The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I notice the same too. It feels like they let you use bots now. Everything we try to avoid here. Everyone is getting away with it now. Different IP check out, all bots are working fine, Meg took a long vacation, and never came back.

Nike silently hears everyone, I'm right on with you, it's going to get shut down fast.
its strange that it just stop right when all the limited/hype releases stop.. RSVP has dwindled down to maybe once a month.. just feels like they got changes coming all at once.. 

They can't be making too many changes at least to their site... Remember that they have other markets to cater to, not just sneakersheads. 

Looks like we can add with one IP and check out with another. Looks like everyone is starting an add to cart service now.
They've always allowed you to do that then they clamped down hard a couple weeks ago.

If you are going to use a service your better off with someone that does it for a couple people vs some of these sites that add 100 pairs to cart from 1 ip.
i now see why everyone is getting caught on GS sizes and i'm not

Last edited:
so you've always differentiated your keywords with "lebron men" or "jordan men?"

it wasn't necessary til recently.

so you've always differentiated your keywords with "lebron men" or "jordan men?"

it wasn't necessary til recently.
Your bot should be able to check if the size you want is available and if not it should go back to listening for additional tweets.

The size groups being listed in the "now available" tweets isn't likely going to be in every release tweet. You should be able to discard a tweet that says "Grade School" or "GS".

The size groups being listed in the "now available" tweets isn't likely going to be in every release tweet. You should be able to discard a tweet that says "Grade School" or "GS".
This too, there should be a multitude of ways for GS tweets to not be an issue.

that is a promising workaround.

all this has be wondering about the DB drop.

whether they will do 1 tweet that will redirect you to all the shoes, or tweet 1 link for each shoe that redirects you to that shoe's men's and gs sizes, or if they will tweet each link out individually for each shoe in men's and gs sizes.

guess the only safe bet is to account for all possible variations at this point...

Basically. I thought everyones bot already had the check to make sure its mens i guess i was wrong 
laugh.gif

Basically. I thought everyones bot already had the check to make sure its mens i guess i was wrong :lol:

Im sure all the programmers got their bot fix. It's the majority with the free extension that's messing up with GS.

They've always allowed you to do that then they clamped down hard a couple weeks ago.
If you are going to use a service your better off with someone that does it for a couple people vs some of these sites that add 100 pairs to cart from 1 ip.

I was planning to do it for my cousin since he can never get a pair himself. Since Nike is being so nice lately, I might help him out now. The last month cancel wave threw me off that's why I stop helping him. Guess ill see what happen.

I wanted the FI's more than anything besides the championship pack so I was almost about to give in to using a bot(whether buying it or creating my own) but was just too scared of Meg(the poster who talked to her and said she knew about mouse movements and such ultimately made me decide not to), it would be too much of a hassle for me to workaround a ban. 

As someone who got in manually for the first time ever and has only done it manually, I have a question about bots.  Do they add straight to cart immediately since it's so fast or is there still a wait in line time?

Also how was it possible for me to get a pair, because I even clicked the gs link by accident and checked the sizes and had a second of wtf and then F! me go through my head before going back to click the right link and only waited on line for around 4-5 seconds. I would have expected to wait in line forever and not get the shoe for a mistake like that, was it really just that most bots tripped up on the GS link?

My first reaction besides WHOO! was happiness that the only way possible I got a pair was meg found a way to catch all bots and only let manual users in
embarassed.gif
.  Sadly that dumb reasoning was put to an end after reading twitter for a few seconds .  

I wanted the FI's more than anything besides the championship pack so I was almost about to give in to using a bot(whether buying it or creating my own) but was just too scared of Meg(the poster who talked to her and said she knew about mouse movements and such ultimately made me decide not to), it would be too much of a hassle for me to workaround a ban. 

As someone who got in manually for the first time ever and has only done it manually, I have a question about bots.  Do they add straight to cart immediately since it's so fast or is there still a wait in line time?

Also how was it possible for me to get a pair, because I even clicked the gs link by accident and checked the sizes and had a second of wtf and then F! me go through my head before going back to click the right link and only waited on line for around 4-5 seconds. I would have expected to wait in line forever and not get the shoe for a mistake like that, was it really just that most bots tripped up on the GS link?

My first reaction besides WHOO! was happiness that the only way possible I got a pair was meg found a way to catch all bots and only let manual users in:wow: .  Sadly that dumb reasoning was put to an end after reading twitter for a few seconds .  

Add to cart bot won't help with your wait in line. Page load time will. There is no evidence to suggest (that I've seen) that the line actually goes in order.

My bot grabbed the GS size also, but it happened with the laneys too, so I just set up another computer with tweet deck and clicked the correct link on that one and copped pretty easy, I'm a dummy when it comes to code but I would think you could add a couple of lines to tell it to ignore links with the words GS or grade school. 

I do have the add keyword option I used "Forging Iron". I try to keep my keyword short and simple, have to be careful because if I don't enter the exact text Nike tweets I think it will ignore the tweet altogether. 

they're snapbacks so there shouldn't be a size. i was just playing around with the hat bot. i see that the duckstore has all these hats for sale individually except for 2. 350 is pretty insane for hats.

Add to cart bot won't help with your wait in line. Page load time will. There is no evidence to suggest (that I've seen) that the line actually goes in order.
The best bots have no lines on GR's and minimal lines on limited releases(15-60 seconds).

If I see a wait longer than that then I know I'm not getting the shoes(Champ Pack).

Not to say that a pair can't or won't drop out of someones cart but that would just be dumb luck and who uses a bot for that.

[thread="565593"] [/thread]

The best bots have no lines on GR's and minimal lines on limited releases(15-60 seconds).
If I see a wait longer than that then I know I'm not getting the shoes(Champ Pack).
Not to say that a pair can't or won't drop out of someones cart but that would just be dumb luck and who uses a bot for that.

Wouldn't necessarily be dumb luck... the dropped order prolly goes to next in line... the bot put you next in line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't necessarily be dumb luck... the dropped order prolly goes to next in line... the bot put you next in line.
Like method said theres no evidence that the line past a certain point is actually a line.  What I mean is that I believe all the line does is continually attempt to add your size to cart in the background at some predetermined interval.  I admittedly have no proof one way or the other as to how it really works, just a thought based on my experiences.

Who knows though, it'd be nice to think there was an actual line.

Like method said theres no evidence that the line past a certain point is actually a line.  What I mean is that I believe all the line does is continually attempt to add your size to cart in the background at some predetermined interval.  I admittedly have no proof one way or the other as to how it really works, just a thought based on my experiences.

Not theory. Theres a queue.

Every 15 seconds. They check against inventory. The whole system is pretty stupid IMO. There is a queue and you can see your place in line.
I think people got wrong information in this thread -- once i really got down to it figuring out a system to not get banned is pretty easy. We will see in the coming days if my theory is correct and works on large scale checkouts.

They're gonna close that down ASAP.

Lets see how far it will go cause one site has a lot of successful claims from people. The second is coming along beta testing. If they're succeed then Nike went soft.

Trust me Nike isn't going soft. They always been soft. My system has been in the pipeline since before this thread was even started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom