**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Around Dec I said I can forsee RL
retroing pieces, if he hasn't already done so.
I saw it coming with the vote of the Teddy.
I dont think the enthusiats would approve.

RL has been retroing many of the understated Items for years, and 95% of the time the are better quality with better colorblocking. This year you will a handful of see items that were popular with the urban dem. resurface. The vote has already been finalized for the reintroduction of the Polo Bear Sweater. There will be lots of new Polo "collectors" "been-hads" and "flippers" springing up by end of the year.

Yeah, on the low, retro-ing has happened. There was the turtleneck version of the k-swiss eagle, right?

heaven help me.

Basically.

I don't know if y'all agree, but it's not the fact that classic pieces are retro-ing, per se, that gets me shaking my head in anticipation of the buffoonery, but as Superman said, it's that it's going to add fuel to the fire of the worst of the new age cats.

Saturation of retroed pieces is going to have a particular market lose it's value if you know what i mean and alot of people are not going to be too enthused about it. 

I wonder if you'll see a lot of the dudes heavy into the 90s vintage stuff move toward the 80s stuff. I can definitely see them retroing stuff from the early to mid 90s, but I'd be surprised if they put out the 80s stuff.

All things considered, most of the "power pieces" will probably remain untouched, for whatever that's worth.

Yeah, on the low, retro-ing has happened. There was the turtleneck version of the k-swiss eagle, right?
Basically.

I don't know if y'all agree, but it's not the fact that classic pieces are retro-ing, per se, that gets me shaking my head in anticipation of the buffoonery, but as Superman said, it's that it's going to add fuel to the fire of the worst of the new age cats.
I wonder if you'll see a lot of the dudes heavy into the 90s vintage stuff move toward the 80s stuff. I can definitely see them retroing stuff from the early to mid 90s, but I'd be surprised if they put out the 80s stuff.

All things considered, most of the "power pieces" will probably remain untouched, for whatever that's worth.
there have Ben "updates" more so than "retros" of all RL lines bip. Cookies,cross flags,scribbles. Even the flag knit is not "retro" as Ralph has had this and the teddy in some form or fashion, lets see how the change up the teddy knits if any(bring it back campaign I.e. fancy words for retro. Lol) there was not a years gap on the eagle knit one was a crew and one was the turtleneck. "Power pieces" that will never get old!lmao
????@ the gif.a good movie but what does this have to do whith any thing??

Word up, when you said that i had one person in mind we know of.... Not trying to blow his spot but he'll be known as CHEESEBURGERS. The era you came up in i know how you see it. We had gear by the boatloads and effed it off. But as i got wiser and heard plenty MIA stories that **** on mines, dudes put in work to get that one Lo piece that was sold only in Sax or Bloomies on like Thursday March 22 at 2:30 PM when it was released. I equate that to a victory or a battle won or lost. I knew peeps that got vicked for their lo and so on. I'm just speaking about (not for) those who have deep collections and did aquire their **** from OG MIAs, vics and kept them pieces or dudes who really see the value of the **** in their eyes. I myself don't see a huge pricetag for some Pwing **** because it's hot but not that hot to me. Like i said arlier in a post that i'm into the screenprints and graphics because the work put in to making the design and quality. If your prints kept up over the years with no cracking and peeling then it's worth $$$ to me. I'd be pissed if they drop a print rugby on rlvintage for the same amount of $$$ and it's brand spankin new. It better drop for $145 like the other rugbys out there. Then guess what? It will go on sale then clearance then its a go just like that Indian head. I dunno where my post is going right now but EOD, keep that **** where it is back then and make new ITs if you wanna "bring i back".
nat stop it!!! Mayor mc cheese!!! There was way more of the type of dudes on VGA at the time. One day they all buddy buddy (dope snowbeach of fresh p-wing) next day they at eatch others necks over sucker s**t. The Internets I tell ya! Lol. Never let these dudes beat you in the head for non of this sh*t. When I say rock not collect its just that! Wear your clothes,yeah I still got joints that still have the tags on them but they will get worn. Not to just say I have it or to act like this **** makes you a better person. As you know man makes the clothes but for some this is not a fact. Power piece indeed!! Lol.

Last edited:
Greeze, love the olive green rugby. I wish this was brown/royal or orange/royal since the modern explorer version from last year is so similar.
Thanks Supermanblue. I didn't think about that color scheme. That would be nice.

krash, what's up man. I thought that was pretty clear. I was totally agreeing with you when you said you rock, you don't collect. That gif has everything to do with what you said. I buy all of my clothes and shoes with the purpose to sport them. Collecting them is not my intention. Should I keep whatever item for some time then so be it. I just don't buy a flag knit with the purpose of having it 10 years down the line. That was just an example. I hope you understand what I meant.

Just came in. Hopefully the hater(s) can refrain from doing what he does best.

That jacket is nice. Can i get some info on it?

Frank only specializes in resell! LoL

RL isn't playing this year, put out a hooded updateof the cheif sweater.
The shape of the feathers turned out pretty good, just wished they used
more colors. The front is identicle

$179 was what I bought it for.
Damn, messed up your came with a hole, i would've sent it back!
T-dot did the large fit you?

RL isn't playing this year, put out a hooded updateof the cheif sweater.
The shape of the feathers turned out pretty good, just wished they used
more colors. The front is identicle

Thats a nice piece, have to see it in person.

Thanks Supermanblue. I didn't think about that color scheme. That would be nice.

krash, what's up man. I thought that was pretty clear. I was totally agreeing with you when you said you rock, you don't collect. That gif has everything to do with what you said. I buy all of my clothes and shoes with the purpose to sport them. Collecting them is not my intention. Should I keep whatever item for some time then so be it. I just don't buy a flag knit with the purpose of having it 10 years down the line. That was just an example. I hope you understand what I meant.
It's kool kind of figured that.yeah never got the buying something just for the sake of saying I have it or to act like I'm better than you because of said item. I haver better things to do with my money and time.

^^family!!!! Go cop that " rock-it science " on iTunes now! Timeless truth!!

saw that navajo indian hand knit in person. for $795, i wasn't too impressed. didn't like the front neck of the collar. and not so crazy about the aztec design across the shoulders, waist and wrists. i think it would've looked a lot more cleaner without all that jazz.

saw that navajo indian hand knit in person. for $795, i wasn't too impressed. didn't like the front neck of the collar. and not so crazy about the aztec design across the shoulders, waist and wrists. i think it would've looked a lot more cleaner without all that jazz.
I acutally wish the aztec design was the entire sweater instead of having the logo front and back. I'm just suprised that RL finally was able to put out a knit with the cheif icon that actually looks like a person, istead of a paw print. I'm with you, that is nowhere near $795 quality-wise. That said I'm still on the fence about it, deep discounts will be the things that makes my decision.

Last edited:
guys there is a current 40% off sale prices, and the Final markdown of the season at Dillard's. Anyone come up on any nice pieces? I am thinking of hitting my local mall in hope of finding some nice stuff...

any come ups or nice finds? dont keep it to ur self share the knowledge! lol

guys there is a current 40% off sale prices, and the Final markdown of the season at Dillard's. Anyone come up on any nice pieces? I am thinking of hitting my local mall in hope of finding some nice stuff...

any come ups or nice finds? dont keep it to ur self share the knowledge! lol
Nothing spectacular in this sale but I picked up a few basic rugbys/hoodies/button ups for about $20/ea

The blue workshirt and the navy/yellow shirt are spiffy.
The Cheif retro is a good like everytime I see it.

Nice pick ups Dre. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom