The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Played Final Fantasy Tactics this passed week for the 131234124th time. 

I forget every time how good this damn game is. 
mean.gif

I need this series revived. I NEED IT.
For the 3ds tho
Nintendo have Advance and A2. Good games for their demo, but I want a true sequel/prequel on console. 
Would just rather play it on the go

Some nice rpg options in this sale
 The NA PSN Store updated with new sales themed on Capcom's and Square Enix's titles :D

For the Capcom Sale, the following games are on sale:
-DmC: Devil May Cry PS3: 11.99
-DmC: Definitive Edition (PS4): 23.99
-DmC Ultimate Editions (PS3; all DLC included): 16.99
-DmC: Vergils Downfall (PS3; extra story mode with playable Vergil): 4.49
-DMC4 Special Edition (PS4): 18.99
-DMC HD Collection (PS3): 9.99

For the Square Enix sale, the following games are on sale:
-FFIV: The Complete Collection (PSP/Vita): 9.99
-Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP/Vita): 9.99
-Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX (PS3/PSP/Vita): 4.99 - PS TV
-Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross (PS3/PSP/Vita): 4.99 - PS TV
-Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP/Vita): 9.99 - PS TV
-Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP/Vita): 4.99 - PS TV
-Final Fantasy III (PSP/Vita): 9.99 - PS TV
-Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3): 9.99
-Final Fantasy VI (PS3/PSP/Vita): 4.99 - PS TV
-Final Fantasy Origins (FFI and FFII; PS3/PSP/Vita): 4.99 - PS TV
-Final Fantasy V (PS3/PSP/Vita): 4.99 - PS TV
-Legend of Mana (PS3/PSP/PS Vita): 2.99
-Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen (PS3/PSP; Not PS3->Vita Transferable): 5.99
-Front Mission 3 (PS3/PSP/Vita): 2.99 - PS TV
-Lord of Arcana (PSP/Vita): 9.99 
-The 3rd Birthday (PSP/Vita): 9.99
-Drakengard 3 (PS3): 19.99
-Crystal Defenders PS3/PSP: 4.99 per version
-Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy (PSP/Vita): 19.99 - PS TV
-Elevator Action Deluxe (PS3): 4.99
-Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3): 14.99
-Xenogears (PS3/PSP/PS Vita): 9.99
-Final Fantasy Tactics (PS3/PSP/PS Vita): 4.99
-Vagrant Story (PS3/PSP/PS Vita): 2.99
-Threads of Fate (PS3/PSP/PS Vita): 5.99
-Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3): 14.99
-Moon Diver (PS3): 7.49
-Parasite Eve I and II (PS3/PSP/PS Vita): 2.99 (PE1 isn't on the PSN Store for some reason; no link to buy the game. Should be on soon though)
-Thexder Neo PS3/PSP: 4.99 per version

Main Points
  • [Events] has been added to the main menu. From a PlayStation-related events list, you can now discover, participate, and view events.
  • [Community] has been added to the [Friends] menu. [Community] is a feature that lets you find close players with similar preferences and interests. You can create a new community or join a previously established community. Through the community, you can get into games and parties, and discuss common interests.
  • In [Now Playing], users will see a list of what users are playing, and from that list can easily start a game or form a party. You can also request to view a user’s gameplay. [Now Playing] has been added to What’s New, [Friends], [Community], and [Messages].
  • [Messages] have been improved. You can view the [Now Playing] of other users, as well as easily start a party. Additionally, you can also add favorite groups to your favorites list.
  • It is now possible to broadcast using YouTube.
  • It is now possible to upload video clips to Twitter. (10 seconds maximum.)

• [Live from PlayStation] has been improved. Not only does it support broadcasts, it now supports video clips and screenshots.
Settings

• In [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Automatic Scroll Speed] it is now possible to change the speed of automatic scrolling.
  • In [Settings] > [Notifications], “Community Items,” “Gameplay Viewing Requests,” “Events,” and “Current Song” have been added.
Miscellaneous

• You can now comment on What’s New activity feed items.
  • [Stamps] have been added to [Messages], allowing for more enjoyable communication with friends.
  • [PlayStation Plus] has been added to the main menu. Here, you can get the latest information on the Instant Game Collection and member discounts.
  • The Blu-ray Disc/DVD player now supports accessibility features. The scope of other accessibility features have been improved.
  • You can now set game start-up restrictions while viewing its age information and rating icon.
  • You can now create a child’s use sub-account from the user selection screen by selecting [New User].
  • From [Settings] > [Parental Controls], you can now set a service to block harmful websites from being displayed. (There is a separate fee to use this service.)

• Excited about community, new features for share and YouTube broadcasting.

The E3 YouTube stream was flawless for me and the leaked video of the app on Kotaku showed that they are going all in.

Can't wait for this to drop

• So "Community" is PlayStation Home? :8

Ps4 controller been tripping today, inconsistent input and laggy. :frown:

EDIT: Did a controller reset and still trippy.

Last edited:
Got a diablo 3 vibe from this game.

Which is a fantastic game.

oct 27th xb1/ps4

never played tactics. might be my next PSN cop. 

Couldn't get into blood borne but had the patience to do the witcher. 

about 5 hours in...pretty interesting...its got my interest. 

I'm apparently more interested than i thought.... I keep dreaming about spells and stuff... its bugging me

random but is there anywhere I can buy a ps2 memory cards with alot of memory at a good price?
Don't buy off brand memory cards. You can check eBay for used lots of memory cards. All you need is a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts and you're good.

Those cheap off brand memory cards with 100x the space of the official ones have a bad rep of corrupting or deleting your save files. I had a cheap one and I lost all my saves.
mean.gif
good looks on the info
What theme y'all use on your ps4?

Do y'all just go default?
red 24/7

I love final fantasy games more than life and I don't like Tactics.. I own the psx game and I've tried to play it a dozen times, but I just can't get with the grid battle system...

I really, really want to like it, everyone always speaks so highly of it :smh:

Capcom confirms that RE 2 is being remade, currently in development for PS4/XB1/PC.

Back
Top Bottom