The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

I appreciate the sincere response. And, for the most part, I agree with you in that God let's things play out.

I cant speak to what Will thinks of when hes speaking of the purpose God has for him.

I know for me personally, as my life has played out, I feel as though the main thing God has asked me to do is to lead with love. Teach that to the ones closest to me. And keep my family unit together.

I don't always lead with love, but when I fail in those moments I dont suspect that wasnt God's plan for me. I just have to do better in the next interaction.

If I had to guess, I'd say Will was feeling the same way 20 minutes after smacking Rock giving that acceptance speech.
That's great for you and all (genuinely), but yea can't be slapping someone and going up there talking about being a vessel for love.

That's great for you and all (genuinely), but yea can't be slapping someone and going up there talking about being a vessel for love.
In my opinion, Will was basically admitting failure in that speech. He knows he wasnt living up to what he feels God's purpose is for him. That's why he was so emotional. Hell, that's why he was even talking that talk to begin with, again, in my opinion.

People acting like Will is a new actor fresh on the scene is hilarious. Will won’t miss a beat. Not only is he an already cemented legend, but he smacked another Black man, not some put on a pedestal white savior.
Will’s 24 hrs wasn’t that bad tbh…Got that smack off, won an award, partied the rest of the night, then posted the standard apology on social media and everybody gon move on by the end of the week business as usual

The Fresh Prince :pimp:

I appreciate the sincere response. And, for the most part, I agree with you in that God let's things play out.

I cant speak to what Will thinks of when hes speaking of the purpose God has for him.

I know for me personally, as my life has played out, I feel as though the main thing God has asked me to do is to lead with love. Teach that to the ones closest to me. And keep my family unit together.

I don't always lead with love, but when I fail in those moments I dont suspect that wasnt God's plan for me. I just have to do better in the next interaction.

If I had to guess, I'd say Will was feeling the same way 20 minutes after smacking Rock giving that acceptance speech.
And you may very well be right. I do think God works on us when we could be doing more with what we have. I get those feelings when I get comfortable.

Be yeah, nah, will was on some bipolar Kanye stuff lol.

Slap someone then preach love and nonviolence. Loll

In my opinion, Will was basically admitting failure in that speech. He knows he wasnt living up to what he feels God's purpose is for him. That's why he was so emotional. Hell, that's why he was even talking that talk to begin with, again, in my opinion.
Respectfully disagree.. It came off as very narcissistic and self serving. Dude showed no accountability. I legit think Will needs some therapy.

Respectfully disagree.. It came off as very narcissistic and self serving. Dude showed no accountability. I legit think Will needs some therapy.
He def needs therapy. No arguement there.

I can see the self serving angle. I don't agree but can understand why folks took it that way.

He did show accountability however. He apologized for the incident. He ain't go up there and beat his chest...say "let that be a lesson to the rest of you." Dude was clearly distraught over the whole thing, imo.

When I came back to the barbershop two weeks after the Lamar Jackson incident both barbers were fired. I guess the Ravens fan threatened dude with da Yappa and the cops were called.

I can't say all the foul and disrespectful **** I want while I hide behind a mic anymore?

20210110_001303.png

Says the guy that's spent 2 days being emotional about it :rofl:
Calling people emotional because nearly everyone here disagrees with you and you keep defending it is just as weak as your take. You're not as wise and mature and level headed in your old age as you'd like to believe

From your replies I don't even think you know my position but I'm sure you're enjoying thinking you do

You're mistaken.

Will doesn't care about what you're talking about.

I literally replied to what you said to say Will doesn't care about that. Not that his wife was insulted or that he was.

I'm not sure why you confused the two.

Is this why you think I'm coping and my stance is indefensible? You could've just asked what I was referring to instead of assuming.

The Instagram apology is groveling now?

Again, it seems you cant see this for what it is.

If Will was actually sorry he would've apologized in his acceptance speech. Mans wasn't out of his mind. He was in control and cognizant of everything he said. Of all his choices that night he once again chose not to do something and went to justify his actions.

Its no surprise Chris Rock's apology and statements came out on the same day.

You're concerned with Will not being praised after his achievement as if it really matters. He still won the Oscar. Still got to accept it and give his speech. Still got a standing ovation for it. He was celebrated immediately after and was dancing and performing at the after party.

lol man will from his own mouth says that he's embarrassed and apologized.

but nah you know what Will really feels,
just like know what Richard Williams really thinks.

only you can see it for what it really,
regardless of the will's own words, and actions , richard williams own words, the public opinion polling, ect

you got it man

I asked you a specific question. In your response you wanted to circle back to your general point (something I didn't ask you about) now you have an issue with me responding based on what I specifically asked. You made a specific claim in about you knowing certain jokes. To say such a thing you either have special insight into dude's sense of humor (which I assume you do not), or you think you know jokes on those subjects you feel at least a median+1 majority of people would find funny (which is that I assumed)

So I asked you to post them. When you handwave it and just repeated yourself, and kinda just I pointed that out.

You said you had jokes, post them. Let us hear these banger sexual assault jokes.
I think you edited your post before i responded.

Dave Chappelle Piss On You Sketch
Dave Chappelle "How old is 15 really"
Patrice O'Neal "Pepsi Cola Rapist."
Jerrod Carmichael's Bill Cosby bit

Like I get you to point on an individual level, and where the line is draw is a bit hazy the closer you come to it, ok sure. But on a macro level, I think people still know some subjects they know that will spark massive backlash.

So once again, this is just bickering about where the line is, not about if one exists. Like people on the other side of the Chappelle argument show a ton of hypocrisy about people taking jokes in stride. Dave included.

So generally I am not very sympathetic to these claims that there are all these great jokes out there that as being suppressed and not given their due.

Last edited: Today at 4:42 AM

That's fine, im not really arguing about where you wanna draw it,
like I said people can choose wherever they want.

yes there are hot button topics, but people making light of serious topics is a staple of comedy.

im just pointing out that it really isn't always obvious and people will let a lot of supposed rules and principles slide.
and from a comedian or writers perspective, the audience can seem hypocritical and inconsistent.

Last edited:
Heard on the radio today they said Will wouldn’t have slapped rock if it wasn’t for the oscars seating arrangement, it was too relaxed with the booths. If it was like the movie theater style and Will was sitting in the middle and had to hop over people to get there he wouldn’t have done it 😂😂 so true
Yeah that’s one thing I noticed. Where they had the Oscars this time was so open and access to the stage was more lax than the Golden Globes.

Couldn’t happen in the old venues.

James is correct. Imagine how many hands him and da Wayans Bros would've got back in the "In Living Color" days?
My wife and I were talking about this yesterday. How embarrassing for everyone they he got a standing ovation for acting like a total buffoon.

Back
Top Bottom