The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I have a couple dead slim ps1s...red format screen, and some don’t show anything with the av cable or it’s mostly black screen :/ scrambled

I have a couple dead slim ps1s...red format screen, and some don’t show anything with the av cable or it’s mostly black screen :/ scrambled

I'm totally surprised because you say it's with a few Slim's specifically. I don't know what to believe then, I've heard that the og ps1 design had problems with the lasers due to age + diff. manufacturers.

7E5E7268-EB92-4846-8515-B8DC6F4CE74A.jpeg
Might just be my luck honestly, was trying to get a ps1 slim and get the screen with it eventually, but the ones I buy end up non working with those issues. But I have yet to get a dead og PlayStation. my og PlayStation I eventually had to play it upside down.

I get something similar to this but ps1 style lol. Idk why the photo posted on top.

I'm totally surprised because you say it's with a few Slim's specifically. I don't know what to believe then, I've heard that the og ps1 design had problems with the lasers due to age + diff. manufacturers.
I have issue with the controller and memory card ports.

Anyone used to get blisters on their thumbs from playing?

The OG N64 Controller analog stick is guilty of doing this to me back in the day............thank god Gamecube Controllers all the way to modern-day controllers finally decided to put some rubber cushioning on those analog sticks. Granted, you can still get blisters on the "more cushioned" analog sticks, but NOT AS BAD as when you were moving around that N64 stick.......LAWD.

Anyone used to get blisters on their thumbs from playing?

Wore out an XBOX controller performing UT's in Ninja Gaiden Black.
Had to constantly spin the thumbstick 360 degrees with lightning speed.
Had to have that World Class Elite karma score.

Game was a blessing and a curse. It would put you right into The Matrix if you were good enough.

Back
Top Bottom