The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I didn't like the FFXV demo much at all, the battle system felt off to me..
mean.gif

A Final Fantasy game that's not turn-based isn't gonna feel like a Final Fantasy game
You guys may be interested in this quote taken a couple days ago from Takaizawa Masashi
 The equivalent to difficulty level settings in FFXV is a system where you can switch between different battle modes. By having this ability to switch modes, we want to make it so that both players who like action oriented, technical gameplay and also those who want to fight at a slower, more relaxed pace can all enjoy the combat in their own style. This switching system is a key part of the gameplay that we decided to introduce based on the feedback we received from the Episode Duscae demo. We will go into more detail about the system closer to the game’s launch so stay tuned for more information.
Now I dont know what the difficulty scaling is, but it is possible they are making a more turned based battle system.

Last edited:
You guys may be interested in this quote taken a couple days ago from Takaizawa Masashi

Now I dont know what the difficulty scaling is, but it is possible they are making a more turned based battle system.

Nice, that sounds intriguing..

A Final Fantasy game that's not turn-based isn't gonna feel like a Final Fantasy game

I don't dislike non-turnbased games, I've liked and played many of them.

I just thought that 15s battle system was a bit wonky and just felt weird overall.

Last edited:
I didn't like the FFXV demo much at all, the battle system felt off to me..
mean.gif
   I feel you; it felt clunky, too much hacking, and leveling up felt pointless.  The demo though is basically the beta of the battle system; Square said that we'll see the true gameplay in March so theres hope !

Didn't Hybrid  or a report detail that players could switch between action and turn based to battle before ?

I've always seen Final Fantasy as the most innovative JRPG series especially when it comes to combat and I'll be happy never seeing a turn based mainline FF ever again.

I agree with this quote from Nomura about FF7r

“We can’t have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn,” Nomura said.

“That would be bizarre. Of course there will likely be changes there.”

Not only do we have the tech to try out new things for the battle but I also personally think the better the graphics are, the less suited turn based combat is for the game. it just looks out of place

Final Fantasy character Lightning being welcomed into the Louis Vuitton ‘family’

View media item 1867879
Lightning, the heroic, pink-haired figure in cult game Final Fantasy was given a high-fashion makeover for her first modelling assignment, entering the Louis Vuitton galaxy and blurring the boundaries between reality and make-believe.

Lightning is the perfect avatar for a global, heroic woman and for a world where social networks and communications are now seamlessly woven into our life,” said the Frenchman, adding: “She is also the symbol of new pictorial processes. How can you create an image that goes beyond the classic principles of photography and design? Lightning heralds a new era of expression.

Now Lightning is speaking out about crossing over worlds (stay with us here, there's a Q&A which follows below). Some die-hard Final Fantasy fans may be up in arms that video game publisher Square Enix has allowed its heroine to be modelling for a fashion house, but the character says she 'feels' nothing but pride. In an exclusive Q&A released to The Telegraph by Louis Vuitton, Lightning discusses her new role and her journey of self-discovery.

What are your upcoming projects?

I’m currently winding down after a long journey. My days are peaceful; it’s what I’ve always dreamed of. I hope these days last a long time.

But I’m always looking to push myself, to better myself. Sometimes I get the urge to put my life on the line again and test my limits.

One day, not so far in the future, I will be out there again, in a world of strife. But I won’t be the same person I was before. I will return to my origins, like a Mobius strip, but it’ll be a new me, one who has evolved.

I look forward to the day we meet again.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/...ter-lightning-on-starring-in-louis-vuitton-c/

We interviewing video game characters now? I've officially seen it all :lol:

Also with that question anyone think we'll see Lightning in FFVII r with Don Corneo? :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
HATE that they are changing the battle system in FF7, but I'm sure I'm in the minority..

I pretty much dislike every update on the game so far lol. In my opinion they should leave the ATB system and they should not release the game in multiple installments.

Still my most anticipated game as of right now too 8)

Last edited:
Picked up the 20th anniversary controller couple days ago :pimp:

Been meaning to cop that, I've got a gift card to Target that I need to use

Yeah it's pretty sweet man. I've been meaning to get another controller for a while. I have the Darth Vader PS4 and controller so I wanted to get something different. They only had one left at Walmart saw it and copped instantly. Love the retro homage to the old systems that all had that grey color (PS1, Super Nintendo, Nintendo Cartridges, etc...)

HATE that they are changing the battle system in FF7, but I'm sure I'm in the minority..

I pretty much dislike every update on the game so far lol. In my opinion they should leave the ATB system and they should not release the game in multiple installments.

Still my most anticipated game as of right now too 8)

you're not.

Colin Moriarty has been very vocal about it. Wonder if anyone at Square has heard his opinions on this.

Still my most anticipated game as of right now too
glasses.gif
love the new fighting system not very fond of the multiple game installments though.

yeah not feeling the multiple games either. By today's standards, FFVII isn't that big of a game. Its not The Witcher 3 or MGS for that matter. Are they saying they are adding sooooo much content that it can't fit all on a blu-ray? or are they saying it would take too much time?

If its a time issue, why did they announce it so early then? Why not wait til it was closer to completion to announce the remake?

Last edited:
yeah not feeling the multiple games either. By today's standards, FFVII isn't that big of a game. Its not The Witcher 3 or MGS for that matter. Are they saying they are adding sooooo much content that it can't fit all on a blu-ray? or are they saying it would take too much time?

If its a time issue, why did they announce it so early then? Why not wait til it was closer to completion to announce the remake?

I agree with all of this...

I can't imagine finishing Disc 1 (or however they handle the installments) and having to wait to kill myself 100 times at the Great Glacier until the next "disc" drops :smh:

I think it's a bit of both. They are definitely adding more content as we saw with Cloud running around Midgar. Also turning all those unique 2D pre rendered backgrounds into 3D without a camera would probably take a long time.

View media item 1868001
View media item 1868002
View media item 1868003
View media item 1868004
View media item 1868005
All this would have to be redone in 3D.

A lot of the newer games use a lot of tricks to reuse assets and textures but remaking an old JRPG like VII without slacking on the quality or content while adding more is no small task.
Makes sense when you compare the PS1 FF's to something like FFXIII. World map, more enemy variety, locations , summons, mini games, characters etc but as soon as we reached the HD era and a lot of these things took a hit because of the time required to make them with a high fidelity

I cold be wrong. I haven't played The Witcher 3 or MGSV so maybe Hybrid can shed some light into it but I don't think SE are splitting it into multiple disks to get more money.
I'm not sure if it can fit into one blu-ray . FFXIII's audio and cutscenes were uncompressed on the PS3 and used almost the full 50GB IIRC but then they were able to compress it to fit into a few DVD's on the 360. Still, though this would be a much bigger game so its hard to say.

All depends on how ambitious they are IMO.

They should just release the whole project with 3 discs in one case just like psx :smokin

I just wish to get a complete game all at once. I don't want to have to wait. Also wish they would have not announced til it was almost complete. Like pull a Fallout 4. Fallout 4 was announced at E3 and released the following November. Hate these super early announcements that have you waiting like Final Fantasy 15 and The Last Guardian.

Still my most anticipated game as of right now too
glasses.gif
you're not.

Colin Moriarty has been very vocal about it. Wonder if anyone at Square has heard his opinions on this.
He is very negative on the entire series after IX. I respect his opinion on alot of RPG's and games in general, but he does seem to foster a bitterness toward SE.

Not that it is unwarranted looking back at their portfolio the passed decade plus, but he is the last guy going to give VII Remake or XV a chance.

Back
Top Bottom