The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I mean Microsoft did not do well this gen, but tanked might be a bit harsh.

XboxOne is still the 10th best selling home console of all time, and will probably pass Super Nintendo by the end of its lifecycle.

Definitely underwhelming, but it wasn't WiiU or anything.

1588874555798.png

XboxOne is still the 10th best selling home console of all time, and will probably pass Super Nintendo by the end of its lifecycle.

1588874555798.png

Compared to the XBox 360 though, I'd call it a tank. Only sold a little more than half of what the 360 sold. The fact that more PS3s were sold than the XBox One is actually interesting to me lol

Compared to the XBox 360 though, I'd call it a tank. Only sold a little more than half of what the 360 sold. The fact that more PS3s were sold than the XBox One is actually interesting to me lol

I mean they stumbled right outof the gate with the media center Kinect gimmick. Always online drm. How you gonna tell you people what they want??? It’s just dumb. By the time they came around to being a gaming company all they had to hang their hat on was Gears 5 (trash) and Crackdown(Wtf was that!!)

As big of a Marvel fan that I am, I have little interest in that Avengers game lol

It looks bad. Stephen A. Smith voice: Very, very bad.

I mean they stumbled right outof the gate with the media center Kinect gimmick. Always online drm. How you gonna tell you people what they want??? It’s just dumb. By the time they came around to being a gaming company all they had to hang their hat on was Gears 5 (trash) and Crackdown(Wtf was that!!)

lmfao Crackdown roflllll

XBox think they know gamers, but they really don't. I don't know what they think people want, but they never get it right.

The probem is that currently "next-gen" is looking an awful lot like current gen... Because they pretty much are with more polygons, higher resolutions, and some added graphical effects

This IS going to be a problem going forward. You're not going to see as huge of a jump from 16bit to 32 bit era of games or from those 1st gen 3D to 2nd gen 3D games.

The probem is that currently "next-gen" is looking an awful lot like current gen... Because they pretty much are with more polygons, higher resolutions, and some added graphical effects

To be fair, every game shown was cross-gen. It's hard to draw much from next-gen games based on that.

Last edited:
^ To be fair, all that stuff was cross-gen

To be fair, every game shown was cross-gen. It's hard to draw much from next-gen games based on that.

Yeah I know, and so far its been heavily criticized

Also, this rumored EA **** is exactly why I dont **** with them

If they had to make the Avengers looks so different in that game they should've went for the what if 90s cast of movie stars.

Even after they claimed they fixed it. They still look trash. Story wild questionable and gameplay far from stunning.

Hopefully sonys taking notes on the reactions, all this crossgen stuff is a total buzzkill

I understand stuff like the show, vr, and 3Rd parties will be crossgen, but keep that **** to a minimum

Man, I hope VR games not cross gen. They're more power hungry than normal games. Bring on the PS5 VR exclusives please.
I don't even think we will see anything VR for a year and thats probably for the best.

1588874555798.png

I think where they tanked the most was the first party.

When Sony fumbled with the PS3 and third parties were not making exclusives like on the PS2, they still gave you a very good reason to own a PS3.

On the other hand, X360 to Xbone was a downgrade for first party. IMO.

Let's see what happens now. Powerful console, gamepass, lots of newly acquired studios. Can they take the fight to Sony?
I dont't think they will in terms of sales or first party but I think it will be better than the Xbone.

Back
Top Bottom