The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

That section of the draw will be wide open... especially if Ana loses to Cibulkova (first match on Ashe, btw).

Now I'm hoping for a rematch of last year's semifinal between Serena and Makarova. How great would it be to see Serena have to go through Steffi's doppelganger to get the calendar slam.
laugh.gif

Hopefully Serena doesn't let the nerves get to her. I really want her to win but if she doesn't, I want her to lose playing well rather than lose playing poorly.

In a way, I'm not surprised... Domi has the quality.  Again, injuries took her out for a long time.  Tough 1st round opponent.

Tragic stuff by Kei right now. 

Forgot how cute Puig was. It's around 90 degrees today. This humid heat must be torture.

Kei has had a calf issue, but he had his chances (and MP's) in the 4th TB.  Couldn't convert.

Benoit stepped it up big-time in the 5th... well done. 

Damn, Vee.
mean.gif
Heading to a third now.

JJ out early. She was in Masha's section, too... Disappointing loss for her after having a solid hard court season this year.

Sloane is slowly becoming the female version of the tennis player from France. Until she starts living up to her talent I will refer to her as the African American Female Tennis Player Not Named Williams.

Last edited:
How is this girl a pro with that weird, flat-footed serve? That's how we would serve in gym class.

Back
Top Bottom