The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

What white comedians y'all watching that says that word in their stand up?
8xwMC3g.png

It, and I cannot overstate this, REAAAALLLY bothers me. When there's a white comedian I like and I hear them utter that one little word, in a movie or a stand up or anything, at all:

-foe

just say “N word”..

we all know what “N word” you mean

no one is confusing it with any other word starting with N when you say “N word”

Tressie McMillan Cottom is a professor of sociology and UNC Chapell Hill though.

By reading her tweet seems she has an alternative take on the documentary, not just the joke.

I think it is a bit goofy to label a post she made and disagree with all these things just because you don't like it

oh this lady, i remember her from an ezra klein show episode.
well i think her take is wrong, I don't really care about her credentials.

and if it's not a clout chasing post, well then I guess she comes by her stupid take honestly.

This should have been obvious to anyone with an ounce of intelligence

but dudes up here will argue that Will was acting like a rationale 50 something year old man. :lol:

Some dude's must've never witnessed a man go through a breakup/his girlfriend cheating and become an emotional wreck.

Or they were that guy and thought the response was ok.

This should have been obvious to anyone with an ounce of intelligence

but dudes up here will argue that Will was acting like a rationale 50 something year old man. :lol:
I mean from the comments in this thread it's obvious there's a lot of dudes in here that would crash out over some cat so maybe they saw a little Will in themselves but like you said for most rational people it was obvious that slap had nothing to do with Chris Rock's joke. Will's ego was bruised from all the clowning he snapped and just needed a release. I hope dudes can finally leave that whole "protect black women" alone now as that slap had nothing to do with protecting his wife. What we saw was a dude who's been put on a pedestal, rightfully so, for 30 years unable to handle finally becoming the butt of the world's jokes. That slap was about Will's ego and insecurities. Newsflash Will.. you're still a cukk

8xwMC3g.png

zero clue.. I wasn’t watching Louis CK even before they got him up out the paint

chris rock shoulda slapped him too while he was sitting there with Ricky

what I’ve seen of either Louis CK or Ricky gervais, I didn’t find funny so I never went looking for more

chris rock said he made the doc because of his black daughters

the problem with society and black peoples hair is the expectations to conform to what white people deem as acceptable/professional

Extensions go far beyond black women

i don’t think in trying to uplift black women taking shots specifically at them helps

well that's good for you,

but for me if that joke is evidence of "deep seated hatred of black women"
I think anyone who thinks that needs to regain a grip on reality.

oh this lady, i remember her from an ezra klein show episode.
well i think her take is wrong, I don't really care about her credentials.

and if it's not a clout chasing post, well then I guess she comes by her stupid take honestly.
I mentioned her credential because you said in the past that academics should tell the truth however they see it

And you called you referred to her as "these professionally black anti racism influencers", which she clearly is not

You kinda misrepresented what she said, but I guess that is whatever

i dont think a white person needs to say the N word to do comedy

and I don’t think black women are off limits

but the older I get I’m giving more consideration to the who and why.. what people are taking away from things

to go back to chapelle, I rewatch chappelle show and it isn’t hard for me to see how a non black person is poking fun of these black things and laughing at and not with.. i don’t watch Seinfeld and think someone is going watch this and start poking fun of Jewish people and weaponize the whole thing

I get the same feelings rewatching boondocks and then it becomes abundantly clear from the little I watched of season 4, some people are removing the nuisance that went into the first 3 seasons
By that logic, did you have a problem with Regina Hall's joke about Will's and Jada's open relationship at the Academy Awards? That joke was told in a room full of white folks. Where's the smoke for her?

8xwMC3g.png

in one of his biggest stand up specials that established him as a star he has bits about the n word.
anyone who said they liked Louis Ck almost certainly heard the N-word jokes it wasn't some obscure secret.

so if you're going to go on "Talking Comedy"
with famous white n word comedian to "talk comedy"

if you find that offensive, you shouldn't go on the show period.

No he shouldn't have. This isn't proper conflict/resolution. Were you beat as a child?

from that video, there was no conflict

chris rock was perfectly fine with Ricky gervais and Louis CK using the N word

and i must be fortunate because unlike Chris, I don’t have white people in my life throwing around the N word in causal conversation for there to be a conflict needing to be resolved

By that logic, did you have a problem with Regina Hall's joke about Will's and Jada's open relationship at the Academy Awards? That joke was told in a room full of white folks. Where's the smoke for her?

the only parts of the academy awards I have watched is the various angles of the will/Chris thing

and then the lady who lost to Billie Eilish who has lost a crazy amount of times

I didn’t even watch will speech

but I think there are a whole lotta jokes to be told about will, jada and Chris.. just not a fan off picking on someone for something that’s a result of an ailment

from that video, there was no conflict

chris rock was perfectly fine with Ricky gervais and Louis CK using the N word

and i must be fortunate because unlike Chris, I don’t have white people in my life throwing around the N word in causal conversation for there to be a conflict needing to be resolved

You’re also not a professional comedian.

This makes as much sense as you saying you don’t have people tackling you in your life, when you aren’t an NFL player.

Comedy is different. And what is your argument? That it’s Chris’s fault that they used that word. And he should have beat them up? Seriously?

Nobody cared when Ricky Gervais made short jokes at the expense of joe Pesci or Martin Scorsese during the 2020 golden globes.

Obviously being short isn’t a health issue, but we just are going to give mocking someone’s physical stature/appearance a pass?

People want to tear into Chris Rock for the GI Jane joke, but jokes comparing Joe Pesci to baby yoda were cool ?
Who is this "we"?

It goes by a person to person basis.

Whether others agree with it or not don't matter much.

There's ppl that will do it and others who won't.

Side story:

When I worked and lived in the Hamptons, CK used to come out there during the summer. Instead of staying in the main of Long Island, he lived on Shetler Island. A small, white as ****, a small island right over the mainland.

All those racist white people used to drive past mans house to take a glimpse at it like it was Wayne Manor

He really broke their hearts when he said he didn't rock with Trump. But apparently the liberals overreacting to him making women watch him fap has put them back in their good graces

It was wild how many of those white people tried to convince me that I didn't find the n-word joke funny because I didn't really get it. While insisting that saying the n-word is wrong.

Mans really had the white non-college-educated block on lock for a minute

Side story:

When I worked and lived in the Hamptons, CK used to come out there during the summer. Instead of staying in the main of Long Island, he lived on Shetler Island. A small, white as ****, a small island right over the mainland.

All those racist white people used to drive past mans house to take a glimpse at it like it was Wayne Manor

He really broke their hearts when he said he didn't rock with Trump. But apparently the liberals overreacting to him making women watch him fap has put them back in their good graces

It was wild how many of those white people tried to convince me that I didn't find the n-word joke funny because I didn't really get it. While insisting that saying the n-word is wrong.

Mans really had the white non-college-educated block on lock for a minute

The whole left to right love switching opinions on him is funny to watch.

Louis had the white college educated block on lock for most of his career.

He was god to every hipster comedy writer I ever knew.
The show Louis(really good show) was kinda elevated experimental version of the half hour comedy.
Shows like Atlanta owe a lot to it.

he was every white liberal comedy nerds favorite comedian, all while saying the n-word.

but only when he started masturbating in front of women against their will did the right wing embrace him.:lol:
says something wild about right wing politics. :lol:

No he shouldn't have. This isn't proper conflict/resolution. Were you beat as a child?
So just to be clear, when a white person says the n word around you you're not checking them?

I know for a fact a good deal of ppl don't got time for that proper conflict resolution bull **** you talking about.

There's how things should be and then there's how things are. This is the simple thing yall don't get and want to waste paragraphs with comparisons and examples.

the only parts of the academy awards I have watched is the various angles of the will/Chris thing

and then the lady who lost to Billie Eilish who has lost a crazy amount of times

I didn’t even watch will speech

but I think there are a whole lotta jokes to be told about will, jada and Chris.. just not a fan off picking on someone for something that’s a result of an ailment
Thank you for confirming you only engage in selective outrage.

Back
Top Bottom