**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

But its not even that funny though.
It's funny to people that think he's not one of the best rappers out because he was a C.O. 
As if the two are even related? 

Thats like saying Kobe isn't a great chess player because he smashed a white woman. 

I mean there are some of us that look to music as entertainment, not an educational avenue.

That being said, I don't care about his past because I'm only vested in his artistry. 

Like the album a lot more than Teflon Don.

Unfortunately it seems he may never eclipse Deeper Than Rap.

Like the album a lot more than Teflon Don.
Unfortunately it seems he may never eclipse Deeper Than Rap.

I havent listened to GFID but from peoples responses it cant be better than Teflon Don.
Teflon Don has a ton of replay value. I musta listened to BMF and Im not a Star, Aston Martin Music hundreds of times.

ten jesus pieces
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I havent listened to GFID but from peoples responses it cant be better than Teflon Don.
Teflon Don has a ton of replay value. I musta listened to BMF and Im not a Star, Aston Martin Music hundreds of times.

TFD had a ton of replay value? What were you listening to besides those songs? (Super High and that's it for me)

It didn't help that I'd played/heard BMF +100 times months before the album dropped.

Idk I just remember playing DTR in the whip with the windows down for months on months after it dropped. That summer time cruising vibe just suits my taste.

^^ 
roll.gif
 It's kinda funny, but I feel him on that. Nobody knows his "real" past, so just judge the music. And GFID is a great album. 

This is an EXCELLENT review of the album:

There's nothing real about Rick Ross' character. He's not a drug kingpin. Don't act like it's real. There are so many moments where this album is so delusional, I can barely stand it.

Im not hating but what do you guys like about his music ? how is it relatable unless your a mob boss ..he has no real personal tracks and isnt a great rapper

This is an EXCELLENT review of the album:

There's nothing real about Rick Ross' character. He's not a drug kingpin. Don't act like it's real. There are so many moments where this album is so delusional, I can barely stand it.

"He's not moving keys....he's not whippin' chickens" :lol:

DEAD @ his Touch'n You analysis

Im not hating but what do you guys like about his music ? how is it relatable unless your a mob boss ..he has no real personal tracks and isnt a great rapper
This has always been my question as well.  I honestly can't take anyone serious that stans for Ross 
laugh.gif
.  It truly makes no sense.

People who say they don't care about your past...

Um...the whole point of being an artist is to speak from a perspective of personal experience.  This isn't an abstract painting, nor a fictitious novel.  This is music.  You write music to make a message.  

You say he makes "good music"...it's more like, he has a great ear for beat selection, to which he pens his fantasy raps.

I can't get with it.  Never have, never will.

To each his own I guess 
grin.gif

Never bought any of his albums, but I like some of his music for the same reason I like Jeezy's --- it sounds good. I just know that when I listen to a Jeezy record, there's an element of authenticity to it that Ross obviously won't have. But purely on beats and rhymes, I really don't see how somebody can rock with one and not the other. Both are distinctive enough for a casual music fan not to mix them up, but they are relatively the same rapper.

***EDIT: Just to put things in perspective, the Needle Drop dude gave Life Is Good a 4/10, 1 point higher than GFID. So...yea :lol:. That vid was hilarious though, especially near the end.

Last edited:
Never bought any of his albums, but I like some of his music for the same reason I like Jeezy's --- it sounds good. I just know that when I listen to a Jeezy record, there's an element of authenticity to it that Ross obviously won't have. But purely on beats and rhymes, I really don't see how somebody can rock with one and not the other. Both are distinctive enough for a casual music fan not to mix them up, but they are relatively the same rapper.
***EDIT: Just to put things in perspective, the Needle Drop dude gave Life Is Good a 4/10, 1 point higher than GFID. So...yea :lol:. That vid was hilarious though, especially near the end.
I dont listen to jeezy tho ..and whats sounds good the overhyped beats or the subpar bars if young berg was making these excat same songs you wouldnt listen

he's got a point people give William a pass because he looks the part

If Bow Wow was makin these same songs dudes would be callin him a fraud not defending it with "it's just entertainment" but Williams 300 pounds with a big beard, wild tattoos of slave owners and from miami so cats let it rock

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom