The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Don't agree with you on the Will slapping issue, but definitely agree here. Crazy that it was only a decade ago where people were comfortable throwing around the N word publicly

it certainly aged poorly
but people kind of just ignore the context of that special.

The whole point of that show is giving the audience a peek into private conversations with comedians
and if you've interacted with comedians or comedy writers in private settings,

they just have a way more mercenary attitude towards jokes and language
however edgy you think they are on stage, usually it's even 10x edgier off stage and they are surrounded by a bunch of other comedians.

and Louis CK at that time, had a bits in his biggest stand up specials where he uses the N-Word
if you are going to talk about comedy and he uses the word in his act, no surprise to me he's going to say it.

if you have a problem with that you shouldn't go on the show period.

this wasn't just like 4 random guys calling chris the nword
this is professional comedians having a conversation about language.

would I have done it? prob not. but if you have a problem with comedians saying the nword,
you shouldn't go on the show with famous white n-word comedian.

This is why I say many people are hypocrites about this,
Louis CK became a big star, and darling of progressive and liberal critics

saying the N word all the time.
and people just rolled with it.

now that he's masterbating on female comedians and a public pariah
people want to pretend like they were never there, when they were saying he was a comedy genius.

What does that video have to do with Will slapping Chris? I don't agree with the actions that he allowed but whats the relevance?

Will wasn't thinking about that clip when he slapped Chris.

ricky gervais was mentioned, so I posted a video with Chris and Ricky gervais

I quoted the post where Ricky gervais was mentioned and said exactly why I was posting the video

what is my problem, that I can read?

if you wanted to speak to the video and the 2 comedians, say that

and it is sad to me that they felt comfortable.. it is sad to me that the only person who felt uncomfortable wasn’t the single black person of the 4 but Jerry Seinfeld
I ******* quoted YOUR comments that were attached to the video you quoted. That's literally the definition of speaking to that. :rofl::rofl:
You're a ******* clown.

IN for NT Slap Off

Bruh.

This would be ultra lit, but we know none of these dudes gonna show up.

But if they did…

F746DA38-2296-45FA-AB66-15D0A4470045.gif

and to go back to Chris rock, he supposedly adlibbed the jada joke.. why pick a black woman to go off script to make a joke about to a largely white audience?
So comedians should never makes jokes about black women? Are black women that fragile that they should be in a protected class?

What does that video have to do with Will slapping Chris? I don't agree with the actions that he allowed but whats the relevance?

Will wasn't thinking about that clip when he slapped Chris.

It proves once and for all that da N word is so 2000s as a slur and that if Christopher would've called those white 🤴 "kevins" he would've deserved to get stomped out and I would approve.
stomp-stomping.gif

So comedians should never makes jokes about black women? Are black women that fragile that they should be in a protected class?

id prefer black people not use other black people to make white people laugh

i agree with what chappelle said when he spoke of why he left his show, he realized people were laughing at him and not with him

certain jokes sound a whole lot different when you give consideration to who is saying it

now that he's masterbating on female comedians and a public pariah
people want to pretend like they were never there, when they were saying he was a comedy genius.
Same thing many of then did with Weinstein and Epstein. All of a sudden they "barely" knew them despite hearing all of the stories, but still deciding to shake hands, share private jets and have drinks with one another.

id prefer black people not use other black people to make white people laugh

i agree with what chappelle said when he spoke of why he left his show, he realized people were laughing at him and not with him

certain jokes sound a whole lot different when you give consideration to who is saying it
Then just say you want to eradicate comedy all together. Cause there is no way a comedian can do his/her job if they have to worry about offending certain people.

Last edited:
Now that l think of it, how did they not kick Will out after that? Even in a basketball game that's an ejection.

Because they knew he was going to win. Can’t kick out the birthday boy out of his own party :lol:

Will Smith Refused to Leave Oscars After Slap, Academy Says​

The film organization revealed that Smith was asked to leave the Academy Awards after slapping Chris Rock, as the comic addressed the incident for the first time at a show in Boston.

what‘s your views on what Chris rock said in the video?

it was a joke.

and I simply refuse to believe that black women in general are so narcissistic
that they would get that offended about that joke in the context of doc

where the central thesis
is about supporting and shedding light on the issues and cultural hurdles black women have with their hair.

so im just going to look at this as another
"actually this totally unrelated thing is actual about racism" clout chasing post.

To all the Will Smith stans who swore it was simply about Chris Rock's joke...

So like we've saying. Cukkold gets exposed as a cukkold by his wife and had been getting clowned ever since. He finally got fed up and snapped. Used his wife's condition as an excuse to take out his own insecurities on another man. Smh I'm calling him Will Simp from this point forward:smh:

So like we've saying. Cukkold gets exposed as a cukkold by his wife and had been getting clowned ever since. He finally got fed up and snapped. Used his wife's condition as an excuse to take out his own insecurities on another man. Smh I'm calling him Will Simp from this point forward:smh:

1648736490189.png

Then just way you want to eradicate comedy all together. Cause there is no way a comedian can do his/her job if they have to worry about offending certain people.

i dont think a white person needs to say the N word to do comedy

and I don’t think black women are off limits

but the older I get I’m giving more consideration to the who and why.. what people are taking away from things

to go back to chapelle, I rewatch chappelle show and it isn’t hard for me to see how a non black person is poking fun of these black things and laughing at and not with.. i don’t watch Seinfeld and think someone is going watch this and start poking fun of Jewish people and weaponize the whole thing

I get the same feelings rewatching boondocks and then it becomes abundantly clear from the little I watched of season 4, some people are removing the nuisance that went into the first 3 seasons

jesus people need to get a freaking girp. :lol:

I hate these professionally black anti racism influencers.
it was a joke.

where the central thesis
is about supporting and shedding light on the issues and cultural hurdles black women have with their hair.

"actually this totally unrelated thing is actual about racism" clout chasing post.

Tressie McMillan Cottom is a professor of sociology and UNC Chapell Hill though.

By reading her tweet seems she has an alternative take on the documentary, not just the joke.

I think it is a bit goofy to label a post she made and disagreed with all these things just because you don't like it

Last edited:
Some peeps in here sound like the type to make those "On behalf of all men I apologize" videos.

it was a joke.

where the central thesis

chris rock said he made the doc because of his black daughters

the problem with society and black peoples hair is the expectations to conform to what white people deem as acceptable/professional

Extensions go far beyond black women

i don’t think in trying to uplift black women taking shots specifically at them helps

i dont think a white person needs to say the N word to do comedy
It, and I cannot overstate this, REAAAALLLY bothers me. When there's a white comedian I like and I hear them utter that one little word, in a movie or a stand up or anything, at all:

-foe

This should have been obvious to anyone with an ounce of intelligence

but dudes up here will argue that Will was acting like a rationale 50 something year old man. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom