The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

My only gripe with spiderman is that the open world was bad and only had 5 things to do that repeated multiple times. How many cars am I going to have to stop

That’s open world games in general. They basically all have repeated side missions.

The car chases can be finished in ~1 minute if you do it right. There’s a lot of them, but they’re pretty painless. And I turned the auto-stop car option on so that made it even easier.

In most games I skip the side missions, but traversal and combat just never got old for me, so I went ahead and got the plat.

And It's more opportunities to take pics.

Last edited:
I just finished AC: Origins from my backlog and just started playing Spidey. As a marvel fan I thought the was going to be cheesy and I’m having a lot more fun than expected. For anyone still on the fence, for $20 it’s a steal. It’s a shame I’m not playing this on a Pro/4K TV, so I could see the true beauty of the open world. As silly as some of the side missions are, the added reps making you more aware of what to do when fighting bosses. To this point, the hardest side mission I had to do was the last research lab in the thunderstorm. It took me close to 30 times to make it to the end but with all that practice of swinging, the side mission where you have to catch all the pigeons was a breeze, because I learned how to officially swing efficiently compared to the way I was doing it previously.

That’s open world games in general. They basically all have repeated side missions.

The car chases can be finished in ~1 minute if you do it right. There’s a lot of them, but they’re pretty painless. And I turned the auto-stop car option on so that made it even easier.

In most games I skip the side missions, but traversal and combat just never got old for me, so I went ahead and got the plat.

And It's more opportunities to take pics.
GTA 3 the goat open world game.

EDIT
actually nah nvm :lol:

Microsoft with the:

tenor.gif

On that inside XSex 20/20 3rd party publisher reveal :lol:

My only gripe with spiderman is that the open world was bad and only had 5 things to do that repeated multiple times. How many cars am I going to have to stop

Yes agreed with you on this, but one GOOD thing that Insomniac did was NOT make their 'open' world too big as there was clearly a limited number of things you could do.

I'm seriously hoping they do NOT make the 'open world' larger just for the sake of it in the sequel.

It's just so blatantly obvious that people would react negatively to that presentation. What makes them go through with it?

Nothing is worse than the recent battlefield reveal "events" tho.

The probem is that currently "next-gen" is looking an awful lot like current gen... Because they pretty much are with more polygons, higher resolutions, and some added graphical effects

Microsoft ALWAYS has relied on TRASH 3rd party devs like EA & Ubi to produce games for them to sell their consoles.

Don't forget no NEW 1st party exclusives coming from their internal studios for at least 2 years and when they do release they will also be available for PC and Project XCloud the same day.

I will blame bad presentations on covid. I think that's understandable. :lol:

Still, they need to come big with the 1st party stream though and show something that screams next gen.

We may not see that for a while though since it sounds like they want the old xbox's to be forwards compatible and there's still that version they haven't announced yet.

Hopefully sonys taking notes on the reactions, all this crossgen stuff is a total buzzkill

I understand stuff like the show, vr, and 3Rd parties will be crossgen, but keep that **** to a minimum

No point of even having that reveal or whatever you want to call it. Pull a Sony and be arrogant. Don’t show nothing lmao

Phil & Microsoft aren't in that position though right now after this gen they TANKED HARD and next gen is suppose to be the come up for them since they supposedly made:

AllTheRightMoves-500x391.jpg

To at least being competitive again with PS5 next gen.

The Miles and MJ stealth missions were terrible.
I could have done without the Miles, MJ, and the Screwball Challenges.

Was looking for more Taskmaster, though.

This was the first game I hit platinum and am currently re-playing the game. Definitely my favorite.

Still haven't finished the final dlc on Spider-Man but did hit platinum as well.

I hope the Avengers game fills the void until the sequel.

That rumor of Venom vs Spider-Man on the Statue of Liberty needs to happen :smokin

Back
Top Bottom