The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Do the matches normally run that late? :lol:
No. There’s always one men’s match and one women’s match on Ashe during the evening session. Usually they are supposed to begin at like 7ish.

The day session went long though, so Tiafoe match didn’t start til just before 8 I think. Then that match went 3 hours.

Yep, it's kinda ridiculous that players have to play past midnight... some even having have to start their match close to midnight, but that's how it goes with matches... can be 90 mins... can be 4hrs for 3 out of 5 sets.

They don’t care and will never care. I remember watching the US Open with Pete and Dre going well past midnight because of rain delays which at least they finally fixed that. To be honest, most of these major tournaments are turning into a joke because of scheduling, poor facilities (French open), inhumane conditions (OZ Open), rain delays (Wimbledon) and just rude and disrespectful fans ( US Open). The Woz match had to be delayed in the first set because the building that had the Hawkeye system had an alarm so they had to delay play. I still love tennis but the majors are becoming more and more of a joke every year.

Felt like Logan Paul had a lot of unforced errors. Was missing a lot of easy shots. Basically gave away the first set.

Was only scoreboard watching, but looked like Badosa really choked that loss. Was playing well leading up to the USO, too.

Yikes.

It was great to be back at the Open again, congrats Sinner Sinner

PXL_20240903_010604995.jpg

Grigor's legs are gone. Walking gingerly.
Def tweaked something.
Don't see how he can finish this.

1725421382295.png

I was only able to scoreboard watch, but I'm super happy for my girl JPeg! It's dope to have an American in both US Open singles finals.

Didn't watch any of the semis (cuz of the time diff), but did not expect the Iga result! But then again, she's been a bit inconsistent over the past few months, so I suppose we shouldn't be that surprised.

But good run for Muchova after all her injuries.

Surely, I'm the favorite now. Thank you for your support, my fans.

OMG it is all happening now.

Sinner may have injured his wrist.
Draper can't keep his stomach in check.

TWO trainers out.

I knew Fritz would win before the match started but as I was watching I really thought Francis had a shot but nope smh

Back
Top Bottom