The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I'll be invading a base, while PSN is down for maintenance. Enjoy!
Good thing Uncharted Collection won't need PSN
smokin.gif
:frown: but i wanna party chat with you bro lol

random but is there anywhere I can buy a ps2 memory cards with alot of memory at a good price?

Don't buy off brand memory cards. You can check eBay for used lots of memory cards. All you need is a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts and you're good.

Those cheap off brand memory cards with 100x the space of the official ones have a bad rep of corrupting or deleting your save files. I had a cheap one and I lost all my saves. :smh:

good looks on the info

No problem. Just looking out. Don't want anyone to lose important saves, especially if it's a long game.

also, whats FF Tactics War of the Lions?
PSP remake of the PS1 FF tactics I believe
Ok cool, wasn't sure if i needed to get both, now i can just stick to one.  I'll youtube the differences later after work
It's really just some FMV's and maybe an added mission or two. It also added multiplayer via AdHoc

I play the original simply because I can play it on my PS3.

EDIT

Actually, there are alot more changes than I thought. I cut any that had spoilers out.
Changes from the original version are as follows:
  • A new translation  in a medieval-like style, changing the names or spelling of many characters, places, abilities, jobs and monsters to be clearer, to sound better in English or to be consistent with other Ivalice Alliance  games, such as spelling "magic" as "magick" and using the term Auracite  to refer to the Zodiac Stones. This means that some names' pronunciations no longer match their katakana.
  •  
  • Dialogue when using abilities such as Magicks and Sword Skills was removed for the US and EU versions of War of the Lions, but not the Japanese version.
  • War of the Lions uses a calendar based on the Zodiac instead of the Gregorian calendar, e.g. Capricorn 10 instead of January 1.
  • All glitches  present in the original PS1 version have been fixed in War of the Lions.
  • Oil status (inflicted by Bombs  and all its variants), which had no effect in the original game, now works: it doubles Fire damage received.
  • The Unyielding Blade skills  used by MeliadoulFolmarv  and Orlandeau  now damage enemies even if they're not using the appropriate type of equipment, including monsters, although they still fail against enemies with the Safeguard  skill.
  • Some scenes are now cel-shaded cutscenes, including the opening and ending sequences, which were CG movies in the original version. Voice acting was added to these for the English translation.
  • The "Job Demonstration" and "Lion War" sequences found in the original version by waiting at the title screen are not present inWar of the Lions.
  • Remastered soundtrack.
  • 16:9 display.
  • Two new generic jobs: Onion Knight  and Dark Knight.
  •  
  •  
  • Wireless multiplayer.
  • Additional items.
  • Additional battles and events.
  • Some status effects have new icons.
  • More space for characters in the party roster. Whilst the player could only have 16 characters at one time in the original, it is now expanded to 24.
  • Many contents of the original English version  were tweaked or modified in order to make the game easier for the north-american audience. In all versions of War of the Lions, however, these contents have been reverted back to the original Japanese version, which include:
    • The difficulty of some battles (enemy AI and equipment) are harder now.
    • Stat growth for Ramza  and other special job characters (including Delita  and Argath  in Chapter 1) was slightly higher (making them much stronger than normal enemies), but now it has been adjusted to match other generic characters.
    • Unlocking jobs and certain skills now costs more JP. For instance, while the original "Hamedo" cost 1,200 JP, "First Strike" costs 1,300, and, most notably, Fly in the original versions cost 1,000 JP, but in War of the Lions cost 5,000.
  • The lack of the software from the PS1 that optimizes the sound effects makes some of them sound different (in a slightly inferior quality).
  • When skills (most notably Magick and Sword Skill) and monster attacks are performed, the game slows down to to 15 frames per second (half its normal speed).

Last edited:
Lol Smellson

5 and a half hours into FF VII. Game is way more pervy than i thought lol. Going from FFX HD to P4G to this was certainly jarring at first. Both on a graphics and control standpoint.

Post SNES games simply don't have that timeless look. I think at this point graphics are at a place where the games will still look great 10 years out and won't be as hard to come back to.

Anyway... i am getting into a groove and finally immersed in the game. FFX spoiled me i was shocked that my life and magic didn't replenish at save points. The story is interesting and i like the characters so far. Getting used to how materia works. The battle sequences are mighty fast. Need to be more on top if things.

It's funny sometimes i feel super jealous of people who haven't seen like the greatest movies ever because i watched so many of them at a young age and will never have that experienceof just hit after hit and hit. But this is basically what I an doing from an RPG angle.

It's funny

I love FF7 & FFX...

BLITZBALL SEASON IS AROUND THE CORNER!!!

The boys at Square need to use all that experience from Rocket League and make a standalone Blitzball game :nerd:

Yea, I am extremely jealous.

Although, you'll never have to worry about coming across some trash and not having the internet to warn you away from it. 
laugh.gif

Guardian's Crusade. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
You can game vicariously through me haha

Yeah thata the best part on two fronts. One i get to search out the best RPG's with almost no fail.

And two while i am spending all this time playing the best the genre has to offer and finishing up my ps3 gaming with the persona arena games, south park, ico collection, dishonered, peace walker, Catherine etc...Plus persona 5 and MGS5 on ps3 if i choose. So while that goes on i am building my eventual PS4 library with PS plus games and will get to choose from the best reviewed games when i finally get a PS4

The only thing that sucks is i can spend like an hour on games a day max. Now that i can afford everything i have no time to play lol

Last edited:
Last edited:
I guess ill be the only who doesnt care much for RE2, I rather see a new RE that incorporates some of elements of P.T.

One thing I dislike about RL is the moment I have a open path for a shot, my teammate gets greedy and bumps me. So freaking frustrating.

Then some dude had the nerve to say I sucked and I scored 5 straight for the come back win. Haters!

Is the new battle system in the current games hard to play? I'm worried that the new battle system in the FF7 remake will turn me away from the game.

Is the new battle system in the current games hard to play? I'm worried that the new battle system in the FF7 remake will turn me away from the game.

I really don't want them to change the battle system. They need to keep it ATB style.. :smh:

Only FF I had trouble with understanding everything about the battle system was FF8 when it came out. All the others I've played have been fine.

I really don't want them to change the battle system. They need to keep it ATB style.. :smh:
They already said they're going to change it but it won't be something completely different.

Chocobo Hot and Cold is probably hated by many, but I love that game. 
laugh.gif
 That and Tetra Master had my IX playthroughs lasting twice as long.

What :lol:

Mini games are some of the best parts. I remember being blown away by the mini bike game.

It's going to be glorious in the remake.

Even the game they released for phones doesn't look half bad for a time waster.

Triple Triad also. :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom