**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

It'd be great if Ross' beats were given to a better rapper to spit over :lol:

Half-way through the album though and it's pretty good, the production is top notch. Glad he didn't resort to repeating the "epic trap beat" for 10 tracks.

It'd be great if Ross' beats were given to a better rapper to spit over
laugh.gif

Half-way through the album though and it's pretty good, the production is top notch. Glad he didn't resort to repeating the "epic trap beat" for 10 tracks.
That alone makes his stock rise to me.

Dude didn't put many "radio friendly" songs on here...but the music is so much better. 

Dude didn't put many "radio friendly" songs on here...but the music is so much better. 

Yup. Seriously doubted he come through with this album based on his recent work and the singles he put out :x

Actually his singles might be the worst songs on the album

Yup. Seriously doubted he come through with this album based on his recent work and the singles he put out
sick.gif

Actually his singles might be the worst songs on the album
Songs like Amsterdam put Ross near the top of my top current rapper lists.

You can't NOT feel that. 

i'm gonna say this...this might be Ross' best album...the musicality kinda broke a barrier that I didn't think he could touch with Deeper than Rap. I've been playing it straight through all afternoon/evening. 

Dude is rapping his *** off. His features are sick. The production is...INCREDIBLE. 

I don't know what else I can ask from this guy. 

He delivered. He really came through on this. That smooth, **** talking over lavish instrumentals on some super chill mode. Ross excels in this lane, sonically.

This will be in rotation for a very long time.

Last edited:
Its getting ridiculous at this point.

Gunplay is by far the best rapper on MMG too.

Ya'll need to quit. :lol: Gunplay is a liability at this point. He's not a bad rapper but he's not nearly the artist Stalley, Wale or Meek are. We get it ya'll are late to the Gunplay bandwagon but ya'll starting to talk crazy. He's a more lyrical Wacka Flocka.

Come on Roc , give that man his credit ..

Jupiter Jack do be spitting ..

Mike Tyson

Straight Up Menace

Gunplay

Cartoons and Cereal ( name a rapper who Kendrick didn't outshine other than Gunplay)

Damn near every track on the Triple C album ( ESP Diamonds and Maybachs Pt.2 and Finer things )

I can keep going ..

He's lightyears ahead of Flocka

Its getting ridiculous at this point.

Gunplay is by far the best rapper on MMG too.
Ya'll need to quit.
laugh.gif
Gunplay is a liability at this point. He's not a bad rapper but he's not nearly the artist Stalley, Wale or Meek are. We get it ya'll are late to the Gunplay bandwagon but ya'll starting to talk crazy. He's a more lyrical Wacka Flocka.
Come on Roc , give that man his credit ..

Jupiter Jack do be spitting ..

Mike Tyson

Straight Up Menace

Gunplay

Cartoons and Cereal ( name a rapper who Kendrick didn't outshine other than Gunplay)

Damn near every track on the Triple C album ( ESP Diamonds and Maybachs Pt.2 and Finer things )

I can keep going ..

He's lightyears ahead of Flocka
Exactly.

Gunplay really has this way of putting together words thats just REALLY surprising at times. I can't explain it.

Honestly, him and Trouble might be some of the most innately talented southern artists right now. No diss to anyone else...but its something about how they rhyme thats just captivating. 

You can't NOT feel that. 

i'm gonna say this...this might be Ross' best album...the musicality kinda broke a barrier that I didn't think he could touch with Deeper than Rap. I've been playing it straight through all afternoon/evening. 

Dude is rapping his *** off. His features are sick. The production is...INCREDIBLE. 

He delivered. He really came through on this. That smooth, **** talking over lavish instrumentals on some super chill mode. Ross excels in this lane, sonically.

I would replace "Touch'n You" with "I Love My B's" and get rid of "So Sophisticated".

Other than that, very well put together.

You can't NOT feel that. 

I would replace "Touch'n You" with "I Love My B's" and get rid of "So Sophisticated".

Other than that, very well put together.
Agree completely with you.

But...those tracks are out there so I can't be too mad. Just more music to enjoy. 

Glad to see him step away from the "John Doe" type trap beats and going back to spitting over those cinematic Justice League beats.

Exactly.

Gunplay really has this way of putting together words thats just REALLY surprising at times. I can't explain it.

Honestly, him and Trouble might be some of the most innately talented southern artists right now. No diss to anyone else...but its something about how they rhyme thats just captivating. 

Off topic, but Trouble would be a problem if he got a better mgmt team and better production. His affiliation with DTE might be his downfall tho

This IS the best ignorant rap album of 2012. Nothing will even compare. My goodness.

Rick Ross might have the best ear for beats out of all the popular rappers. :smh:

3 Kings and Presidential :nthat:

This IS the best ignorant rap album of 2012. Nothing will even compare. My goodness.

Rick Ross might have the best ear for beats out of all the popular rappers.
mean.gif

3 Kings and Presidential
nthat.gif
Its not even a question at this point.

This dude has proved that he's willing to take risks rivaled by only maybe Drake or Kanye, in terms of rap artists. 

After my first listen I think it's incredible. The production alone is really good. Album of the year for me.

album is extra solid...aint too many weak points...although Dr. Dre ruined "3 Kings"...and y'all REALLY gotta let go of 3k's johnson b4 you start typing your responses...

THIS ALBUM IS FLAMES!!! IF IT'S A TRACK "YOU" DON'T LIKE, THERE ARE 8976798675675 OTHER FOLK WHO "LIKE" IT ...ROSS NEVER FAILS, HASN'T FAILED HE'S MADE 4 CLASSICS, AND YOU MIGHT AS WELL CALL THIS ANOTHER CLASSIC  :nthat:

this joint is a modern day classic??! Now I gotta cop this on the 31st.

hold me back and 911 gets me HYPE. i love ignorant rap songswale ruined diced pineapple. wale trying way to hard to sound sophisticated. clownalbum was cool. nothing spectacular

Back
Top Bottom