The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

There is literally no difference between a 10 dollar HDMI cable and the 90 dollar Monster one except maybe durability.

I have one of each (cheap and expensive) and there is no difference in on-screen quality.

I am looking at one on Amazon that is only $3, but would I see a difference from the generic HDMI cable I'm already using?

im hoping to pick up UC3 and Batman:AC for $30 a pop during black friday, maybe the last Driver as well since its only $20 and my pops wants it..

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

I am looking at one on Amazon that is only $3, but would I see a difference from the generic HDMI cable I'm already using?

Look one post above you. Empire answered your concern.

PO

Originally Posted by Mister916

Platinuming AC is an absolute %@%+#.

I assume Arkham City and not Assassins Creed? The Riddles suck, but the combos trophies are what is holding me back the most. And the fact I cant seem to do the damn VR missions or whatever. 

i just ordered an hdmi - dvi cable adapter

gonna use my hdtv as my pc monitor and see how that works out

does anyone here use their pc monitor as their main screen for playing ps3 games?

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

I assume Arkham City and not Assassins Creed? The Riddles suck, but the combos trophies are what is holding me back the most. And the fact I cant seem to do the damn VR missions or whatever. 

Some of those riddles are a %@@** to get especially the ones where you have to tap 3 riddle circles without touching the ground.  YT has some pretty good vids for the AR training.

Originally Posted by Battousai701

does anyone here use their pc monitor as their main screen for playing ps3 games?
congrats next time order a new mic

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

I think we should all delete him from our friends lists until he buys a new mic... seriously. Run that HQ @%*+ yourself until you step your mic game up
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

laugh.gif

Using my 32" Samsung LED TV as both a PC monitor and a TV for PS3. Both connected via HDMI (mini-HDMI for my PC). Haven't tried hooking up my PS3 to a computer monitor, though. It could work, but not perfectly the other way around.

From personal experience, TV's perfect for PS3. Generally LCD/LED TVs are not that good as PC monitors, though. Too bright and screen is too large.
sick.gif
Not to mention somewhat dizzying as well. I'm literally 5-6 feet away when I use my PC on it. Doesn't happen to me when I use my PS3, though.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
Hooked up my gaming rig to my friend's native 1920x1080 "Full HD" rig, and the icons aren't that readable. Mine's stuck at 1,366 x 768.

I'd say stick to a PC monitor for PC, and TV for PS3.

Sup fellas?  I need some help.

I recently changed the encryption on my router from WEP to WPA-PSK. My laptop was able to pick up the new settings, but my PS3 doesn't.

Everytime I try to run a internet connection test on my PS3  I get a message saying
"key information timed out. WPA key may not be correct"

I know the key is correct because it's the one I used for the wireless network on my laptop.

Has anyone had a similar experience like this or know of a way to fix this?

The irony in all this is that my PS3 could get online with the WEP key but not my laptop (after my hard drive crashed last week) now it's the reverse.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Some of those riddles are a %@@** to get especially the ones where you have to tap 3 riddle circles without touching the ground.  YT has some pretty good vids for the AR training.
VR missions ain't so bad the second Advanced one took me about 15 minutes. Just pull up as you dive bomb simultaneously. Everything else was ok. I'll never get the perfect freeflow 2.0 trophy
frown.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Sup fellas?  I need some help.

I recently changed the encryption on my router from WEP to WPA-PSK. My laptop was able to pick up the new settings, but my PS3 doesn't.

Everytime I try to run a internet connection test on my PS3  I get a message saying
"key information timed out. WPA key may not be correct"

I know the key is correct because it's the one I used for the wireless network on my laptop.

Has anyone had a similar experience like this or know of a way to fix this?

The irony in all this is that my PS3 could get online with the WEP key but not my laptop (after my hard drive crashed last week) now it's the reverse.

yeah when i upgraded from dsl to comcast i had this issue on both consoles, thru the settings they had me plug in the key # and change the password and it ended up working, is there an other setting you can put that works for both you console and laptop? i think i use wpa2 

yeah when i upgraded from dsl to comcast i had this issue on both consoles, thru the settings they had me plug in the key # and change the password and it ended up working, is there an other setting you can put that works for both you console and laptop? i think i use wpa2 
The settings on your consoles or your router?

I have an old router so the WPA2 encryption is not offered.

The WEP encryption was working on both my laptop and PS3 for a while,  but my laptop crashed over the weekend and I had to get a new hard drive and that's when I started having problems.

VR missions ain't so bad the second Advanced one took me about 15 minutes. Just pull up as you dive bomb simultaneously. Everything else was ok. I'll never get the perfect freeflow 2.0 trophy
frown.gif

This one got me close to it but the aerial attack keeps getting me:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...bedded&v=iZsk-KbI7TY

frown.gif

That video makes it look too easy.

There was a checklist on the screen or something. I'll try again and hopefully get the trophy within the next couple of days.

WHAT?

Spoiler [+]
<3

frown.gif

That video makes it look too easy.

There was a checklist on the screen or something. I'll try again and hopefully get the trophy within the next couple of days.

Yea, this is what the list looks like:

Here is a list of all 12 moves you need to get this Trophy:
1 – Strike
square18x18.png

2 – Stun
circle18x18.png

3 – Evade/Redirect
Cross18x18.png
Cross18x18.png

4 – Counter
Triangle18x18.png

5 – Special Combo Takedown
Triangle18x18.png
+
circle18x18.png

6 – Special Combo Bat Swarm
square18x18.png
+
Cross18x18.png

7 – Special Combo Disarm and Destroy
Triangle18x18.png
+
square18x18.png

8 – Special Combo Multi-Ground Takedown
circle18x18.png
+
Cross18x18.png

9 – Aerial Attack
circle18x18.png
+
Cross18x18.png
+
Cross18x18.png

10 – Beat Down Finisher
circle18x18.png
+
square18x18.png
(x8)
11 – Ultimate Stun
circle18x18.png
(x3)
12 – Ground Pound
R2.png
+
Triangle18x18.png

13 - Any 1 Gadget*

I think the Gladiator is the perfect map for it, gonna try it out today.

Originally Posted by toine2983

The settings on your consoles or your router?

I have an old router so the WPA2 encryption is not offered.

The WEP encryption was working on both my laptop and PS3 for a while,  but my laptop crashed over the weekend and I had to get a new hard drive and that's when I started having problems.

the settings online from the router

Proshares, that sequence you posted, if I memorize it & press it in the exact order as soon as a fight starts will I get the trophy?

Also, memo to anyone on the fence about the PS3 wireless headset. It's amazing. So comfortable & has so many uses. Empire, thanks for the recommendation!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

PO

^ No worries. It's really the best headset I've owned.
Also, memorizing the sequence probably wouldn't work, as every encounter is different. You have to kind of react as the fight is going, which is what makes it so hard. You could probably definitely do it in the same order, but you'd have to throw in counters and flips at different points to keep your hit count going and to avoid being hit, which would break the combo. 

Back
Top Bottom