The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Would’ve been crazy if Will didn’t smack Chris Rock and instead called him out after, saying the joke was in poor taste and then Chris Rock apologized.

probably what he should have done and then it’s on Chris rock dealing with the PR of it all

cause I assume a ton of comedians going let the jokes fly even more than they already were.. and I highly doubt will smith going be trying to attempt to threaten a whole bunch of people

we still gotta see how Chris rock responds because that‘s going blow up

I hope folks advocating for violence over spoken words acknowledge the distinct possibility for further violence :lol:

If someone’s cracking jokes in public and offends someone who chooses to hit the joke teller there’s a 100% chance it’s getting more violent.

The implication of this is it's somehow uniquely black to be slapping each other on national television
and somehow white people can't comment.

i totally reject this,
homeboy slapped someone on national television in one of the most absurd and shocking tv moments in recent history.

the idea that white people can't talk about it,
is totally absurd.

All the NT tough guys better live your raps. :lol:

I want a daily catalogue of all the people you slap
On account of your hurt feelings.

Do people frequently make jokes about your loved ones appearances?

Doesn’t seem normal for that to happen on a daily basis, but that’s just me

Do people frequently make jokes about your loved ones appearances?

Doesn’t seem normal for that to happen on a daily basis, but that’s just me

Do you frequently go to comedy shows with your loved ones and sit in the front row?

Will this have a ripple effect on comedy in general? Like if a heckler gets roasted to the point of embarrassment at the comedy cellar does he have permission to slap the comedian on stage? I hope not

Will this have a ripple effect on comedy in general? Like if a heckler gets roasted to the point of embarrassment at the comedy cellar does he have permission to slap the comedian on stage? I hope not

Permission from who?

I assume the cellar ain’t giving customers a freebie to assault someone

During Covid, no

But I’ve been to comedy shows in small venues

You figure out the benefits of lotion yet?

You just made a joke about my personal appearance. You think it’s appropriate for someone to get slapped over that? I sure don’t.

I think before Chris does anything he should wait to see how this will play out on the Red show thing that Will and Jada plan to do and see what energy they are going to bring or where they will go with this whole situation.

I definitely think he should capitalize off this a strike while the iron is hot and get the bag because it's obvious Jada is going to use the situation to boost her platform and numbers.

Best outcome for all involved is to get the bag because I mean it's not like they can square up and throw the fade.

Been happening forever anyway...doubt this causes any kind of uptick

I think before Chris does anything he should wait to see how this will play out on the Red show thing that Will and Jada plan to do and see what energy they are going to bring or where they will go with this whole situation.

I definitely think he should capitalize off this a strike while the iron is hot and get the bag because it's obvious Jada is going to use the situation to boost her platform and numbers.

Best outcome for all involved is to get the bag because I mean it's not like they can square up and throw the fade.
I think he should drop the hammer.
Leave jada out of it and go in on will. There's so much material.

Chris rock is a legend and deservingly so... a very skillful comic. He could absolutely murder will if he really wanted to and no one would feel sorry for him.

Back
Top Bottom