**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Honestly, IMO, it wasn't necessarily even DP who started the whole cascade.

DP is cool peoples and all, but even with the tell-a-friend-to-tell-a-friend viral model, his 5K followers didn't turn this into the free for all it became. The code wound up on slickdeals and various other fora, which have a much wider reach than Dallas on social media. The DP chain of events is still niche in the grand scheme of things, but whoever put it in the mainstream on those coupon code websites probably triggered a bigger landslide.

That CJ episode was great though. Jessica Rosenblum is a G and a half!
what's good bip. nope my og set it off. He got the codes, hit the team first then the ripple started after he sent it out to tweeter and then it ran on it own legs. And then it became....pologate!! Oh we laugh about how crazy it got. I got my order all the round and round crap that heads are going through is nuts. Only email I got was your s***t is on the way on mon,on thurs mid day I got my box.

My order came out to 289 with $514 discount. Got the good email just waiting on shipping conf. Had to cop this cap anxious to see how it looks in person

Also, please tell me this is inspired by some vintage piece.

Obviously, they've used the shark before, but that specific piece - nah. And, I wouldn't even consider the shark pieces "vintage" anyway. ...Are the trying to ride the already dead Givenchy wave?

I am interested to see that green tennis man derivative.

what's good bip. nope my og set it off. He got the codes, hit the team first then the ripple started after he sent it out to tweeter and then it ran on it own legs. And then it became....pologate!! Oh we laugh about how crazy it got. I got my order all the round and round crap that heads are going through is nuts. Only email I got was your s***t is on the way on mon,on thurs mid day I got my box.

What's good, Krash.

I'll take your word, especially because I didn't really follow the timing.

I know for a fact that I had the second code (non-employee site) hours before DP posted either on his IG (as did a few others here). The timeline he confirmed on Combat's show confirms that the code was out there hours before he had it. Now, I don't know when it went up on these other places, and there's really no way for us to trace the root how it got all the places it did. Though, it is less likely that somebody else leaked it. Dallas is just like that - for better or worse. Dude is definitely a character.

The funny thing is that because RL decided to honor the order, he's a hero. But, if RL cancelled orders, all the dudes who had the code without him would have been pissed at him for blowing the spot.

Last edited:
Some of that top of the line rhine. You a fool for that one.
I was off the last time concerning spring. Spring 3 is the prep and scribble stuff that just released. Spring 4 is the varsity/rowing inspired stuff you see on the website, Georgetown Collection. I was told this was a very, very exclusive collection by 2 people within RL. Only Manhattan dept. stores and certain flagships were supposed to get it. Maybe there are certain pieces that are really limited cause it doesn't seem like this collection is exclusive at all.

Stores are expecting the first wave of summer to be delivered 3/25. We know how Ralph is moving that inventory to make room for this new stuff but it will be interesting to see how macys and blommies make room for this new collection. They literally just put the prep stuff out last week, L&T had just put out some georgetown items this week. Not even on the floor at bloomies or macys yet, if they are even getting it. I wouldn't be surprised if the summer stuff doesn't hit dept. store floors until May. But then you have summer 2 delivery May 15th, not to mention the 2nd round of summer classics, which include the tennis and polo player polos I posted awhile back, delivery on 4/25. I really am curious to see how all this stuff is gonna flow. I'm sure we'll see it on the site though once Ralph sorts through this fiasco and gets their inventory updated.

Anyway, along with the 1st summer classics which include scribble polos in about every variation imaginable, we have the Canyon Collection delivery on 3/25.

Indigo Patchwork Polo $198

RLX Serape Down Puffer Vest $245

Frank, thanks millions for this info. The Canyon Collection is lava, and delivery on 3/25 :wow:. These are the best warm season collections that I've seen from RL. They are definitely catering to the new guys like myself with an appreciation for the history of the brand.

And to think that Fall will be even better...

You're right, stores and warehouses are gong to be hard pressed to make room for this stuff. I can't wait to see how they move what they have.

That Shark polo has potential. Interesting to see them get a bit more graphic with their pieces instead of just sticking to combinations of text/crests/big ponies.

Last edited:
Obviously, they've used the shark before, but that specific piece - nah. And, I wouldn't even consider the shark pieces "vintage" anyway. ...Are the trying to ride the already dead Givenchy wave?

I am interested to see that green tennis man derivative.
What's good, Krash.

I'll take your word, especially because I didn't really follow the timing.

I know for a fact that I had the second code (non-employee site) hours before DP posted either on his IG (as did a few others here). The timeline he confirmed on Combat's show confirms that the code was out there hours before he had it. Now, I don't know when it went up on these other places, and there's really no way for us to trace the root how it got all the places it did. Though, it is less likely that somebody else leaked it. Dallas is just like that - for better or worse. Dude is definitely a character.

The funny thing is that because RL decided to honor the order, he's a hero. But, if RL cancelled orders, all the dudes who had the code without him would have been pissed at him for blowing the spot.
I know all of that but I did not get the code from any network , he is always looking out for any and everybody when it comes to the lifestyle. We pride ourself on the art of the come up for decades now. Cats are new to him but he is not new. I salute my og for just being himself and never walking the next mans walk like a lot of these "new fake ***"lo-life's do(salute to my og double L's ). Bip I know you see it. Trust the og's laugh at all this s***t.

I know all of that but I did not get the code from any network , he is always looking out for any and everybody when it comes to the lifestyle. We pride ourself on the art of the come up for decades now. Cats are new to him but he is not new. I salute my og for just being himself and never walking the next mans walk like a lot of these "new fake ***"lo-life's do(salute to my og double L's ). Bip I know you see it. Trust the og's laugh at all this s***t.
Dallas has always did his own thing. You can love it or hate it but you gotta respect it.

The RLX cargos, apparently the black ones are in-store only? Anyone in NYC can confirm if all places (Bloomies, Macys, RL Mansion) have them? my friend is going today to get.

dope customs

The gray sweatshirt is the original, that's the template I used, but the hoodie and jacket are all authentic vintage Ralph Lauren pieces...I might get my hand s on another plaid hoodie same color, but instead may do a white print.

The RLX cargos, apparently the black ones are in-store only? Anyone in NYC can confirm if all places (Bloomies, Macys, RL Mansion) have them? my friend is going today to get.

I've seen the black ones personally in Macys this past Wednesday

are you asking me or telling me?
Asking you if you have a XXL?

No not really because it would most likely be up there.

Telling you those are dope?

Yes I am telling you.

Implying that I wear XXL by mentioning XXL?

Yes

We straight?

Oh you mean did I just post your pic on tumblr without your permission?

Yes.

We straight?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom