The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

*removes foot from mouth* I didn't expect Rafa to get this far. I hope he loses to Novak and Tsonga wins it all in his back yard. (I'm not counting on this.)

Ana+Ivanovic+2015+French+Open+Day+Eight+7k3p9BJrKB6x.jpg

Lucie will be a tough out. I thought she'd follow up her win against Maria with a dud but she totally outplayed Mugza. Congrats to Ana for making it this far.

Last edited:
Federer lost in straight sets.

:smh: @ crowd booing at Wawrinka for winning the match.

Great match from Wawrinka

Lucie's been playing ridiculous tennis... and I think she owned Ana in their last meeting... that lefty shot with power... tough to beat.  

Still... Ana reaching the SF's is more than what I could ask for, I guess.   Her first slam SF since... 2008! 

mean.gif
@ crowd booing at Wawrinka for winning the match.
I hate crap like that.  
mean.gif

It was (almost) the same during last year's SF between Fed & Cilic.  Cilic was blasting the ball left and right, only to receive scattered applause (at best) from the crowd... they even cheered wildly on his UFE's and DF's... 
mean.gif
 @ these "tennis fans".  

The French Open fans are notoriously classless. I'm not trying to lump everyone in the same boat but they are the rudest fans of all the majors.

Tsonga chokes bad in the third set. :lol:

Today,'s match, Kei reminds me so much of Eiichiro Maruo from Baby Steps manga. Play terrible in early sets, and then pull an incredible comeback set to keep his game alive.

The French Open fans are notoriously classless. I'm not trying to lump everyone in the same boat but they are the rudest fans of all the majors.

It's really sad.

Incredible. Tsonga is choking badly. Kei's offense looking much better now.

Looks like Jo-Willy has found his game in the final set. Kei is probably praying for another break from "roof".

^just about to say this. Jo-wili got his mojo back and kei's is all gone. Kei showed a lot of heart though

Damn Federer.... Straight sets too.

I'm not even mad at Tsonga winning. Fan of Kei, but I think Tsonga is a pretty cool dude and I like his game at times.

damb stan aint playin straight sets... im hyped about tomorrow but worried rafa streak will end and catch that 2nd L at roland garros :smh:

Last edited:
I think Ana has a chance to get to the final. She is getting better each match and momentum with her. Finally playing as good as she looks finally, since 08.

Thought the Kai Tsonga match would be closer.

Big day tomorrow

Last edited:
Welp, there's always Wimbledon...

My alarms will be set tomorrow. ESPN better not miss a single second of the match, lol. My prediction: Nole in four.

Also, it's nice to see some different names pop up in this thread.
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom