The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

I feel sorry for whoever wins that jackpot. The media and news outlets will be ON THE HUNT for son. Is it illegal for them to track down the store and release the surveillance footage to the masses?

I feel sorry for whoever wins that jackpot. The media and news outlets will be ON THE HUNT for son. Is it illegal for them to track down the store and release the surveillance footage to the masses?
i hope so because once I win, i don't want the hassle!

Very valid concern.

Most powerball/mega millions winners go onto relative obscurity. So long as they keep out of trouble that is.

But this winner, oh.....Man....

If the winner isn't from one of the six states that allow for anonymity, he/she'd be an instant celebrity.

Man....

I'd hire the best Hollywood makeup artist money can buy. I'm talking about I'd show up looking like an extra from TWD. :lol:

I would be super shook driving home after doing the paper work 
laugh.gif

You can up to 5m. After that, it's 40% tax on your estate
terrible :smh:

Very valid concern.

Most powerball/mega millions winners go onto relative obscurity. So long as they keep out of trouble that is.

But this winner, oh.....Man....

If the winner isn't from one of the six states that allow for anonymity, he/she'd be an instant celebrity.

Man....

I'd hire the best Hollywood makeup artist money can buy. I'm talking about I'd show up looking like an extra from TWD. :lol:
yea giving the choice id definitely remain anonymous

I think you can set up an LLC or blind trust in a state that allows anonymity if you bought the ticket in a state that doesn't :nerd:

Last edited:
Good info USDLAW.. It makes sense. The government wants a piece of everyones income. At every turn, they want that money to be accountable as far as someones taxable income.

Question, Couldn't you gift a car for $1 (that's what the bill of sale and title would read). I understand that once that person tries to trade it in for cash, that that money becomes taxable. But how are houses and cars taxed? What I'm asking is. If I gift a house and a car to a friend who makes only $29k/year, does his taxable income somehow change. Or in the government eyes, is he still poor? Can they look at a persons assets who feels they are "lying".

Maybe its best to keep everything in one persons name and just have them rent the house for "$1/month" or rent out a car for "$1". Or just keep it to yourself. The government does not make it easy, do they?

I would just leave the country after setting everything up. I don't have many "close" friends to begin with and most of my family is not in the US. I'd rent a jet and leave... Then travel the world for 3-4 months. By the time I'd come back there would probably be another large jackpot and people would have forgotten about the last winner. I'll be in Bora Bora if they want to find me :lol:

After all the paperwork is done for my daughter to be all set up for the rest of her life and her kids life ....ill take my wifey on a trip around the world while I contemplate who to bless ...only my immediate family is seeing me (Moms , Brother and sister and only one of my uncles are automatics)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom