The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

You realize your first assumption that a 50 year old with a shaved head is sick, might be offensive to some women?
Please proponents of slapping, defend this. Your logic cannot exempt you from being slapped if women find your assumption of baldness offensive. Since you think slapping is ok to anyone that takes offense, you better slap yourselves first.

You realize your first assumption that a 50 year old with a shaved head is sick, might be offensive to some women?

more offensive than cracking jokes to millions of people and finding out later that she is sick?

i think playing it safe and checking if the person is OK is best

84575D58-DF7C-43E7-9E32-E261CAF149AC.jpeg

No. But you said your first thought wouldn’t be to make a joke. That tracks, since you’re not a paid, professional comedian at an awards show.

do you not tell jokes amongst your friends or other people you know?

have you not had someone in your life experience hair loss issues?

more offensive than cracking jokes to millions of people and finding out later that she is sick?

i think playing it safe and checking if the person is OK is best
Doesn't have to be more, it's offensive, period. Once the person is offended they have the right to slap you no?

and tough guy., you better be living your raps

keep a tally and report back on all the people you slap on account of your hurt feelings.

i dont surround myself with people that would jump to making jokes about people who suffer hair loss as a result of an illness

2 of my friend‘s fathers recently had to go through chemo.. In my attempts to cheer them up and they’re trying get their minds off of it, joking about those illnesses wouldn’t come to my mind

but if I was stupid enough to do so and they hit me, I would chalk it up to my stupidity

i dont surround myself with people that would jump to making jokes about people who suffer hair loss as a result of an illness

2 of my friend‘s fathers recently had to go through chemo.. In my attempts to cheer them up and they’re trying get their minds off of it, joking about those illnesses wouldn’t come to my mind

but if I was stupid enough to do so and they hit me, I would chalk it up to my stupidity

You’re not a comedian. And it also sounds like you’re not a fan of comedy generally.

If your friend’s fathers were fans of comedy, they might actually enjoy a comedy show making light of cancer.

I’ve got a friend that does stand up in DC. Her brother was murdered. She jokes about it during her set to bring light to a dark situation. That’s legit one of the goals of comedy. It seems you misunderstand that.

Ummmm, him being red, with red watery eyes and cursing loudly in a big *** venue for all to hear and having to be calmed down and talked to by numerous people. But maybe that's normal behavior for you. 🤷‍♂️
He got visibly angry. Did you miss when I said that? How is that a break down?

But I see you got fooled by those crocodile tears too. He did the same damn thing in Pursuit of Happiness

2XZ2.gif

You’re not a comedian. And it also sounds like you’re not a fan of comedy generally.

i like comedy just fine.. but as I said above, if you thought it was smart to say something slick about my grandmother who lost her hair as a result of chemo.. I don’t care where we are, we have a problem

If your friend’s fathers were fans of comedy, they might actually enjoy a comedy show making light of cancer.

that could very well be the case.. but I am going to allow them to do that on their terms and I’m going support them the best I can

i am also going assume that the comedy isn’t going to be specific to their fathers and their appearances

Son went up there with tears rolling down his face talking about constantly being talked about crazy and having to pretend like it’s ok.

But sure…let’s just keep driving home the”person with an illness” narrative to justify this all and pretend like this isn’t about him snapping after reaching his limit.

dudes want comedians to start handing out trigger warnings & anxiety tests too the crowd before making Jokes :lol: :lol: & in the same breath are encouraging people to get into violence when they don't like the words someone says

The world is in a wonderful space :lol:

i like comedy just fine.. but as I said above, if you thought it was smart to say something slick about my grandmother who lost her hair as a result of chemo.. I don’t care where we are, we have a problem
Genuine question - do you prefer trigger warnings if you were at a comedy show? There'd be no way a comedian knows the history of every single attendee.

Because without trigger warnings it'd be impossible for a comedian to say anything. Any joke could be a sensitive topic for someone in the audience. And if not, why do you think your trauma is more important than someone else's trauma?

Amy Schumer talked about Jennifer Lawrence's weight gain, being that she's battled weight issues.

Regina Hall joked about Will and Jada's open marriage earlier

Are those hittable?

Did Twitter not spark up enough big girls on a body shaming crusade?
All those examples and the answer your looking for are based on the individual its aimed at. Its up to them.

It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree.

If somebody feels like hitting someone based on something they did or said they'll do it. They not looking to be justified or right in the action and it shouldn't make a difference if the majority of ppm agreed with what you did or not.

will been the face of non violence, Non problematic, super nice family man. slapped one dude & dem people up here making him see like an emotionally crazed lunatic out here :lol:

Imagine what happens to a regular *****

Huh? I don’t have to think…I know.

A slap isn’t going to stop disrespect. It is more likely to escalate it and result in folks on shirts, back and forth, and parents and grandparents crying.

Advocating slapping someone when you feel disrespected is beyond childish. Joke or no joke. It’s the type of stuff that sounds great on the internet and leaves children without parents and parents without children.
This totally depends on who you slapping.

Pretending it always leads to an escalation of violence is a falsehood.

The fools wildin thread is filled with thousands of videos of somebody going too far then getting beat up/slapped up/checked and put in their place.

You cant really believe it always ends up one way.
People have died over less
And ppl have done 1000× worse and aint damn thing happened to them as far as consequences.

Back
Top Bottom