The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Zoe always been a weirdo.

Gotta say though it’s rare I openly hear a grown woman lust after a minor.

Let’s get back to having Zendaya be the light skin black actress of focus.

0183E934-2A5A-473E-BA1C-B41B8BAD20F9.jpeg
COTDAMMIT...

#scripted!!!!

-foe

IATT IATT RustyShackleford RustyShackleford Thoughts on this point by Kareem? ( I come in Peace )

Actually, it was the opposite. Smith’s slap was also a slap to women. If Rock had physically attacked Pinkett Smith, Smith’s intervention would have been welcome. Or if he’d remained in his seat and yelled his post-slap threat, that would have been unnecessary, but understandable. But by hitting Rock, he announced that his wife was incapable of defending herself—against words. From everything I’d seen of Pinkett Smith over the years, she’s a very capable, tough, smart woman who can single-handedly take on a lame joke at the Academy Awards show.

This patronizing, paternal attitude infantilizes women and reduces them to helpless damsels needing a Big Strong Man to defend their honor least they swoon from the vapors. If he was really doing it for his wife, and not his own need to prove himself, he might have thought about the negative attention this brought on them, much harsher than the benign joke. That would have been truly defending and respecting her. This “women need men to defend them” is the same justification currently being proclaimed by conservatives passing laws to restrict abortion and the LGBTQ+ community.

IATT IATT RustyShackleford RustyShackleford Thoughts on this point by Kareem? ( I come in Peace )

Actually, it was the opposite. Smith’s slap was also a slap to women. If Rock had physically attacked Pinkett Smith, Smith’s intervention would have been welcome. Or if he’d remained in his seat and yelled his post-slap threat, that would have been unnecessary, but understandable. But by hitting Rock, he announced that his wife was incapable of defending herself—against words. From everything I’d seen of Pinkett Smith over the years, she’s a very capable, tough, smart woman who can single-handedly take on a lame joke at the Academy Awards show.

This patronizing, paternal attitude infantilizes women and reduces them to helpless damsels needing a Big Strong Man to defend their honor least they swoon from the vapors. If he was really doing it for his wife, and not his own need to prove himself, he might have thought about the negative attention this brought on them, much harsher than the benign joke. That would have been truly defending and respecting her. This “women need men to defend them” is the same justification currently being proclaimed by conservatives passing laws to restrict abortion and the LGBTQ+ community.

while I think a man assuming he needs to step in for a woman in certain settings, can be toxic

we all know damn well how this would have played out if jada herself responded.. we saw just a few days ago how a black woman that was nothing but calm somehow got thrown in with the combative language being used towards her, at no point was the distinguished lady anything but upstanding but numerous headlines tried to paint her differently because of the jackasses trying to attack her

i don’t believe in this imaginary pedestal comedians try to put themselves upon.. my whole life you could do some shh or say some shh to get a cut a@(@*

chris rock decided to say some sh with a lack of knowledge in a public forum and will decided to handle the shh in public, I have zero problem with it

ive slapped numerous people in my lifetime for comments they’ve had to say about women I care about or other things they’ve said

the biggest problem I got is Chris rock standing there hands behind his back giggling like he didn’t just say some slick shh and a dude was headed towards him

this makes even more sense to me now.. multiple white dudes throwing around N bombs and Chris is comfortable giggling and agreeing.. jerry tries to be a voice of reason but nahhhhhhh Chris is cool with it

It's comedy, anything goes. The fat man will laugh at the black joke. The trans girl will laugh at the brown joke. The lesbian will laugh at the cancer joke. The cancer girl will laugh at the short joke....

Somebody will always laugh at a joke at somebody else's expense. You can't act offended when it hits close to home.
Interesting way of putting it. 🤔.

while I think a man assuming he needs to step in for a woman in certain settings, can be toxic

we all know damn well how this would have played out if jada herself responded.. we saw just a few days ago how a black woman that was nothing but calm somehow got thrown in with the combative language being used towards her, at no point was the distinguished lady anything but upstanding but numerous headlines tried to paint her differently because of the jackasses trying to attack her

i don’t believe in this imaginary pedestal comedians try to put themselves upon.. my whole life you could do some shh or say some shh to get a cut a@(@*

chris rock decided to say some sh with a lack of knowledge in a public forum and will decided to handle the shh in public, I have zero problem with it

ive slapped numerous people in my lifetime for comments they’ve had to say about women I care about or other things they’ve said

the biggest problem I got is Chris rock standing there hands behind his back giggling like he didn’t just say some slick shh and a dude was headed towards him

this makes even more sense to me now.. multiple white dudes throwing around N bombs and Chris is comfortable giggling and agreeing.. jerry tries to be a voice of reason but nahhhhhhh Chris is cool with it

Yeah the subtle stuff that certain non black comedians would get to say, like that word, isn't acceptable imo.

You're right, Seinfeld tries to limit his humor around racist topics. Remember the Michael Richard's racist meltdown and Seinfeld on the Letterman show after telling the crowd its not funny when some people laughed after Richards was talking, mentioning "Afro-American".

The white celebrity reaction to this incident is interesting. Not liking it at all
Living in a pampered, bubbled world. If they thought that slap was bad, they'd be horrified if they walked through any major city in this country.

#scripted

-foe

Just saw a YouTube vid of those body language experts and broke it down through every step. It’s pretty much a legit incident and Rock was definitely not expecting that reaction from Smith.

The only thing that saved the award show was Rock’s years of experience on stage and quick recovery to asses further action/consequences.

It's comedy, anything goes. The fat man will laugh at the black joke. The trans girl will laugh at the brown joke. The lesbian will laugh at the cancer joke. The cancer girl will laugh at the short joke....

Somebody will always laugh at a joke at somebody else's expense. You can't act offended when it hits close to home.

some sh being funny don’t mean it won’t get you f’d up

a valuable lesson in life to learn is who you can and who you can’t or shouldn’t say shh to or about

id hope all people would learn that sh at a young age, but unfortunately some folks dont

being a comedian don’t give you a free pass to say or do whatever you want without consequences, a lot of terrible comedians out there that should be doing other shh and alot people say mean shh trying be funny just cause they think they can get away with it

Back
Top Bottom