**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

hold me back is trash.video was enjoyable 

as for the jizzle vs ross comparison's . i listen to both and enjoy both.
but to say "it's not comparable" for either side is crazy.

cartune , didn't rozay work with your boy and bleu on that all black joint
eem though u told me it was a lazy verse on twitter :lol:

Yea I worked with them dudes on the regular he did the verse off GP so yeaaaa what am I going to do? :lol:

As far as the Jeezy comparisons Jeezy is on another level commerically. Belvedere dont just ask anybody to help with their urban branding.
Even 8732 suprisingly is doing numbers.

Booking both before Jeezy is good for a sell out crowd in mid size to large venues in the Southeast. Ross not as much. Jeezy still owns this lane

Obviously Ross is superior quality wise over the last 3-4 years tho.

Yea I worked with them dudes on the regular he did the verse off GP so yeaaaa what am I going to do?
laugh.gif

As far as the Jeezy comparisons Jeezy is on another level commerically. Belvedere dont just ask anybody to help with their urban branding.
Even 8732 suprisingly is doing numbers.
Booking both before Jeezy is good for a sell out crowd in mid size to large venues in the Southeast. Ross not as much. Jeezy still owns this lane
Obviously Ross is superior quality wise over the last 3-4 years tho.
jizzle is my guy and you already know he' 1a and 1b with trick in the city because of all those black flag ties.

it's funny cus since i move to the burbs this year i noticed alotta kids LOOOOVE Juicy J over any vet rapper , never seen nobody in the hood bump 3'6''

on the regular besides in middle school when chickenhead was poppin  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Wow you must be new here.
As of last night projections at IDJ were at 150 - 175
At 70% its still at 132,015
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi
The MMG blog conglomerate not in a hurry to post them numbers tho. I dont believe they gone let Ross go out like that tho. Expect a last minute "bump"

Aight so now it says 215k? So did Rawse buy those extra 70,000 albums? Because it surely doesn't say no 130 or 150k.

Why is ross the only ***** accused of buying albums ... I don't get it :lol:

Serious Question.

Aight so now it says 215k? So did Rawse buy those extra 70,000 albums? Because it surely doesn't say no 130 or 150k.
It said 130K when I posted the link it miraculously jumped to 215 with 30% more tallied in. Like i said it would.

I was told to watch the last minute "bump" but thats all Ima say bout it congrats to Ross tho

And I never said Ross bought his own albums. Was Lil Wayne accused of buying his own albums or was Cash Money?

Why is ross the only ***** accused of buying albums ... I don't get it :lol:
Serious Question.

He's not tho

Silverman: They’re not going to get one, but somebody’s going to get one. But it won’t happen because a company is inventing things or working it, or trying to affect the outcome, like labels trying to hype the charts in the old days — which they’re still doing now, by the way. People are telling me that the majors have teams of people who actually buy singles on iTunes to try to drive it up the charts — buying their own songs. It blew my mind. I mean, we’re not learning anything.

Wired.com: That is incredible. I wish I could figure out how to prove that — they’re not going to tell me. I guess they would only lose 35 percent of that money.

Silverman: 30 percent. So if they buy 50,000 songs, we’re talking $50,000 less 70 percent, so it would cost about $15,000. For $15,000 in a week, they can buy 50,000 more song downloads, which could drive the record up three or four positions on the chart. And they hype of it all would make people believe it, and then the next week it would be real, which is what always used to happen.

http://www.wired.com/business/2010/07/tom-silverman-proposes-radically-transparent-music-business/all/1#ixzz0tlksWgVP

didn't hitsdaily predict bp3 at like 300k , jay did about 476 first week i believe

everybody buying albums not just ross

Last edited:
I doubt any albums were purchased. It's not like he sold 500k... 215k is a very modest number.

He should be able to live with 215k. Its rap, people dont buy CDS. If your name isnt JAY-Z, Drake, Lil Wayne, KanYe, Eminem, or Nicki Minaj you arent going to be doing huge numbers. It is what it is. This thread is still ridiculous and hilarious.

He should be able to live with 215k. Its rap, people dont buy CDS. If your name isnt JAY-Z, Drake, Lil Wayne, KanYe, Eminem, or Nicki Minaj you arent going to be doing huge numbers. It is what it is. This thread is still ridiculous and hilarious.

these days 215 k the first week is a big number

I dont even know what that means. Cause obviously Jeezy is on another level career wise
Im just pointing out the fact that this internet branding with fake numbers and fake movements dont really translate to real sales.
Ross has yet to headline his own tour. You cant fake a tour turnout.
You can fake 2 million followers tho. You can fake being busy by putting out vlogs tho. You can fake your "era" by putting out hella songs tho. Being political and sending out fruit baskets can get taste makers on yo **** too.
No hate from me just pointing out the obvious

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

All your post about Ross are hate filled, you hate the n'.

Jeezy ain't sh**, hop off

TEFLON DON[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@rickyrozay
It's official!!! "God forgives I Dont" no.1 Album in the Country selling 225,400 in its 1st week!!!!! @DefJamRecords #wellorchestrated
7 Aug 12 Reply
Retweet
Favorite
http://rapradar.com/2012/08/07/rick-ross-god-forgives-i-dont-tops-charts/comment-page-3/#comments
not bad at all, he should of sold at least 300k first week just off that Stay Schemin joint getting burn on the radio. he waited too long to drop.

Jeezy did 233,000 wit' no radio rotation, no promo or hit single. Yeah Jay Jenkins won :\

+

That "Officer Ricky" denial scandal took a huge hit to Ross' character. That is when he lost his fanbase.

Jeezy did 233,000 wit' no radio rotation, no promo or hit single. Yeah Jay Jenkins won
ohwell.gif

+
That "Officer Ricky" denial scandal took a huge hit to Ross' character. That is when he lost his fanbase.
def jam buying everybody albums so we don't really know what the deal is 

but if def jam buying ross album then this is some crazy stuff cus they keep signing him

to 7 figure deals and he's dropped 8 albums in 6 years (5 solo 3 compilation)

so it's very odd to say the least and it seems like bad business on their part

I dont even know what that means. Cause obviously Jeezy is on another level career wise
Im just pointing out the fact that this internet branding with fake numbers and fake movements dont really translate to real sales.
Ross has yet to headline his own tour. You cant fake a tour turnout.
You can fake 2 million followers tho. You can fake being busy by putting out vlogs tho. You can fake your "era" by putting out hella songs tho. Being political and sending out fruit baskets can get taste makers on yo **** too.
No hate from me just pointing out the obvious

You sound upset tho :lol:

I just don't get the Rozay v. Jeezy argument. It takes minimal effort to really see that they aren't on the same level career wise. Dudes truly believe
the facade that's put on for social media.

Saw 215K, 219K & 225K sooo I guess somewhere around there for 1st week sales.

Thats cool. I got probably only Kanye outselling those 1st week sales..

Ya'll need to hop off this dude cartune like he is some industry insider genius..He has a little knowledge, sure, but ya'll giving him too much credit

Hate? You need to learn what being objective means. I mean what did i say that isnt accurate?

I even said Ross makes better music I listen to more Ross than Jeezy these days. Damn Im a hater. :smh:
And how can I hate on ****** I getting money with. Shut the hell up

Ya'll need to hop off this dude cartune like he is some industry insider genius..He has a little knowledge, sure, but ya'll giving him too much credit

Word yall act like I be in every artist's thread speaking on stuff.

I only speak on **** I know about first hand. The rest of the time Im gossiping like the rest of you ******.

Back
Top Bottom