The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

There are a couple games that I will still robocopp though

I stay up on stuff but I literally don't have time. Like, the more I spend time gaming the further out-of-reach my long-term goals are. That is real talk.

Just got project cars and think I'm gonna need a wheel but didn't realize how expensive they are. Anyone recommend a good one?

eBay Taking Down Auctions Selling PS4s With P.T.
Now:

iiCUYlqI950al.gif

All the remasters that have/may come out, excluding indies.
  1.  rayman legends
  2. tomb raider
  3. diablo 3
  4. metro redux
  5. minecraft
  6. sleeping dogs
  7. walking dead
  8. wolf among us
  9. rocksmith
  10. halo master chief collection
  11. gta v
  12. resident evil
  13. saints row iv
  14. dmc
  15. final fantasy type-0
  16. borderlands collection
  17. dark souls 2
  18. state of decay
  19. devil may cry 4
  20. payday 2
  21. gears of war remastered
  22. last of us remastered
  23. batman arkham asylum/city
  24. god of war
  25. final fantasy x
  26. final fantasy 7
  27. heavy rain
  28. mass effect
  29. journey
  30. tearway

Last edited:
Since the bulls decided to be some **** I am about to begin my first run of the last of us on ps4 :pimp:

^ That sucks. If it ever gets like that, I'll just stop gaming. I usually don't bother with the game if I can't play for a few hours.

Have you played The Order? It'll be perfect for you :nerd:

You won't stop gaming. You just won't try to copp/play EVERYTHING
idk man, most of the games I play
Finished hotline Miami 2, enjoyed it more than the first. About to start shovel night or axiom verge tonight.

Heard great things about both. Will be getting both down the road.

More keen on Shovel Knight I think, though. 

Which did you go with?
Shovel Knight is great. That game is a true classic. Yacht Club really captured that old school magic. I thought Colin Moriarty was exaggerating because he loves damn near every 8/16 bit game but he was spot on. The level design is great, music is good, game is challenging and the bosses are too.

I'm hyped for Mighty No. 9 because of it. Crazy thing is, I've never played a Mega Man game :\

Yea thats always a worry when I grab one of these smaller games. At the end of the day I have gotten so many good games from PS+ I wouldn't normally have paid attention too, that I dont mind paying for the odd one.

idk man, most of the games I play are 40+ JRPGS. Gaming for less than a few hours is unheard of for me. I'm in the Army so getting only a few (4-5) hours of sleep doesn't bother me as much as some people. Last few weeks I've been up till midnight playing.

I just started over on Final Fantasy X-2 two days ago and already logged 14 hours :lol:

I wish I was like you. After work and gym, there's hardly anytime for a long session so Netflix and Youtube has been winning the battle recently. Have to do most of my gaming on weekends.

I would love it if I could survive on 4 to 5 hours of sleep but especially after legs day at the gym. 8 hours is needed :lol:

JRPG's are my favourite genre but I play them the least :smh:

All of this!!

It sucks cause JRPGs and they are dropping remasters left and right...

Logged 30 hours on type o and still on chapter 5 :smh:

This is one of the few rpgs I played back in the day.

Which rpgs that are usually on the psn sales are VERY similar to this?

Do you think/know if it's better than the Thrustmaster?

The CSW v2 definitely is. From a modularity standpoint, the Fanatec Clubsport system is very versatile. You can add shift light displays, static shifter paddles, mobile phone holders (DIY for now). The ability to quickly swap wheels in between races / on-the-fly is unmatched for the price. Proper rim sizing, too -can't beat driving a formula car with a fast, small-diameter wheel, and a GT-car with a large-diameter one. With that said, the steering wheel rims feel well-made, especially the Porsche 918 rim (the real leather smells good). If their selection doesn't suit your tastes, you can just get the Universal Hub and use an aftermarket steering wheel). The amount of torque available should be enough for most users. And the ability to hook everything up to the wheel base (shifters, handbrake, pedals) makes it even better -frees up USB ports). No PlayStation-specific buttons, though. Quite a bit pricier than the Thrustmaster gear, though. And you can only buy from Fanatec directly (which forces you to pay shipping).

The Thrustmaster initially feels more like a toy, but that wheel feels quite smooth. Didn't get too much time with the wheel (only tried it at the GT Academy event) I wasn't too impressed with anything other than the smoothness, but, then again, it might be the lack of force feedback/physics coming from Gran Turismo itself that made the wheel quite a bit limp. *shrug*

Anyway, either wheel is miles better than Logitech peripherals.

You might want to check this thread out at GTPlanet: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...me-consoles-ps4-xbox-one-ps3-xbox-360.318002/

Last edited:

This is one of the few rpgs I played back in the day.

Which rpgs that are usually on the psn sales are VERY similar to this?
VERY similiar? Like @9thWonder23kid  said, probably Secret of Mana, but even that has some differences. 

FF Mystic Quest is the spiritual precursor to the Mana series, might try that out. Then you have the series (Sword, Legend, Secret, Children, ect.) to go through.

Chrono Trigger has some obvious similiarities, while from what I remember of SaGa Frontier, it'd also share some similar elements.

You could really try almost any action RPG from around the late 90's to early 00's to be honest. The genre poached alot from game to game and it wasn't as popular as your classic JRPG until later in the decade. 

Good info.  I never considered the Fanatic cuz I don't think we get them here and cuz they were all Porsche... 
laugh.gif

I don't hate Porsche, but I'm not a fan of them either.

But anyway, the Fanatic base looks good, but no pedals, shifter & wheel?!  Eeeek!  Playstation-specific buttons are a nice option cuz I don't plan on gaming with my PC anyway.  

Interesting that the poll on GTP is mostly for Thrustmaster & the G25/27... 

Coming from no-wheel to the DFGT, I was super impressed!  Then testing out the T500, I was blown away! LOL 

I cant tell if i really want to play the witcher 3 or if or it's the hype. Like bloodborne looked cool but i know it wasn't for me

I dont have a ps4 yet anyway. Suoer backlog and ps plus got me way busy. But i think ill try the witcher when i get one. my main fear is not knowing the characters and story.

I cant tell if i really want to play the witcher 3 or if or it's the hype. Like bloodborne looked cool but i know it wasn't for me

I dont have a ps4 yet anyway. Suoer backlog and ps plus got me way busy. But i think ill try the witcher when i get one. my main fear is not knowing the characters and story.
Play Witcher 2 first. You can skip one. Or just watch some videos on the series.

Back
Top Bottom