The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

OMFG I knew someone had taken and uploaded the video of the chaos�
laugh.gif

Me and my homie left and called it a night after we just sat back and watch the stupid & crazy race just to lineup & have a shot at buying a PS3 at the midnight launch.

We were just
roll.gif
at the whole spectacle
laugh.gif

I'm seriously happy that circuit city went under a few years ago and is no longer in business. I hope Gamestop is the next retailer that eventually goes out of business.

ZOMG Max Payne 3 looks amazing..R* never disappoints. Definitely my most anticipated in 2012 along w/Bioshock Infinite.

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

ZOMG Max Payne 3 looks amazing..R* never disappoints. Definitely my most anticipated in 2012 along w/Bioshock Infinite.

I agree.
As long as you aren't one of the many NT'ers on here who all they know & care about R* is  GTA games.

R* has been on point with Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, and even Midnight Club LA.

[h1]PSA: Sharing restrictions between PSN games go in effect today[/h1]
Following yesterday’s scheduled maintenance, Sony has implemented its new PSN game sharing policy between PS3 and PSP. The new policy restricts sharing of new titles to two activated PS3 or PSP systems. The update will not affect content purchased before November 18, but will apply to all content purchased after today, so if you were sharing titles between five devices before then, it’s all still good to go. Those who wish to deactivate a device, can do so here.
[h1]Rockstar chose Max Payne 3 development over Bully sequel due to “limited bandwidthâ€[/h1]

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h1]PSA: Sharing restrictions between PSN games go in effect today[/h1]
Following yesterday’s scheduled maintenance, Sony has implemented its new PSN game sharing policy between PS3 and PSP. The new policy restricts sharing of new titles to two activated PS3 or PSP systems. The update will not affect content purchased before November 18, but will apply to all content purchased after today, so if you were sharing titles between five devices before then, it’s all still good to go. Those who wish to deactivate a device, can do so here.

me no understands.  ok so i remember we could file share something 5 times......does this effect that or not?

this effects how many systems a profile can exist on at one time?  so we can bypass this by deleting and recreating on another platform and sharing and deleting etc etc?

im confused by all this, honestly.

okay never mind i actually went back and read it right now. between ps3 and psp.

u can quote me on the hurribleness of my reply

honestly tho i rememberan earlier ps3 policy change post from earlier and i wondered these same questions.

it prolly talked about psp only related back then too right? sall good.

Do you guys think I'll be able to find a good deal for Uncharted 3 over Black Friday? if so, where?

Guys just keep an eye on Amazon.

I'm pretty sure they will match & have the same deals all the retailers will be having for video games on Black Friday.

Also free shipping and no tax to most states.

As promised my review and statement on Fallout 3 and why it is the greatest video game known to mankind (this is my first game review ever so lets see how this goes):

FALLOUT 3

Introduction

First off, Fallout 3 is about designing the person of your choice andthen going back to being a baby then realizing the vision of the adult you willbecome (wow I am so nice (this game is so nice)).  You grow up over the course of several scenes.  These juvenile years take place in Vault 101where you are raised by your father (voiced by the unimitable LeamNeason).  Then one day your fatherleaves the Vault, all hell breaks loose, and you leave in search of him.  This is where the capital wasteland comes in.  The only thing that separates this game withour own reality is that within the game’s mythology is the simple fact thatAmerican culture somewhat stopped in the 1950’s yet technology rapidlydeveloped laser gun’s at the same time. America remained in this hybrid world of cold war tensions and 1950’scarefree whimsy.  This game perfectly balances tension and soul souring triumph.

Presentation:10/10

From the moment you witness the opening ‘Please Stand By’ screen (as anindividual film cell in the style of old TV stations broadcasting ‘technicaldifficulties’ no less) to the point where you see the same type of film cell inthe Vaults you will know this world is as living, breathing, and alive as muchas any game can ever be.  There arecharacters and lives all about you even when the only person in the room is you(ok and maybe Fawkes).  I say thisbecause you can see evidence of people who were once where you stand (spilledcoffee cups, abandoned homes, and other various wares all about).  A fully- realized-fleshed-out-lived-in worldisn’t even the right phrase for this game’s vision.  It’s more like a full onslaught of humanity’s collectiveconscious.  Yes, that is by far moreappropriate.  Just as in other pieces of great work everything in this game is quotable, from gestures, sounds, dj’s,all the way to the unsaid moments of past atrocities and triumphs.  The seamless game presentation is everywhere.  One example would be the Pip-Boy device the character wears on his or her arm.  By pressing O the character stops whatever they're doing in order pull up their Pip-Boy and plan out their next move. You can change your gear, repair weapons and armor, take status  health potions like stimpacks and nuka-colas, and even tune  in to a few different radio stations (all of which -in conjunction - should never make the player feel bored or restless).

Graphics:9/10

So the drawdistance isn’t as good as the draw distance of Oblivion (sue Bethesda).  The actual theme of a desolate Americanlandscape will draw you in deeper than any fantasy world ever could.  Which is more relevant for modern America -a fantasy castle full of dwarves and elves, or a post-apocalyptic wasteland ofincalculable heartache?  Graphicalglitches and draw-in be damned, they are the only things keeping this score from being a perfect 10. Destruction and sorrow never looked so good (or so meaningful).  The facial expressions of the NPC's are not the best ever but when the amount of content in this game is taken into consideration it really is quite impressive.

Sound: 10/10

Fawkes willhave you in stitches (from laughter). Three Dog will have you pumping your fist (in victory).  Ella Fitzgerald will take your soul to thefarthest reaches of space and time (by notes only she can hit).  The thematic irony of many of the song’slyrics is undeniable and eerily appropriate (eg - “They hurry like savages toget aboard an iron traaaaaiiiiiiiiin/and though it’s smoky and it’s crowdedthey too civilized to complaaaaaaiiiiiiiin". Genius).  This sound is the video game equivalent of Star WarsEpisode 4 - too many quotables to list. In short, this game has the greatest unoriginal soundtrack everimplemented in a video game.  GrandTheft Auto has nothing on this.Even if all the all music gets turned off the sound effects of Fallout 3's world are a symphony in their own right.

Gameplay: 10

So the firstperson shooting mechanics aren’t Call Of Duty-esque?   I, however, have come to see these weapons as being so old andneglected that it makes true ante-apocalyptic marksmanship impossible.  When I enter a room in this game I cannothelp but check every desk and locker. If you are like me and must talk to everybody in every village you visitin an RPG then this Action-RPG is for you. Remember that line, “Rhythm is life and life is rhythmâ€

Originally Posted by OmarsOK

As promised my review and statement on Fallout 3 and why it is the greatest video game known to mankind (this is my first game review ever so lets see how this goes):

FALLOUT 3

Introduction

First off, Fallout 3 is about designing the person of your choice andthen going back to being a baby then realizing the vision of the adult you willbecome (wow I am so nice (this game is so nice)).  You grow up over the course of several scenes.  These juvenile years take place in Vault 101where you are raised by your father (voiced by the unimitable LeamNeason).  Then one day your fatherleaves the Vault, all hell breaks loose, and you leave in search of him.  This is where the capital wasteland comes in.  The only thing that separates this game withour own reality is that within the game’s mythology is the simple fact thatAmerican culture somewhat stopped in the 1950’s yet technology rapidlydeveloped laser gun’s at the same time. America remained in this hybrid world of cold war tensions and 1950’scarefree whimsy.  This game perfectly balances tension and soul souring triumph.

Presentation:10/10

From the moment you witness the opening ‘Please Stand By’ screen (as anindividual film cell in the style of old TV stations broadcasting ‘technicaldifficulties’ no less) to the point where you see the same type of film cell inthe Vaults you will know this world is as living, breathing, and alive as muchas any game can ever be.  There arecharacters and lives all about you even when the only person in the room is you(ok and maybe Fawkes).  I say thisbecause you can see evidence of people who were once where you stand (spilledcoffee cups, abandoned homes, and other various wares all about).  A fully- realized-fleshed-out-lived-in worldisn’t even the right phrase for this game’s vision.  It’s more like a full onslaught of humanity’s collectiveconscious.  Yes, that is by far moreappropriate.  Just as in other pieces of great work everything in this game is quotable, from gestures, sounds, dj’s,all the way to the unsaid moments of past atrocities and triumphs.  The seamless game presentation is everywhere.  One example would be the Pip-Boy device the character wears on his or her arm.  By pressing O the character stops whatever they're doing in order pull up their Pip-Boy and plan out their next move. You can change your gear, repair weapons and armor, take status  health potions like stimpacks and nuka-colas, and even tune  in to a few different radio stations (all of which -in conjunction - should never make the player feel bored or restless).

Graphics:9/10

So the drawdistance isn’t as good as the draw distance of Oblivion (sue Bethesda).  The actual theme of a desolate Americanlandscape will draw you in deeper than any fantasy world ever could.  Which is more relevant for modern America -a fantasy castle full of dwarves and elves, or a post-apocalyptic wasteland ofincalculable heartache?  Graphicalglitches and draw-in be damned, they are the only things keeping this score from being a perfect 10. Destruction and sorrow never looked so good (or so meaningful).  The facial expressions of the NPC's are not the best ever but when the amount of content in this game is taken into consideration it really is quite impressive.

Sound: 10/10

Fawkes willhave you in stitches (from laughter). Three Dog will have you pumping your fist (in victory).  Ella Fitzgerald will take your soul to thefarthest reaches of space and time (by notes only she can hit).  The thematic irony of many of the song’slyrics is undeniable and eerily appropriate (eg - “They hurry like savages toget aboard an iron traaaaaiiiiiiiiin/and though it’s smoky and it’s crowdedthey too civilized to complaaaaaaiiiiiiiin". Genius).  This sound is the video game equivalent of Star WarsEpisode 4 - too many quotables to list. In short, this game has the greatest unoriginal soundtrack everimplemented in a video game.  GrandTheft Auto has nothing on this.Even if all the all music gets turned off the sound effects of Fallout 3's world are a symphony in their own right.

Gameplay: 10

So the firstperson shooting mechanics aren’t Call Of Duty-esque?   I, however, have come to see these weapons as being so old andneglected that it makes true ante-apocalyptic marksmanship impossible.  When I enter a room in this game I cannothelp but check every desk and locker. If you are like me and must talk to everybody in every village you visitin an RPG then this Action-RPG is for you. Remember that line, “Rhythm is life and life is rhythmâ€

fallout 3 as GOAT?..... easy 
wink.gif

It is a great game and is obviously your favorite game, but maybe step back and try to be objective.... greatest video game of all time? No.
Graphics a 9/10? 
laugh.gif

Sound 10/10? You listen to the same 3 radio stations that repeat themselves every hour. Some voice acting is impeccable, but some of the lesser characters are laughably bad.

Presentation 10/10? Yes it is a very interesting setting and the environment fits the story perfectly. But had the DLC not been released, the diversity would have been almost non-existent. Every building you go in looks the exact same.

Gameplay 10/10? 
laugh.gif
 The shooting mechanic is average at best. Without VATS, its hilarious to see shots you know hit, miss. The glitches in this game are legendary and Bethesda did little remove them. Playing through an entire game without witnessing at least a couple is a very rare feat. 

But you message me 3 times a day on PSN saying "FO3 = GOAT" so I know no rational arguement will change your mind. 

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

But you message me 3 times a day on PSN saying "FO3 = GOAT" so I know no rational arguement will change your mind. 

Ok good, I thought I was the only one
laugh.gif

Kinda nerdy. I wrote my ten page single-spaced case study on PlayStation Network. Did my 15 min presentation on it last Thurs and received 100/100. Killed it
pimp.gif

Let me just say that PSN has come a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way and PlayStation Plus is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

fallout 3 as GOAT?..... easy 
wink.gif

It is a great game and is obviously your favorite game, but maybe step back and try to be objective.... greatest video game of all time? No.
Graphics a 9/10? 
laugh.gif

Sound 10/10? You listen to the same 3 radio stations that repeat themselves every hour. Some voice acting is impeccable, but some of the lesser characters are laughably bad.

Presentation 10/10? Yes it is a very interesting setting and the environment fits the story perfectly. But had the DLC not been released, the diversity would have been almost non-existent. Every building you go in looks the exact same.

Gameplay 10/10? 
laugh.gif
 The shooting mechanic is average at best. Without VATS, its hilarious to see shots you know hit, miss. The glitches in this game are legendary and Bethesda did little remove them. Playing through an entire game without witnessing at least a couple is a very rare feat. 

had me 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom