The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Bencic forces a third set against the world number 1. The spirit of Venus Williams has taken over Serena again.
laugh.gif
10 double faults and only 45% of her first serves in.

Last edited:
Serena just needs matches and to work with Mackie to up her fitness. These pre US Open tournaments are just practice to get ready for the big one.

The next Swiss Miss! Impressive performance from Bencic.

Wins over Bouchard, Wozniacki, Lisicki, Ivanovic and now Serena at the Rogers Cup... Wow. Definitely think she can crack the Top 10 this year if she keeps up this kind of play.

Last edited:
Halep is such a fighter. The war goes on into a third set.

Don't even care about that much about the Nole/Murray final. We all know who's gonna win.

EDIT: Welp, Halep retires down 0-3 in the third.

Last edited:
Good fight by Simona... but had nothing left.  Belinda shoulda had it in straights, but had a bit of a brainfreeze in the 2nd.  Needed to stop hitting the ball back to an injured opponent.  But what a run by Belinda... Genie, Caro, BoomBoom, Ana, Serena & Simona... then gets Kerber in R1 of Cincy. LOL.

They are riding Bencic pretty hard after this win. "She could be the next #1!" LMAO! Relax guys.
It's well deserved. She beat two GS champs and four GS finalist on her way to the title. I'm not saying she's going to win the US Open, but it's obvious that she really has been playing well this season. Swiss tennis is looking very good on the women's side with Baelinda (no typo) and Timea.

Don't even care about that much about the Nole/Murray final. We all know who's gonna win.
...Or maybe not.

Great final so far... too many #Djokosmash's though! 

EDIT

Clutch serving by Muzz in this 3rd set.  

EDIT

What a match!  Amazing stuff by Muzz. 

Last edited:
And Murray ends his losing streak against the Djoker. 11th Masters title for Muzz. That 17 minute game was great.

I really think Djokovic should consider pulling from Cincy. He's been playing a lot of tennis on that bad elbow. I'm sure he wasn't expecting to get to the semis in doubles.

I thought ua made murray shoes already? I saw his match with nishikori and he was still wearing some blue adidas. adidas must make some solid tennis sneakers since i've never seen novak in a different shoe brand and murray keeps wearing them.

Last edited:
I thought ua made murray shoes already? I saw his match with nishikori and he was still wearing some blue adidas. adidas must make some solid tennis sneakers since i've never seen novak in a different shoe brand and murray keeps wearing them.

He was in UA for grass court season but back to his trusty barricades for hard court as tough on his ankles that he is very sensitive about. UA have more shoes for him in testing now.

Dunno what UA's deal is... but basically, they just replicated the Barricades... and probably made them lighter. 

Andy+Murray+2015+French+Open+Day+Eleven+Eg1K36PJUkIx.jpg

Andy+Murray+2015+French+Open+Day+Nine+oWYQIRt1Fuox.jpg

Andy+Murray+Great+Britain+v+France+Davis+Cup+TxViHk8Abbhx.jpg

Andy+Murray+Day+Two+Championships+Wimbledon+p7Hnitje4pKx.jpg

Andy+Murray+Great+Britain+v+France+Davis+Cup+gfcLCwUVj6Gx.jpg

Andy+Murray+Great+Britain+v+France+Davis+Cup+RtX3sg2lCdhx.jpg

Andy+Murray+Citi+Open+Day+3+GquwWwBOQf3x.jpg

Andy+Murray+Rogers+Cup+Montreal+Day+5+zHduP8qvDrqx.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, UA...
mean.gif

That face you make when you find out about the US Open Series Bonus...

I think she might've misunderstood the whole thing, though.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ol girl wins another match...!

Really reminds me of Seles...

Western+Southern+Open+Day+3+FmmvtYdVnC3x.jpg

Interesting new c/w... don't think they're selling it... not yet anyway...

Western+Southern+Open+Day+3+_OUxrRGrUuux.jpg

It's like that berry something color they were putting on basketball shoes a few years ago.

laugh.gif

@TennisTV
Stan #Wawrinka's magic shorts - gone but not forgotten!

CMyBZTSW8AAoZ3B.jpg:large

Last edited:
Apparently, NK hasn't apologized in person to Stan or Donna.  The guy still probably thinks he did nothing wrong. 
eyes.gif

He should just beat him up the next time he sees him.

Stan won't. He doesn't want those kind of problems and at his age he doesn't want to waste his prime answering questions about or dealing with Scumbag Nickolas.

Paire just hit a volley winner vs Nole... sitting on his a** 
laugh.gif

EDIT

And has burned a hole straight through his left shoe... there's blood on his sock. 
sick.gif

20716478365_cde9a91e8f_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom