finally available on amazon.

Cot dam MalcolmNewton MalcolmNewton , the biggest red flag to me was when playboy offered you a PS4 when you wanted a PS2. :lol:

Is it now? I've been thinking about unloading a bunch of my retro collection. I have my Ogre Battle 64 on ebay right now currently at $70 with a day left, already bought the digital version for the Wii U for $10 which is going to look much better on any modern TV anyway. I have a platinum GameCube and 3 wavebirds, with a GBA player. I kkinda want to keep it but it's been sitting here unplugged for years so I think I should just let it go. I really have no more room for my new stuff.
Gameboy player go about $70+

Gamecube **** in general is now expensive..........finding a copy of Smash Bros. Melee at a good price is like trying to find a UNDSed pair of 2011 Banned 1s (the real banned 1s)

Gamecube **** in general is now expensive..........finding a copy of Smash Bros. Melee at a good price is like trying to find a UNDSed pair of 2011 Banned 1s (the real banned 1s)

Keep checking your local thrift stores. I've bought most of my GameCube stuff from there for cheap. I'm talking $15 for GameCube with the gameboy adaptor. Games are usually $2 and even managed to find the gameboy CD as well. It's out there so you just have to be consistent with the search. Sometimes I'll go in, not find anything and come out with Alpha industries ma-1 jackets, og leather bomber jackets, Jordan retros and Sony PVM monitors.

I think with Smash Bros it's a certain version of the game that is worth more than others. If you don't care about the version differences try to find the 'Players Choice' version, should be slightly cheaper but again I don't think the AAA quality GameCube games are that cheap.

**** maybe I should trade some games for some shoes... haha, actually those take up more space so I guess I'll stick with cash. Ogre Battle 64 is over $100 with a couple of hours left. I bought my Wii U when Earthbound was announced, sold it for like $200, bought it digital for $10. After selling this game I basically paid for my Wii U Zelda LE just by selling 2 games I rebought for far less anyway. I love collecting LE stuff, but I am kinda glad that the media world is going digital because they are releasing far less physical LEs these days, which used to upset me, but now I realize I am saving a lot of money and space. I think it's about time to let me import Sega Saturn and Dreamcast collection go, I have almost every Capcom fighter for both systems and a lot of other grails like Dungeons and Dragons Collection that I have already rebought digitally. I can;t even play my imported Saturn games anymore anyway because my Action Replay burnt out the memory card slot.

Yeah the big name Gamecube titles are steadily rising.

Sold SSBM and a Gamecube controller for 110 not long ago.

I briefly started collecting retro but its just so expensive and there isnt anything in the wild in my area.

Got a Gamecube adapter and a wavebird hooked up to the PC with Launchbox and havent looked back.

Back
Top Bottom