The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

1. Gran Turismo Sport Comes This Fall [12:08]
  2. Uncharted 4 Sold Big [19:58]
    Eldave0 - Hey Colin and Greg,
    Like thousands of other PlayStation 4 owners, I picked up a copy of Uncharted4 last week and, while other people seem to be loving the game, I find myself pretty disappointed so far (at the time of writing this I'm up to chapter10, so I'm guessing about halfway through?).
    While the visuals and story telling are obviously of a ridiculously high standard, the game play itself has felt - dare I say it? - a bit boring to me. As someone who found Uncharted3 the best in the series, Uncharted4's pacing has been very flat by comparison, with lots of talking and climbing and very few shoot outs to speak of.
    I get that Naughty Dog has gone for a more grounded approach following the success of TLoU but, since 2007, Uncharted has been my go-to series for dumb, action packed shoot outs and I'm feeling a bit let down as a result.
    I realize I'm in the minority and that, ultimately, its great to see Naughty Dog evolving as a developer but, as a huge fan of the series, I'm disappointed the finale isn't what I hoped it would be.
    My question is: have either of you been disappointed with how a gaming series has ended?
    Love the show :smile: [22:18]
  3. Destiny DLC #LEAKED [28:01]
  4. Batman Collection is Coming [28:50]
  5. GTA V Sold 65 Million Copies (Shipped) [29:35]
  6. Resident Evil 7 Returns To Its Horror Roots [34:19]
  7. PlayStation Knows You Want Crash Back [36:33]
  8. Techland Working On Two Projects [37:13]
  9. Why Star Wars Battlefront Has No Singleplayer Campaign [38:06]
  10. Hajime Tabata Talks About the Final Fantasy Disease [39:04]
  11. Battlefield 1 Gameplay Ideas [41:16]
  12. Rockstar Will Not Release A Game [31:08]
  13. Nioh Creators Team Ninja Using Feedback From the Demo [42:08]
  14. Wrap-Up [43:46]
Topic of the Show [1:01:04]
adtn64 - Hi Colin and Hi Greg,
PS4 The Franchise Eater :
I cant stop thinking about how PS4 is becoming the platform where franchises are coming to die. We saw Naughty Dog bid good bye to the amazing Uncharted series, we saw the last Metal Gear, Witcher, Dark Souls and Arkham Game. We probably played the last inFamous Killzone and I think the next Mass effect is also the last one ? I'm not sure about Mass effect. All of the games except Mass Effect (since it hasnt released) are awesome, so it felt like One Last time... for all of these games.
I'd like to know your thoughts on so many series finishing up in such proximity, and are there any that you'd dearly miss ? (apart from the obvious Uncharted)
I love the work you guys do and really respect your opinions.

Last edited:
Ugh man.. I'm fresh out of storage.. had to delete a bunch of things to be able to play UC4 :smh:

Need to upgrade to a 2TB HD asap, but I really don't like the idea of opening the system up and tinkering with things in there lol

You don't open it up. You literally just slide it in and out.

If you catch my drift

Oh, I'm definitely good at that :lol:

Thanks bro, I've never looked into doing the swap or watched a vid or anything. Now I need to find a decent priced HD.. :nerd:

Finally finished Uncharted last night. Hell of a game, lots of fun. Legit the first game I've actually finished in years. Only a couple complaints, but it wrapped up the story nicely and the action was lots of fun; challenging at some points. Cant imagine what Crushing difficulty would do to my patience. UC4, 7.5/8 :pimp:

anyone picking it up today?

i ordered it through BestBuy. $38 after tax with GCU and a $5 rewards. also comes with a voucher for the movie. cant wait to pick it up after work. :D

Then lets play BF4 then :lol:

I have been trying to rally you guys for a month now.

Imma freak out in a sec

Last edited:
IMO BF4 and Hardline are in there own separate worlds and shouldn't be compared too much.

That being said, i have significantly more time on BF4 played than Hardline.

Ugh man.. I'm fresh out of storage.. had to delete a bunch of things to be able to play UC4 :smh:

Need to upgrade to a 2TB HD asap, but I really don't like the idea of opening the system up and tinkering with things in there lol
I'm out of storage too after dl'ing Heavy Rain and Ratchet and Clank :smh:

I might pick up Hardline this weekend for $13.99 since it's the deluxe edition

Let me tell you about a game in the series called Battlefield 4.
You think BF4 is worse than Hardline?
Personally, I do. 

Single player is a huge component to me and I think Hardlines is much, much better than Bf4.

Multiplayer, I like that their are still vehicles, but they are less of a focus. 

Having alot of the gear and guns available sooner is also a much better idea. Map design is plus to me on Hardline.

I have also had zero technical difficulties on Hardline, which is most important to me.

If I am going to have a credible opinion on it, maybe I should re-download it and play the MP now that it has been apparently fixed.

I gave that game 12 months to correct itself, but it didnt. It gave me a bad taste. 

That said, you shouldn't have to wait for over a year to get a fix. And there is really no defending the single player. 

Back
Top Bottom