The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Phil Spencer might as well throw Halo and Gears to PS4
we both know psn servers couldn't handle those games. I've only played a couple games of the gears remaster, how are the gears servers?
I can't really compare. I don't really have issues with PSN or XBL (other than a couple days ago, XBL was down) for the most part. I do have issues with games every now and then but the last one was probably MCC. If it can handle Star Wars and CoD both which probably have more players than Halo and Gears combined, those games could probably run just fine on PS4.

***just FYI, it was a joke. I wouldn't even want Gears on anything other than Xbox. I could care less about Halo.

^ and Destiny

Played the SFV beta and the Brazil theme got me shaking a leg :lol:

I won a couple of matches with Ken. Game is a lot of fun.

SF V beta yesterday was buns.  I don't know what happened, but I couldn't get a single match in.  Can't even play any other time this weekend.  Oh well.  Still waiting for that MadCatz FightPad Pro and 2/16/20

There are 2 10 hour maintenance periods in the beta schedule.

It could have been during that. I tried to check it out but got no where too while yesterday on stream and this morning, Pr Balrog, Infiltration and Gootecks were getting match after match.

Chun-Li thick af!

Pretty sure this gets asked constantly.. :lol: but any deals out for Christmas for the console?

Not really. An unfortunate side effect of the PS4 selling so well is that it doesn't really motivate Sony to cut the price.

Most deals you will find will be the console + games or accessories. 

Pretty sure this gets asked constantly..
laugh.gif
but any deals out for Christmas for the console?
got one yesterday for 285 shipped from newegg free 3 day shipping

Last edited:
I can't really compare. I don't really have issues with PSN or XBL (other than a couple days ago, XBL was down) for the most part. I do have issues with games every now and then but the last one was probably MCC. If it can handle Star Wars and CoD both which probably have more players than Halo and Gears combined, those games could probably run just fine on PS4.

***just FYI, it was a joke. I wouldn't even want Gears on anything other than Xbox. I could care less about Halo.
i was referring to the ability to offer dedicated servers. We're still waiting on name changes. Thankfully I sold my ps3 the week I had it. Back in 2008. Or else my psn would be LRG IS LEGIT.

Dodged a bullet.

i was referring to the ability to offer dedicated servers. We're still waiting on name changes. Thankfully I sold my ps3 the week I had it. Back in 2008. Or else my psn would be LRG IS LEGIT.

Dodged a bullet.

LRG IS LEGIT ...I'm dead...that's where the 47 in my gamer tags comes from

Dodged a bullet.
What do name changes have to do with the servers? :lol:

Sony does need to figure something out tho, I been wanting to change mine for awhile.

I just platted Uncharted 1. There were a few parts that I don't remember being that damn hard :lol:

LRG IS LEGIT ...I'm dead...that's where the 47 in my gamer tags comes from
Weebay.jpg

LRG IS LEGIT was my xbox gamertag too, till I changed it. Hell, my cod4 clan tag was lrg* I think it still is.

I lied. Just checked my psn history.

I initially owned a ps3 from 12/7/08-3/20/2009
What do name changes have to do with the servers?
laugh.gif

Sony does need to figure something out tho, I been wanting to change mine for awhile.
We're just comparing online network capabilities no?

I don't think any $ony games have dedicated servers.

Tony Hawk pro skater 5 somehow has dedicated servers.

My ps4 hdd got bricked by one of the updates. my ps4 warranty expires 12/23. I've already installed a 2tb.

My ps4 works just fine, but the stock hdd is corrupted.

Is it worth it to send it in with the corrupt hdd or am I taking a gamble?

Last edited:
Logged on to the SFV beta for the first time tonight and I can't even get into a single match. Keep getting the "waiting for your opponent" screen. wtf. The beta is only for this weekend right?

Last edited:
Go into Training/Practice and you can actually do something til they find you a match. I did about 3 matches tonight.

We're just comparing online network capabilities no?
I don't think any $ony games have dedicated servers.

Tony Hawk pro skater 5 somehow has dedicated servers.

Where are you getting this from? Sony has lots of games with dedicated servers, even from last gen. Gran Turismo, Motorstorm, MLB, Driveclub, MAG, Resistance, DC Universe, Planetside 2 etc

MS is offering dedicated servers to third party devs because they have the infrastructure in Azure is what the article is saying.

Dedicated servers is not something new or something exclusive to MS. EA has their own servers for Star Wars and Activition has their own for Black Ops 3.

The PR MS had at the beginning of this gen was the ability to subsidize their servers for your games if you wanted.

[rule]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom