**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I think the grumblings of RLX phasing out are premature. Everything is full price on th site at this second, and they just hit me full price for the rover parka at the Connecticut store. I'm in Atlanta and copped the very last Medium. Never been a fan of RLX at all, but the green Rover Parka is important and I got tired of waiting for the perfect Lo snorkel for over 3 years (and wtf is up with all the faux fur hoods?) If it does go the way of Sport, Rugby, Jeans, Country (and D&S in a couple), I wouldn't mind. The perfect Lo piece is superior to Purple, Double, and Black IMO, although I like the direction Black is heading with more rugged ****.

Man y'all are killing me by STILL flinging these rugby pieces at Ross and Marshall's. I swear the stores down south are worthless

I wonder how much Rugby is out there floating around?

Nice wears, PS.

Unpacked a few winter bins over the weekend. Itching to pull out some of the winter wears.

Wasn't trying to skip seasons - word to Jay! :smokin

since on the topic

That white sailing parka is a mean one. I love mine, super warm and just an all around beautiful jacket.

I think the grumblings of RLX phasing out are premature. Everything is full price on th site at this second, and they just hit me full price for the rover parka at the Connecticut store. I'm in Atlanta and copped the very last Medium. Never been a fan of RLX at all, but the green Rover Parka is important and I got tired of waiting for the perfect Lo snorkel for over 3 years (and wtf is up with all the faux fur hoods?) If it does go the way of Sport, Rugby, Jeans, Country (and D&S in a couple), I wouldn't mind. The perfect Lo piece is superior to Purple, Double, and Black IMO, although I like the direction Black is heading with more rugged ****.

I've heard from more than one polo employee that RLX is done. It is being absorbed into the blue label line and will be similar to how the RLX label was under Polo Sport. I think this year was the first time I've ever seen RLX and a pony on the same garment. But that's the current direction from what i can gather. And D&S isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The majority of energy is going into that line and it seems to be the future of the RL brand. Flagships are already doing well in Europe and soon we will have D&S stores here in the US. I think D&S is partly to blame for no more rugby/rlx.

That white sailing parka is a mean one. I love mine, super warm and just an all around beautiful jacket.
I've heard from more than one polo employee that RLX is done. It is being absorbed into the blue label line and will be similar to how the RLX label was under Polo Sport. I think this year was the first time I've ever seen RLX and a pony on the same garment. But that's the current direction from what i can gather. And D&S isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The majority of energy is going into that line and it seems to be the future of the RL brand. Flagships are already doing well in Europe and soon we will have D&S stores here in the US. I think D&S is partly to blame for no more rugby/rlx.

Interesting news...D&S store replaced the rugby store in Union Square NY. I'm totally ok with RLX line being absorbed into the blue label...blue label can also be very sporty, it's a good decision. I'm not going to miss it, it actually will probably improve the blue label line. As far as Rugby goes I only owned a few t shirts and one hat, but I really do miss Rugby only because of their wide array of customizing, I never got to customize a varsity jacket or rugby

Various USA sweatshirts from early 90's to about 2010

The best bear hats were released between 92-93 IMHO, I had the plaid sit down bear with the strap in HS, but more recently got the red wool fitted version. But if I could get my hand on the 5 panel rl2000 ski bear fleece, that has to be the rarest but coolest one. The RL2000 is a rare line in general. They didn't make a lot of pieces. Other than the Ghost Ski goose, I think the 5 panel bear fleece is the one to have. But like Smoke-Dog stated the older hat were deep fitted, not like Yamaka fit they make nowadays.
Anyone have a pick of the Ghost Ski goose? I got the shirt if its what I know as the Ghost Skier.

I think I know what you're talking about. It's a skier in regular clothes going downhill? I think they got that pic from an old Olympics poster from Germany. Got a pic of the shirt?

Last edited:
Anyone have a pick of the Ghost Ski goose? I got the shirt if its what I know as the Ghost Skier.

Not my picture, but this is the "ghost skier" goose, the also made a long sleeve tee for. It's one of the rarer gooses and one of my favorites I don't own

riverhead is garbage for RL right now, i stopped by after a shoot a few weeks ago and they had nada.
woodbury, good times... i wonder how many of us have crossed paths there and not even know it haha.

pmiddy, i know someone looking for that hat if you're selling.

Right now it's in the vault, unless someone makes me a trade offer

Man y'all are killing me by STILL flinging these rugby pieces at Ross and Marshall's. I swear the stores down south are worthless

I wonder how much Rugby is out there floating around?

That piece I posted was $39

Back
Top Bottom