The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

The Hardens are excluded from the med promo now on RBK.com :/

Wow, so it’s done. They’re switching it up now. That’s weak as ****. I was gonna try to get the Shaq’s 50% off whenever they drop but it probably won’t work.

I know a teacher with an edu email, I'm gonna see if they can get the student discount since someone said you just need an edu.

Last edited:
It looks like the resellers weren't in full force f'ing things up for this Question re-release because it seems like damn near everyone was able to successfully check out on the Foot Locker Inc. sites today.

Perhaps we got normalcy with a re-release of a somewhat iconic shoe today. :emoji_rolling_eyes:
Naw that's not the case at all, there were so many pairs of these on any site u could think of, if you wanted a pair of these you got them point blank

Aww man. I would’ve sent you a pm to remind you. It was hard to get though, no guarantee you would’ve hit on a pair. Sizes were appearing and disappearing like crazy :lol:

Oh, and that code didn’t work for this release like they did for the Hardens.
Yeah I was reading about the code not working, there must be a a glitch in the matrix or something.... I was planning on copping the OG red toe.... but not at retail lol....

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't the suede red toes release first way back when? Then the pearl leathers?

Naw that's not the case at all, there were so many pairs of these on any site u could think of, if you wanted a pair of these you got them point blank

Thanks for elaborating, my fear of them being limited was predicated on open outdoor store locations having a low quantity after I did research. All indoor mall locations are closed on my side of California so that really reduced my options for stores pickup.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't the suede red toes release first way back when? Then the pearl leathers?

Good question, and no pun intended. I became somewhat retroactively curious myself about this model recently for this re-release.

Thanks for verifying. I always assumed the pearlized blue toe were the only ones out at that time and the suede red ones were a limited regional release from what I recalled. The suede red version was never out in my area. And the '98 rehash of the suede red toe doesn't count either as I learned recently because I thought those were remaining pairs trickling out later.

Hopefully everyone who ordered from the Foot Locker Inc. sites earlier today has been sent a shipping confirmation email by now. I woke up from a long nap this evening and saw that email from Footaction was sent in the late afternoon while I fell asleep.

Thanks for verifying. I always assumed the pearlized blue toe were the only ones out at that time and the suede red ones were a limited regional release from what I recalled. The suede red version was never out in my area. And the '98 rehash of the suede red toe doesn't count either as I learned recently because I thought those were remaining pairs trickling out later.

The red toe suede was out around the same time, I believe. The west coast got only the blue ones because Reebok thought it would cause trouble with gang affiliation colors. Some stores here in California did get small shipments of the pearlized red leather toes but they were very uncommon. Never saw the red suede ones in California.

It says in the little magazine that comes with the shoes that the suede bled on iverson so they went with the pearlized cause it looked like he was bleeding

The red toe suede was out around the same time, I believe. The west coast got only the blue ones because Reebok thought it would cause trouble with gang affiliation colors. Some stores here in California did get small shipments of the pearlized red leather toes but they were very uncommon. Never saw the red suede ones in California.

Thanks for clarifying all that.

I recall I learned the pearlized blue was available at a Foot Locker in a mall I used to frequent after they were already sold out in 1997.

That's an awkward theory about gang affiliation colors predicating allocation in California. So why would Reebok allocate one color, but not the other in California since both colors have ties to 2 sides?

I never knew Iverson actually wore the pearlized red version until perhaps a few years ago. I seriously thought the red toe version was only made in suede all that time.

So that was always correct about the suede red version being regionally limited since I never saw them in the L.A. area.

It says in the little magazine that comes with the shoes that the suede bled on iverson so they went with the pearlized cause it looked like he was bleeding

Nah man, that was real blood :lol: The knuckles of his toes would peel and his sock was soaked in blood. The OG’s on his team would make fun of him at the end of the games but he’d reply at least he had his own signature shoe. The pearlized leather was a result of the manufacture running out of suede and sending them that unique leather. They liked it so they went with it.

That's an awkward theory about gang affiliation colors predicating allocation in California. So why would Reebok allocate one color, but not the other in California since both colors have ties to 2 sides?

So that was always correct about the suede red version being regionally limited since I never saw them in the L.A. area.

I was told that by a shoe store manager from footlocker and then a Reebok phone operator when I asked about the releases. It could’ve just been a California thing. Yeah, never saw those suede toes here in any store. Just the pearlized red leather ones and even then it was one store in the entire Santa Monica mall toward the end of his rookie season.

When I was a youngin in middle school way back when in Santa Clara, CA.... the red toes always had a shine too them.... it was never suede, from what I can remember.... but my memory is really bad (got blown up by an Road side bomb in Iraq)

When I was a youngin in middle school way back when in Santa Clara, CA.... the red toes always had a shine too them.... it was never suede, from what I can remember.... but my memory is really bad (got blown up by an Road side bomb in Iraq)

Oh wow man, I’m sorry you went through that ordeal. Thank you for serving, btw. Yeah, I never saw red suede toes here in SoCal until a few size runs of the pearlized red ones a few months later. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were sent by mistake. Then the black/gold pairs started showing up and those things sat....hard. I saw them as low as $30 in the clearance section of my local WSS.

I was told that by a shoe store manager from footlocker and then a Reebok phone operator when I asked about the releases. It could’ve just been a California thing. Yeah, never saw those suede toes here in any store. Just the pearlized red leather ones and even then it was one store in the entire Santa Monica mall toward the end of his rookie season.

Thanks for elaborating that you spoke to somewhat credible people as a source. Wow, the pearlized red version was really limited if you only saw them in one store out here. And that mall has been renovated to an outdoor bougie brands and stores mall for years now.

Your memory is better than you assume if you can remember some shoes slightly over 23 years ago.

Oh wow man, I’m sorry you went through that ordeal. Thank you for serving, btw. Yeah, I never saw red suede toes here in SoCal until a few size runs of the pearlized red ones a few months later. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were sent by mistake. Then the black/gold pairs started showing up and those things sat....hard. I saw them as low as $30 in the clearance section of my local WSS.
Thank you for your support.... 3 tours over there and I’m glad I got out alive....

Anyway I don’t ever remember the black/gold pair for the Questions, I dofor the Answers.... the best damn cushioned basketball shoes, that DMX tech was too notch!

Your memory is better than you assume if you can remember some shoes slightly over 23 years ago.

It’s good practice to jog up the gray matter remembering shoes.... at least for me anyway. Whenever I see an old school shoes bits and pieces come back 👌🏽

I forgot about these yesterday but was able to grab my size on footlocker right now, with a gift card and free shipping if anyone is still looking. Few sizes up.

excited to get these in hand!

Got that shipping confirmation. We out here. This whole year may be full of L’s but not this day. Glory be to White Jesus, not today, Satan.

Disappointed I didn't get the booklet but I really like the shoes. That leather smell

E17902E0-A266-4528-BBBF-0F0093ADB1A3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom