The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Ive only played about 10% of this game but I am going to pick it up. I have been on a huge PSOne RPG fix in the last week or two so just another one to add to the catalogue. 

[h1]Suikoden III Is On PSN Right Now (So Play It)[/h1]

256px-Suikoden_3.jpg

Konami, a Japanese company that operates slot machines and fitness clubs, released a video game yesterday on the PlayStation Network. It’s called Suikoden III. You should play it.

Suikoden III is, as you might have guessed, the third entry in the very-excellent Suikoden series, which you really must play, even if you only have time for #2, which is, incidentally, one of the best video games ever made. Suikoden III isn’t quite as transcendent—how could it be?—but it’s very good, switching up the formula established in the first two games and giving you a rotating cast of four main characters whose stories you can follow in any order.

For the uninitiated, Suikoden games are basically a cross between Game of Thrones andPokémon: think giant, tragic wars, explored through individual character relationships and enhanced by a recruitment system that lets you build your own headquarters and establish an army of 108+ superstars. Like its predecessors, Suikoden III is gritty, tragic, funny, poignant, and just excellent in a ton of ways. It’s got some issues—the difficulty skews way too easy, and backtracking is a problem—but it’s definitely worth your time.

This version, a PS2 classic ported over to PS3, will cost you $10. The only downside here is that it’s not playable on Vita, which sucks for those of us who like to play our kazillion-hour JRPGs on portable systems. Oh well. Buying it anyway.
Stuff like this is why I'll never catch up on my backlog. Colin Moriarty listed his top 5 games of all-time and now I want to play Wild Arms :smh: :lol:

Man I'm still working on TW3 and now Batman.  I can't get sucked back into Suikoden again.
laugh.gif

If you've never played it and like JRPGs you owe it to yourself to try it out though.

Is there way to check how much of the cloud storage you have used? I'm backing up all my info so when I get my 2TB HDD I can have all my saves.

Last edited:
Yea, go through the storage option in your PS4 settings.

I'm at the point I am constantly having to delete game saves.

[h1]STAR OCEAN 5 WON’T HAVE DLC, EXPANSIONS[/h1]
It's all about Integrity

BY MEGHAN SULLIVAN

Last week at E3, Star Ocean 5 producer Shuichi Kobayashi told IGN that Tri-Ace has no plans to create additional content for the game after release.

“I think Tri-Ace’s sort of attitude...is that we want to make something very unique and new," he said. "The way we look at it is if we make a kind of OK game and reinforce it with an expansion pack, that does not really satisfy [consumers]. So we’d like to invest all we have into the game and make it as good as it gets.”

Mr. Kobayashi added, "[Fans] are looking for a complete package. If you make additional scenarios and packs, Japanese consumers would come back and say ‘if this content is available, why didn’t you put it in the main game anyway?’”

^ good to see some developers "get it". I rarely support DLC because most likely I have no interest by the time it releases, it's preorder incentives or it comes out as soon as the game drops which makes me believe there was stuff taken out of the game for more profit.

For the true endings to AK you have to...

Initiate knightfall protocol. You do this by completing 7 of the most wanted missions for the true ending or complete all 14 for the full true ending

Back
Top Bottom