The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Nobody cared when Ricky Gervais made short jokes at the expense of joe Pesci or Martin Scorsese during the 2020 golden globes.

Obviously being short isn’t a health issue, but we just are going to give mocking someone’s physical stature/appearance a pass?

People want to tear into Chris Rock for the GI Jane joke, but jokes comparing Joe Pesci to baby yoda were cool ?

This is why selective outrage about Chris’ joke is silly, there have been many times at past award shows where other celebrities have made other quips at each other. It comes wit the territory.

Just like “cancel culture,” there’s no consistency and people pick and choose who they want to cancel and what they want to get “offended” and “outraged” by.”

Last edited:
Nobody cared when Ricky Gervais made short jokes at the expense of joe Pesci or Martin Scorsese during the 2020 golden globes.

Obviously being short isn’t a health issue, but we just are going to give mocking someone’s physical stature/appearance a pass?

People want to tear into Chris Rock for the GI Jane joke, but jokes comparing Joe Pesci to baby yoda were cool ?

This is why selective outrage about Chris’ joke is silly, there have been many times at past award shows where other celebrities have made other quips at each other. It comes wit the territory.

Just like “cancel culture,” there’s no consistency and people pick and choose who they want to cancel and what they want to get “offended” and “outraged” by.”

only time I’ve thought of gervais at all last couple of years, Chris rock shoulda slapped him

Im sure its been discussed here.....
Whats the consensus on if you switch Chris Rock with Chapelle?
Does Will slap Dave? If so, what does Dave do?

I dunno why but Ive been thinking about this

Im sure its been discussed here.....
Whats the consensus on if you switch Chris Rock with Chapelle?
Does Will slap Dave? If so, what does Dave do?

I dunno why but Ive been thinking about this
No. Jada would've invited Dave back to the crib and tell him off herself.
Will would've watched.

That’s a crazy coincidence, had no idea this happened/existed.

2 white guys being that comfortable being around you saying the N word in a televised forum, could never look at Chris rock the same

jerry tried to tell them and clearly looked uncomfortable, meanwhile chris is giggling and justifying

as I said above, if white people want to say the N word go ahead but it is my view that they should have a healthy fear of the consequences of doing so

2 white guys being that comfortable being around you saying the N word in a televised forum, could never look at Chris rock the same

jerry tried to tell them and clearly looked uncomfortable, meanwhile chris is giggling and justifying

as I said above, if white people want to say the N word go ahead but it is my view that they should have a healthy fear of the consequences of doing so
Don't agree with you on the Will slapping issue, but definitely agree here. Crazy that it was only a decade ago where people were comfortable throwing around the N word publicly

Don't agree with you on the Will slapping issue, but definitely agree here. Crazy that it was only a decade ago where people were comfortable throwing around the N word publicly

what people were comfortable throwing around the N word a decade ago?

no white person should have felt comfortable saying the N word in 2012

at no point in my life have I thought a white person should feel comfortable throwing around the N word in causal conversation

and to go back to Chris rock, he supposedly adlibbed the jada joke.. why pick a black woman to go off script to make a joke about to a largely white audience?

A bunch of y'all gonna run around thinking you can smack people and walk away like Will in the safety net of the Oscar's. You better have a life insurance policy tucked away.

What if I told you they would probably let people say worse to them and not smack a soul?

double standards that run in a woman's favor 🤷‍♂️

It's cool for women to talk about mens hair, but not reversed. Women can have hair preferences of not wanting bald men, men can't say we don't want weave, natural, bald women.

Like how being bald or little hair is some great big medical issue now. That's what sort of annoys me, it's people battling cancer and other debilitating diseases and they wish they only had to worry about hair.

Last edited:
what people were comfortable throwing around the N word a decade ago?

no white person should have felt comfortable saying the N word in 2012

at no point in my life have I thought a white person should feel comfortable throwing around the N word in causal conversation

and to go back to Chris rock, he supposedly adlibbed the jada joke.. why pick a black woman to go off script to make a joke about to a largely white audience?
Are you seeking arguments with everyone for the sake of it? I literally said I agree nobody should've been comfortable. Who the hell is even insinuating you should be throwing it around in casual conversation?
But Louis C.K. and Gervais here were clearly comfortable enough to be throwing it around. No need for the chip on your shoulder 24/7, nobody's even disagreeing with you here. You either have some reading comprehension issues, angry with life or some moral superiority complex. Or all of the above. You do you, keep slapping.

Are you seeking arguments with everyone for the sake of it? I literally said I agree nobody should've been comfortable. Who the hell is even insinuating you should be throwing it around in casual conversation?
But Louis C.K. and Gervais here were clearly comfortable enough to be throwing it around. No need for the chip on your shoulder 24/7, nobody's even disagreeing with you here. You either have some reading comprehension issues or angry with life. You do you, keep slapping.

you said a decade ago, so I asked a question about 2012 and gave my perspective

it’s not an argument, although I am concerned

you said this

Crazy that it was only a decade ago where people were comfortable throwing around the N word publicly

you said a decade ago, so I asked a question about 2012 and gave my perspective

it’s not an argument, although I am concerned
The video is from 2011. That's about a decade ago. They (as in the 2 comedians) were comfortable using the N word, as seen in the video. What in the world is even the concern or disagreement? It's literally a statement like "this is a table".
Where the **** did I even say people WERE RIGHTFULLY COMFORTABLE?
You got some problems man. Either you really have reading comprehension difficulties or you look for everything to be an opportunity for you get on a moral soapbox even if people are agreeing with you.

What if I told you they would probably let people say worse to them and not smack a soul?
As you get older and have more to lose, you gotta pick and choose your battles. If you a man and simple words directed at you can cause you to break down, you may need to see a therapist or something.

The same way someone can call you out your name, is the same way you can do the same. But once blows start throwing, just know you possibly playing for keeps. In the case of Will, he just happened to pick on someone who wasn't gotta pop on him for a harmless Gi Jane joke that he laughed at during the Oscar's. It wasn't one calling his wife a *** on stage or a batch. A Gi Jane Joke.

The video is from 2011. That's about a decade ago. They (as in the 2 comedians) were comfortable using the N word, as seen in the video. What in the world is even the concern or disagreement? It's literally a statement like "this is a table".

Read what you wrote.. but those 2 comedians shouldn’t have felt comfortable at any point in multiple decades saying what they said

Read what you wrote.. but those 2 comedians shouldn’t have felt comfortable at any point in multiple decades saying what they said
Yes. We agree. They shouldn't feel comfortable. But THEY felt comfortable doing it. Because it came out of their mouths.
For real you got problems. Just highlight and quote where I say they should've felt comfortable please. Please do it and I will forever stop posting on NT. Thanks.

Yes. We agree. They shouldn't feel comfortable. But THEY felt comfortable doing it. Because it came out of their mouths.
For real you got problems.

what is my problem, that I can read?

if you wanted to speak to the video and the 2 comedians, say that

and it is sad to me that they felt comfortable.. it is sad to me that the only person who felt uncomfortable wasn’t the single black person of the 4 but Jerry Seinfeld

Back
Top Bottom