The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly, I'm not a fan of these mid generation console refreshes. In two years, it'll be time to make PS6. Why not just cater to the PC market for these "high-end" performance versions?

Switch 2 going to spank Playstation Pro. AND they're doing a hand held too? And so is Xbox? $600 disc-less XSX?

This might actually flop. I hope it does to kill this trend. I never got down with the .5 system updates. Straight cash grabs.

Well, it's only happened once. I liked the PS4 Pro.

Seems obvious, but just don't buy it if you don't want it.

No rush, no hurry but will cop.

Didn't really pay out of pocket for either of my OG's so the MSRP doesn't feel that disturbing... ordered the DVD drive last week when word got out.

I spend most of my time on the 4090 machine anyhow, so will put my personal launch console up for sale when I get back in town and pick up the pro via the easiest method possible whenever that opportunity presents itself. No pressure, no fret. Already sold the Series-X and thinking about dumping the Switch OLED too.

Damn time flies...

That 778 PS3 is a CECHB01 which was the black trim with smaller drive and no WiFi. A more honest comparison is the CECHA01 (chrome trim) which is $934 dollars in 2024. I can’t believe optional WiFi was even a thing back then. I guess coming off PS2 nobody knew where data transfer was gonna go.

The inevitable GTA VI and PS5 Pro bundle will do damage and move units.

Can’t figure out had to add quotes to my other post.

Thought I just had was, hopefully we get a Costco bundle with the drive and may another controller for 30-50 more. 😅

No rush, no hurry but will cop.

Didn't really pay out of pocket for either of my OG's so the MSRP doesn't feel that disturbing... ordered the DVD drive last week when word got out.

I spend most of my time on the 4090 machine anyhow, so will put my personal launch console up for sale when I get back in town and pick up the pro via the easiest method possible whenever that opportunity presents itself. No pressure, no fret. Already sold the Series-X and thinking about dumping the Switch OLED too.

Damn time flies...

Its crazy to me you refer to it as a DVD drive

PS4 Pro was clutch for FFXV and PSVR. Didn't regret my purchase one bit. Even bought a 4k TV too just for FFXV

Honestly, I'm not a fan of these mid generation console refreshes. In two years, it'll be time to make PS6. Why not just cater to the PC market for these "high-end" performance versions?

Switch 2 going to spank Playstation Pro. AND they're doing a hand held too? And so is Xbox? $600 disc-less XSX?

PS6 ain't gonna be out for at least 4 years.

Pro models are not there to replace the base model. It's an optional mid-gen upgrade aimed at enthusiasts.

Also, It's catered to those who might defect to PC because the performance gap gets very wide late gen. The performance gap between PS360 and PCs around 2012 was huge and people moved to PCs according to Sony. That's one of the reasons why the pro consoles were born.

I don't see why having options is a bad thing. PS4 Pro was only about 15% of PS4 sales after it released and it ceased production quicker than the base PS4 slim which you can still get. It's not meant to be a high volume product.

I thought that they would lowered the price for the regular model and make the Pro slightly more than the original’s msrp.

Even the Switch, 8 years in has no price drop. Times have changed. Inflation means the price of the brick gone up. Even node shrinks aren't making console revisions cheaper like they used to.

I just bought the Slim last year, so it would be utterly stupid for me to buy this. But if you can get some serious PC gaming-like performances out of this, then maybe it can be seen as a bargain for those looking for no compromise in AAA games.

I feel like I should have just went ahead and replayed FF XVI and Rebirth. I really might just go ahead and upgrade my PC.

I’m curious to see sales figures for the Pro.

cachedImage.jpg

Sony put Logan and his claws to work for the PS5P.

Back
Top Bottom