The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I heard Gamestop right now is giving $400+ in store credits towards a PS5 Pro pre order.

I think people on reddit reported this.

I heard Gamestop right now is giving $400+ in store credits towards a PS5 Pro pre order.

I think people on reddit reported this.

i was looking at it too and saw this post but on the gamestop website its still ~$200 trade in

I've never ever put any of my PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS5 up vertically so need for that stupid cheap looking stand.

But still BS though for them to not include a disc drive. I use my launch PS5 for watching ultra 4K UHD disc movies and still primarily buy my games on disc.

I know they included extra hardware in it for the AI upscaler but I want to see more videos to see if its worth it. Is it going to be even near DLSS?

Ray Tracing at 60fps for GT7 in game will have sold it for some people but I need to see more comparisons. Digital Foundry going to be very busy.

I still feel for those in Europe though. :lol:

I missed it. $700 w/o the disc? Crap

The new Series X with only a 2TB HD is going to be $600.

Gamers aren’t going to be ready for XboxNext and PS6. Systems are gonna be 1k+ in 2028-2029 dollars.

Yea that Series X pricing is wild but can't say there's no competition :lol:

I was going to pass on the pro but…
$400+ you say?
IMG_6050.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
I'm getting one, not sure if day 1 or wait until GTA6/DS2 just yet
I have a digital console so no disc drive is whatever
I also plan on being on this gen for a min
Def not getting a PS6 day 1

Ray Tracing at 60fps for GT7 in game will have sold it for some people but I need to see more comparisons. Digital Foundry going to be very busy.
I enjoy RT as much as the next gamer, but if I'm in a race, my attention isn't on the reflections. 🤷‍♂️

Smaller than the OG PS5.

1725983560283.png

1725983582176.png

I enjoy RT as much as the next gamer, but if I'm in a race, my attention isn't on the reflections. 🤷‍♂️

Depending on the type of Ray Tracing implementation it could transform the lighting but I don't think its going to be that to be honest.

I am all for the pro model but the price and no drive version is a tough pill to swallow. Especially if they don’t show new games at TCG to justify the upgrade. 700 with the drive would’ve Been like ok everything on the world seems to be 20-40% more expensive and there is some new tech involved here. But no drive really dampens the excitement for the price to return value.

I’m gonna take the digital foundry approach. I just ordered an external hard drive while I sit and think about it (just in case there is a rush on them). I can always return it with 30 days.

Thank god preorders weren’t today. I need to meditate on this. I am conflicted with the dark side.

I thought that they would lowered the price for the regular model and make the Pro slightly more than the original’s msrp.

In this economic world that approach is dead. Price of electronics are going up, specifically in the gaming world.

As a converted PC gamer the Ps5 Pro is a very, VERY tough sale.
As a PS only console gamer the PS5 Pro is a very VERY tough sale :lol:

My launch PS5 is still doing great and hasn't had trouble with any titles yet. Only way I'm upgrading to a Pro is if there's some must-play titles that need the upgraded hardware to run smoothly.

Ya that’s a pass for me on the pro… too much bread for no reason… $700 and without the disk drive… even if you want to purchase the disk drive it’s still a separate item which is cumbersome…
I copped all the playstations from ps2 onwards and never copped the pro version… I think once I copped the slim version for the ps2…but ya I don’t even play my ps5 much to justify the purchase :lol:

Might buy later on down the line after some price drops. Glad they didnt make a cool LE system, I might have done something irresponsible.

Back
Top Bottom