The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

And here it comes 
frown.gif
laugh.gif

damn it i usually play #8 but instead played #45 :smh:...i would have won $100 if i would have put #8 >:

Last edited:
So I got one number right on a few tickets, what's the cash out looking like [emoji]128064[/emoji] [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Good info USDLAW.. It makes sense. The government wants a piece of everyones income. At every turn, they want that money to be accountable as far as someones taxable income.

Question, Couldn't you gift a car for $1 (that's what the bill of sale and title would read). I understand that once that person tries to trade it in for cash, that that money becomes taxable. But how are houses and cars taxed? What I'm asking is. If I gift a house and a car to a friend who makes only $29k/year, does his taxable income somehow change. Or in the government eyes, is he still poor? Can they look at a persons assets who feels they are "lying".

Maybe its best to keep everything in one persons name and just have them rent the house for "$1/month" or rent out a car for "$1". Or just keep it to yourself. The government does not make it easy, do they?
I made a mistake in your previous hypo. Like I said before, I took my tax law class a long time ago so I had to bust out my notes. 

*GIFTS ARE NOT PART OF THE DONEE'S INCOME*

Therefore, giftee and giftee' s friend have 950k and 50k respectively. 

As far as this hypo, his taxable income does not increase until he derives income from the sale of the property. So for example, if the home's value at the time is 1M and it sold for 2M, he or she is taxed for the 1M gain in value. Again, sorry to everyone for the confusion

I'm on the toilet and haven't checked my tickets yet. I may have the winning ticket.....

Last edited:
So I got one number right on a few tickets, what's the cash out looking like [emoji]128064[/emoji] [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
Was it the PB #? That's truly the one that pays anything.

PB alone is $4, with a 1 in 38 chance to win. A 1 in 38 chance to double your money :smh:
PB +1 regular # is $4
PB+2 is $7.
3 regular is $7. odds of that is 1 in 580
3 reg plus pb is $100
4 regular is $100
4 regular plus pb is $50,000
5 regular is $1 mil.
everything right is jackpot... odds 1 in 292 million

I think I won a million dollars dudes

Edit: oh, maybe just $4 haha

Last edited:
Back