The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

It's a completely different game? I thought it would be more in line with Subsistence.
While different I wouldn’t call it a completely different game. Although the extra animations where extreme. I still play it to this day on my Mac with the dolphin emulator on 1080p and upgraded textures, the game looks amazing and runs super smooth on pc some dudes run it on 4K. I still love revisiting the og mgs though

It's a completely different game? I thought it would be more in line with Subsistence.
Its mainly MGS1 but with updated graphics and MGS2 gameplay. The cutscenes go from this:

to this

Twin Snakes goes full anime sometimes. I love it tho.

Would like to play it eventually. Still have to play through Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, and The Phantom Pain soon.

220px-Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png

MGS3 is by far the best in the series.
Snake eater was a masterpiece but mgs4 wins easily as the best. The camo feature plus the almost unlimited style of guns/throwables insane. Even the bullets that let you control the enemies emotions were sick. Who better then solid snake>big boss, Then to top it off that unlockable gun the tanegashima was pretty dope

from a technical perspective... sure, but over all I think the story and presentation of SE beats all other MGS games. It's not overly convoluted (you beat the game and you're not utterly confused like in the other games). The final boss fight is also the most epic.

Felt the Octocamo made the game easier than needed, but love the narrative when it released. Was hyped for it.

Can't find it at work, but there is like an 8 part, 5 or 6 hour recap of the entire MGS story. Its very helpful but an absolute time sink.

Oh probably!

The one I was talking about was extremely detailed and kind of went off on tangents about how the setting and timeline was influenced by real world events, laid out all the connections between each game, speculation as to what else could be explored, ect.

Im only mildly interested in MGS, but the video series had me fired up to play MGSV.

Back
Top Bottom