**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Went to wear this jacket and it had a rust stain on it. Sick right now. Wore it less than a month ago and it was fine.

$_35.JPG

The 14' Polo Serape Cardigan showed up today, and I tracked down ast year's RRL Serape Shawl which showed up this weekend.
Didn't get the floodgate discount, but I'm happy that I took advantage of the standard sale.

How does the serape cardigan run? That was in my order in this fiasco...it was my must have for this season

Diddy, The Serape Cardigan fits perfectly. It looks like it would fit very baggy, but the way the threads are interlocked gives it bit of a tailored fit that moves very well with you while you are wearing it. If you ordered your true size, then you won't be disappointed.

Tried this Camo Field Jacket on Friday at my local Ralph Lauren store. It had a nice slim fit and the quality and details really stood out.  The slider buckle along the waist and the huge pockets on the back really stood out. The Japanese rip stop materiel felt really sturdy but still lightweight, I can see this jacket lasting for many years. MSRP of 890 was way too much for a rip stop  cotton field jacket thought, but at like 310 with the employee discount it was a no brainer. Hopefully my order goes through. I also ordered those new light wash Japanese selvedge slim fit. I saw those in person and the wash was perfect to compliment all the dark denim I have in my wardrobe.

This discount was insane, copped a basic hoodie and boxers with a custom-fit shirt but the shirt got cancelled. Hopefully everything else gets shipped out. No confirmation email for me yet and ordered at around 7am. 

This discount was insane, copped a basic hoodie and boxers with a custom-fit shirt but the shirt got cancelled. Hopefully everything else gets shipped out. No confirmation email for me yet and ordered at around 7am. 
im guessing if they didnt cancel everything your good.. i am assuming if you havent gotten a cancel email by now your good to go. 

Sweet, yeah got the cancelled e-mail for the shirt a few minutes after but nothing for the other items. Should've ordered more 
mean.gif

Yup made sure I had no regrets since most my pieces are things that I'll never get at these prices. Should've copped the panel duffel honestly. Only thing I'm mad about not getting but I got a cheaper one

The code was Polo Store Leet tho... leetspeak... really Ralph...
Just looked this up. This has to be an intentional leak. I mean, what kind of employee code is that? Im sure someone here can confirm if that makes any kind of sense for an employee code. I can see them sifting through the orders and determining just how much inventory they want gone at those prices and canceling the rest. They dropping new collections every 2 months now, sales are gonna start coming sooner.

Its funny you all were just comparing sneaker culture andnpolo culture and I really do see the same fate coming for polo as it did withe nike/jordan. Retros and limited releases, there'll be a lot more of that. More collections per year, gimmicks like this to move inventory. Ralphie is publicly owned and that means the sole objective is to make more money this year than they did last year. How do you top the polo wave we've seen over the past few years? Thats exactly what they're trying to figure out over at RL. They know there is vast internet hype and marketing gimmicks they can tap into. They know their used clothing is selling well above retail on ebay. This is jordan all over again. Retros, limited releases and online hype. Thats what I see coming.

i wonder if they will honor orders from this morning. I got order confirmation at 839 this morning. Only ordered 4 polos

I went with the cheapest shipping route which I normally do when I order from RL and they can't find my order. This is normal and usually a few days later you get the funds removed (if you paid with paypal) and get the confirmation on shipping. I bought what I wanted over the weekend from GetTheLo.com at a decent discount so if this doesn't work out I'll just cop the pieces I want from them or wait until they go on sale again. You can always find Lo on the LOW.

From SF

Ralph Lauren Will Honor Most Customer Orders After 65%-Off Employee Discount Leaked Online

But not for those who went overboard buying things like $5,700 chandeliers and $1,000 handbags. A Ralph Lauren representative told BuzzFeed the code “was shared online without the company’s authorization and has since been deactivated.”

Ralph Lauren unintentionally gave enormous discounts to a ton of shoppers Sunday after a promotional code meant for employees and their family members leaked online.

“Yesterday evening, a special promotional employee discount code was shared online without the company’s authorization and has since been deactivated,” Ralph Lauren representative Ryan Lally said in an email to BuzzFeed. He did not reply to multiple requests asking if the discounts — 65% on full-price merchandise and 40% on sale items — would be honored.

But, a source inside the company said if customers selected overnight shipping and their order hasn’t yet been canceled, it will probably be delivered. The retailer is assessing the validity of orders for standard delivery, with special scrutiny on those totaling more than $800, said this person, who spoke to BuzzFeed on the condition of anonymity. It’s honored the majority of purchases — which number in the thousands — already, the person said.

The codes went viral on Twitter yesterday and showed up on discount websites like Slickdeals.net, getting plenty of use before expiring at midnight. While some questioned whether leaking the code was a planned marketing stunt, the company representative and other sources said it was not. A woman who works for the retailer mistakenly shared the information with a friend, who sent it to another friend, and so on. The retailer wasn’t able to deactivate the associated codes because it couldn’t remove the employee from its system right away, according to the source at Ralph Lauren.

Ralph Lauren has already canceled orders from customers who went overboard with the discount, including some who used it on items like a $5,700 chandelier and handbags that cost more than $1,000, the source said. The retailer did let some shoppers get away with free monogramming, though, this person said.

Just looked this up. This has to be an intentional leak. I mean, what kind of employee code is that? Im sure someone here can confirm if that makes any kind of sense for an employee code. I can see them sifting through the orders and determining just how much inventory they want gone at those prices and canceling the rest. They dropping new collections every 2 months now, sales are gonna start coming sooner.
That code is weird bc my polo hook up has to log in with their employee number on the website to get their discount. They just have to add the items to their cart and the discount shows. They dont have to put in any sort of promo code at all. Thats why this whole code thing is weird to me.

My hook up ordered some stuff for me last evening few hrs before that code dropped but just used standard shipping. Hopefully some stuff I ordered dont get cancelled bc theyre not available due to everyone that ordered overnight shipping.

RRLEGEND - I hear you loud and clear bro

BIP= Got dam….600???? sheesh

SPB- Dope pickup… that serape cardigan is a MUST have……. :smoking

Its funny you all were just comparing sneaker culture andnpolo culture and I really do see the same fate coming for polo as it did withe nike/jordan. Retros and limited releases, there'll be a lot more of that. More collections per year, gimmicks like this to move inventory. Ralphie is publicly owned and that means the sole objective is to make more money this year than they did last year. How do you top the polo wave we've seen over the past few years? Thats exactly what they're trying to figure out over at RL. They know there is vast internet hype and marketing gimmicks they can tap into. They know their used clothing is selling well above retail on ebay. This is jordan all over again. Retros, limited releases and online hype. Thats what I see coming.

Great post. I was actually contemplating this earlier today.

Appreciated Kush. I was going to pass on it, but after you posted photos of yours, I didn't have any choice but to purchase.

Its funny you all were just comparing sneaker culture andnpolo culture and I really do see the same fate coming for polo as it did withe nike/jordan. Retros and limited releases, there'll be a lot more of that. More collections per year, gimmicks like this to move inventory. Ralphie is publicly owned and that means the sole objective is to make more money this year than they did last year. How do you top the polo wave we've seen over the past few years? Thats exactly what they're trying to figure out over at RL. They know there is vast internet hype and marketing gimmicks they can tap into. They know their used clothing is selling well above retail on ebay. This is jordan all over again. Retros, limited releases and online hype. That's what I see coming.
I agree Frank. As soon as I saw the Bring It Back Launch for Fall 13', I knew that RL was pulling the wagon down that road. But I think there are enough people around to preserve the culture through all of the hype.

Last edited:

I hear you.

And, I know you're familiar/friendly with some of the heavy hitters on the vintage side, but if you ask them, they'll say the whole scene was corrupted a few years after eBay blew it up. So, in one respect, the sky has been falling forever. But, in other respect, they're kind of right.

Like I said, I care a lot more about kids who don't know or didn't live through anything buying P-Wings for four figure prices with the click of a button than anything that happens to the modern/future apparel.

Once you can just buy your way into a culture, and the goal behind doing it is social media likes, that's when it jumps the shark.

That code is weird bc my polo hook up has to log in with their employee number on the website to get their discount. They just have to add the items to their cart and the discount shows. They dont have to put in any sort of promo code at all. Thats why this whole code thing is weird to me.

My hook up ordered some stuff for me last evening few hrs before that code dropped but just used standard shipping. Hopefully some stuff I ordered dont get cancelled bc theyre not available due to everyone that ordered overnight shipping.

Yeah, that struck me as weird too. When I had employee hook-ups in the past, it didn't work that way.

Pre-disco, I ordered about a gee worth of stuff from a connect. And, then like another $2500 worth of stuff a few hours before midnight last night on my own. I have no worries about the first order. After disco though, the damage was still like 8-something on the second order, and it hasn't moved yet. Still in the locating item status, so I'm a little worried that won't come through. As I said though, I'll only feel dumb for not going for the overnight shipping if it gets cancelled. Everything in that order was "nice to have" not "need to have."

RRLEGEND - I hear you loud and clear bro

BIP= Got dam….600???? sheesh

SPB- Dope pickup… that serape cardigan is a MUST have……. :smoking

Haha. Word. You know how it goes... My main love is Air Force 1s, and the history of that shoe is infinite. I have one of the deepest collections of AF1s around, and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface of everything I'd like to have. Then, you get into Jordans, and it's like, OGs for collection purposes, earlier gen retros for wear... It all adds up. LOL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom