The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Almost done with Astrobot.

Love some of the characters represented. But without spoiling it, kind of sad to see a bunch missing the cut. Hopefully we see a sequel and some of these characters/licensing issues worked out.

Reminds me of not having Porshe in GT for the longest time. :lol:

Haven't finished the game yet (Vampire Survivors has me in a choke hold at the moment :lol: ) but EYE some discourse about there being a lack of bots from

Final Fantasy games

That's what you're referring to, correct?

The head of Team Asobi said they plan to release additional bots to rescue in DLC down the line so there's a chance that franchise might get added.

1726624390442.png

1726624412483.png

Haven't finished the game yet (Vampire Survivors has me in a choke hold at the moment :lol: ) but EYE some discourse about there being a lack of bots from

Final Fantasy games

That's what you're referring to, correct?

The head of Team Asobi said they plan to release additional bots to rescue in DLC down the line so there's a chance that franchise might get added.

Primarily, yes, but there are a handful of PS1/PS2 games I felt weren't represented at all.

Very minor complaint overall. Actually makes me eager for DLC. Finished it tonight and couldn't recommend it enough.

Almost done with Astrobot.

Love some of the characters represented. But without spoiling it, kind of sad to see a bunch missing the cut. Hopefully we see a sequel and some of these characters/licensing issues worked out.

Reminds me of not having Porshe in GT for the longest time. :lol:
no square is a bummer but i’m sure they will get em o the sequel

1726669197997.png

1726669300930.png

This is the biggest improvement I've seen out of the games listed. Probably why it has it's own dedicated video.
3rd party games will probably see bigger improvements than the 1st party ones.

PSSR is the real deal though. Double the framerate with better visuals.

Last edited:
4 years into a console generation is not late :lol:

That is why it's called a mid gen upgrade. Same thing was done with the PS4 & PS4 Pro.

PS6 will not be out for launch until holiday season 2027 at the earliest.

They already talking about the ps6 for 2027-28, it’s late. Plus it’s been a slow 2 years and next year seems the same. Steam deck is winning this console generation but ya not ready for that convo

They already talking about the ps6 for 2027-28, it’s late. Plus it’s been a slow 2 years and next year seems the same. Steam deck is winning this console generation but ya not ready for that convo

The MS court docs pointed to next gen target dates of 2028. PS5 launched in Nov 2020. Provided PS6 releases in Nov of 2028 as expected, this gen is technically less than half over.

Say What Zach Galifianakis GIF

No, please. I'd love to understand.

Most liberal estimates have Steam Deck at 5 million units sold since February 2022.

I'll need to check my notes, but I believe PS5 is ahead of this total.

Or do you mean "winning" like how my sons soccer team defines winning, where as everyone tried so we all get Goldfish and juice boxes?

Steam Deck is even more niche than the PS5 Pro as are all the other portable gaming PCs.
The Vita which people call a failure sold 17 Million. At this rate, it might not even pass the Vita.

A bunch of high profile games on Steam are not supported either and others don't run well. It's a great device but winning the generation is a stretch.

Steam Deck is even more niche than the PS5 Pro as are all the other portable gaming PCs.
The Vita which people call a failure sold 17 Million. At this rate, it might not even pass the Vita.

A bunch of high profile games on Steam are not supported either and others don't run well. It's a great device but winning the generation is a stretch.
They are supported you have to configure the settings but they work and many that say unsupported work straight up without configuring like got. Steam library plus hack and you could have everything in your page to play anywhere

Say What Zach Galifianakis GIF

No, please. I'd love to understand.

Most liberal estimates have Steam Deck at 5 million units sold since February 2022.

I'll need to check my notes, but I believe PS5 is ahead of this total.

Or do you mean "winning" like how my sons soccer team defines winning, where as everyone tried so we all get Goldfish and juice boxes?
We still doing sales then Nintendo is in prime curry mode and nobody beating them but you know that’s not the case.

Yes, Nintendo is killing it. Who is denying that? I don't know that many people would consider Switch a 9th Gen console, but that is semantics.

If not sales, then how are you quantifying "winning"? You like it the best?

Yeah I don’t count Switch against PS5/X. That 2017 launch messed it all up. Nintendo is in its own lane, good or bad.

Back
Top Bottom