The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

I respect Vee so much. I've followed her and I've been a huge fan before Serena came along. She's an inspiration and she can still beat anyone on a given day but I think she keeps playing for Serena's sake. Serena won't keep playing if Vee retires and like older siblings do, Venus wants to stick around so Serena can catch Steffi.

This was pretty cool... Murray cheered on his fellow Brit, 19yo Kyle Edmund, from the stands... 

Andy+Murray+2015+French+Open+Day+Two+DM-AbqB67D5x.jpg

I respect Vee so much. I've followed her and I've been a huge fan before Serena came along. She's an inspiration and she can still beat anyone on a given day but I think she keeps playing for Serena's sake. Serena won't keep playing if Vee retires and like older siblings do, Venus wants to stick around so Serena can catch Steffi.

I still watch the Wimbledon 08 final every now and then. Venus laid the smack down on Serena from start to finish. It it one of the best displays on a grass court that I've ever seen. I remember being mad when Serena got a major before Venus. When I was a kid Venus had dumb hype before she ever went pro.

I still watch the Wimbledon 08 final every now and then. Venus laid the smack down on Serena from start to finish. It it one of the best displays on a grass court that I've ever seen. I remember being mad when Serena got a major before Venus. When I was a kid Venus had dumb hype before she ever went pro.

Vee in her prime was simply a beast. We marvel at Serena's game which we rightfully should, but I still believe that prime Vee playing her best would edge prime Serena playing near her best. Vee's movement, net game and power in her prime was devastating. The only thing separating her from Serena is her propensity to throw matches away with hundreds of unforced errors.

^ Yeah, they've been promoting it for a while now... too bad she didn't wear the high-socks. 

Day 2

Maria+Sharapova+2015+French+Open+Day+Two+6eSzXcdPKHDx.jpg

2015+French+Open+Day+Two+z9PzW3aa2fhx.jpg

Sabine+Lisicki+2015+French+Open+Day+Two+acgGm_khxZPx.jpg

Tomas+Berdych+2015+French+Open+Day+Two+DEpB8pyRfH3x.jpg

2015+French+Open+Day+Two+KAbWSJF0-wjx.jpg

2015+French+Open+Day+Two+iO34jGHe3CXx.jpg

2015+French+Open+Day+Two+VwnTVxV9D6dx.jpg

The match between James Duckworth and Andrea Arnaboldi must be a heck of a game. I would love to watch that live game.

Can't buy these in the stores, boys and girls...
Rafael+Nadal+2015+French+Open+Day+Three+QmLSvCcmIhbx.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2015+French+Open+Day+Three+6UpOxoizohDx.jpg

The kit should be coming out world wide by the end of the week. The shoes are fairly limited and should be available thru the big online shops.

G. Bouchard is Anna Kournikova 2.0

Can't believe Murray is still wearing those Adidas, how long does it take Under Armour to make one damn pair of tennis shoes?

ua gives Murray the most boring shirts and shorts. Maybe he only wants to wear black and grey.

The guy has the shots... just not the mentality and ability to do it over 7 3-of-5 matches...

Anyway...

2015+French+Open+Day+Three+7_8D38PdKTvx.jpg

Still some of the ugliest strokes around.

Eugenie+Bouchard+2015+French+Open+Day+Three+omiUCrT2rFix.jpg

Back
Top Bottom